Sponsored

Ford Performance Upgrades

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
The fitment issue with the catch can is when the throttle body spacer/adapter is used with the FP kit that retains the '18 intake manifold. If you use the GT350 manifold you don't need the adapter anymore and you should be fine. Alternatively, if you do use the '18 manifold and spacer the fitment issue is just a hose that won't reach and there is a member on here selling fitment kits to allow it to work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fp-oil-separator-relocation-kit-40-us-20-shipping.168739/
Thanks
Sponsored

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Remember FP does not equal Ford. It is a 3rd party company, after market parts not oem, and 3rd party warranty to cover some parts not the original factory warranty.

But just like a custom e85 tune, if your ac needs warranty work, the factory warranty will be honored and claim won't be denied, whether it's FP, OEM or custom. If the intake is defective, FP warranty will cover. If your engine blows up, and Ford blames the FP kit, FP warranty may cover some of it up to their specified amount, but claim coverage under the Ford warranty would be denied (again Ford and FP are completely separate).
To my knowledge, which ain’t much LOL, you are correct they are separate but Ford Performance is a division of the Ford Motor Company, not technically a third party company.

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
To my knowledge, which ain’t much LOL, you are correct they are separate but Ford Performance is a division of the Ford Motor Company, not technically a third party company.
Forgot to say, yes you are also correct the parts from Ford Performance are considered aftermarket parts, even though they are a division of Ford.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
even though they are a division of Ford.
Are they though? I thought Lincoln was their only division and everything else was subsidiaries.

Either way, like you said, there considered aftermarket parts.

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Are they though? I thought Lincoln was their only division and everything else was subsidiaries.

Either way, like you said, there considered aftermarket parts.
Right! I don’t like to be that guy that corrects people but I do think it is important to make it clear that Ford Performance is part of Ford. The main reason being that they have intimate relationships within the Ford family that give them better insight to make parts for Ford cars. Not to say that means they make a better tune than like Lund or something ir their aftermarket parts are as good as Ford OEM parts but the point is they try to follow the Ford way of doing things philosophically. In fact if you watch some of Ford Performance videos online they talk about that very in-company connections. If you go to their website you see it ends in .ford.com and also at the bottom of the page you see it says 2022 Ford Motor Company, proof enough.
491EC8B3-7B08-48E1-8236-1322630BA868.png

37718418-C526-4DAB-9B2B-91F7913086A1.png

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Folks, the FRP taillights are most likely the OEM units from the Ice White/Stealth packages. It makes the most logical sense financially, it would probably cost more to make a cheaper 3rd party unit than to use the existing OEMs. FRP is part of Ford. In my experience, their parts are parts off of OEM applications or occassionally they are a spec'ed aftermarket part. But in this case I'll bet you find a Ford engineering number on the part which renders the exact definition of OEM moot.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Right! I don’t like to be that guy that corrects people but I do think it is important to make it clear that Ford Performance is part of Ford.
There is a difference between a division and a subsidiary. Lincoln is a division, which means it is part of Ford; they are one company. I believe FP is a subsidiary, which means its a completely separate company owned by Ford. Everything else you said may be true, but there is a difference when it comes to warranty. Using a FP part could lead to a claim being denied while you wont have that problem with and OEM part. OEM parts also usually come with there own warranty while many FP parts are sold "AS IS".

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Folks, the FRP taillights are most likely the OEM units from the Ice White/Stealth packages. It makes the most logical sense financially, it would probably cost more to make a cheaper 3rd party unit than to use the existing OEMs. FRP is part of Ford. In my experience, their parts are parts off of OEM applications or occassionally they are a spec'ed aftermarket part. But in this case I'll bet you find a Ford engineering number on the part which renders the exact definition of OEM moot.
Except the FP lights come with no warranty and the ones from Ford do.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
There is a difference between a division and a subsidiary. Lincoln is a division, which means it is part of Ford; they are one company. I believe FP is a subsidiary, which means its a completely separate company owned by Ford. Everything else you said may be true, but there is a difference when it comes to warranty. Using a FP part could lead to a claim being denied while you wont have that problem with and OEM part. OEM parts also usually come with there own warranty while many FP parts are sold "AS IS".
While you are correct, I do believe FP parts will give you the best chance at not getting denied on a claim. Its the safest option out there besides staying 100% stock.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
While you are correct, I do believe FP parts will give you the best chance at not getting denied on a claim. Its the safest option out there besides staying 100% stock.
That has always been my thought too, but to be honest I have nothing to back that up. Like others have said, Ford explicitly states FP parts are treated just like any other aftermarket part.

But also, an OEM part will include its own warranty, while a FP part usually has no warranty. If someone bought the lights from FP and three days later they stopped working, that could end up being your problem.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
That has always been my thought too, but to be honest I have nothing to back that up. Like others have said, Ford explicitly states FP parts are treated just like any other aftermarket part.

But also, an OEM part will include its own warranty, while a FP part usually has no warranty. If someone bought the lights from FP and three days later they stopped working, that could end up being your problem.
If you read the warranty page on the ford performance website. It does state in writing that FPP does not void your "new car warranty". So to me its one step better than random aftermarket companies. Of course its not 100% guaranteed and they might still give you problems depending on what mod you have and what went wrong.

I am running a set of FPP rims on my mustang. Part of the reason I went with FPP is because to my understanding its a safer option for warranty. I refuse to believe ford performance parts and any random aftermarket company hold the same weight at the dealerships.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
None of the aftermarket parts voids "new car warranty". Note that warranty for the components from FP replaces original OEM warranty is is 3 years from in service date (when you received your car) - so if you buy it at the end of your 3rd year of ownership, you get nothing.

What really happens if something fails would have to be determined in case of actual faillure - however - aside from engine calibrations (which I think are very safe - but again 3 years of FP warranty so you don't get your remaining 5 years OEM one), everything else is either unlikely to fail or a wear item. Ya'll are massively overthinking it in this thread trying to justify buying FP parts - no need to.

It looks more or less like this :

OEM parts aren't very best (one has to be very naive think that) - they're very much (manufacturing ) cost "optimized" - AKA cheap.
FP parts are performance oriented with little impact to NVH and daily driveability
Aftermarket parts are significantly superior performance wise to both options.

Buying FP wheels - which are basically OEM wheels and easily the heaviest option of any wheel on the market is little overboard though.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I dont know about anyone else but I am not trying to justify buying FP parts. If available, and comparable, I prefer to buy from FP, I dont really care who agrees. If someone asks I will give my opinion though.

I completely agree with you, as has been stated here, and in many other threads, FP parts are completely aftermarket parts as far as warranty. The fact that they dont void your warranty has nothing to do with Ford, its a federal law. Of course Ford can still just deny your claim and then your left suing them and their team of lawyers.

I think the bigger thing to understand is most FP parts come with no warranty themselves.

I do disagree with the broad statement that "aftermarket" parts are inherently better the FP or OEM.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
If you read the warranty page on the ford performance website. It does state in writing that FPP does not void your "new car warranty". So to me its one step better than random aftermarket companies. Of course its not 100% guaranteed and they might still give you problems depending on what mod you have and what went wrong.

I am running a set of FPP rims on my mustang. Part of the reason I went with FPP is because to my understanding its a safer option for warranty. I refuse to believe ford performance parts and any random aftermarket company hold the same weight at the dealerships.
That's true of any aftermarket part; its a federal law. Read the rest of the page.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-25-45 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-26-08 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-29-01 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
That's true of any aftermarket part; its a federal law. Read the rest of the page.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-25-45 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-26-08 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 22-29-01 Consumer Disclaimer Notice - Ford Performance Parts.png
None of the aftermarket parts voids "new car warranty". Note that warranty for the components from FP replaces original OEM warranty is is 3 years from in service date (when you received your car) - so if you buy it at the end of your 3rd year of ownership, you get nothing.

What really happens if something fails would have to be determined in case of actual faillure - however - aside from engine calibrations (which I think are very safe - but again 3 years of FP warranty so you don't get your remaining 5 years OEM one), everything else is either unlikely to fail or a wear item. Ya'll are massively overthinking it in this thread trying to justify buying FP parts - no need to.

It looks more or less like this :

OEM parts aren't very best (one has to be very naive think that) - they're very much (manufacturing ) cost "optimized" - AKA cheap.
FP parts are performance oriented with little impact to NVH and daily driveability
Aftermarket parts are significantly superior performance wise to both options.

Buying FP wheels - which are basically OEM wheels and easily the heaviest option of any wheel on the market is little overboard though.
What you are missing is the human side to this equation. When it comes to aftermarket parts in general its not black and white. Which is why people on forums always talk about inconsistencies with dealership service and knowledge. Just a few days ago I read a post of a dealership blaming his "surging throttle" on his bolra mufflers. There is a level of discretion dealerships use. When your aftermarket part says the word "ford" on it and it was installed at the same dealership you are doing your warranty work through. The level of discretion greatly favors you. This is why I still believe ford performance parts are more idiot proof. Again just a opinion.

Speaking on pure facts you are correct though. This is how it should work by law, but it clearly does not work this way in the real world. Which is why people go to court over warranty related stuff all the time. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is used in court not at the dealership. This is what people fail to understand. You cannot call up the police and say "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" please make the dealership fix my car now.

I bought my FPP wheels because I like the way they look and feel better running them through my 8 year warranty for reasons said above. I couldn`t even tell you what a stock 5.0L runs on the track let alone weight of wheels. I guess FPP is marketed to guys like me....
Sponsored