Ford Performance Upgrades

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
@BabyDoc1012
@Matt1234$

I installed and/or had someone install the following Ford Performance parts/kits:
GT Calibration kit (CAI, TB, FP Tune), Track Handling Pack
Cosmetic only- I did the FP door sill plates, shifter knob, dash emblem, pedals
I have pictures here and there, but will get around to doing a build post and have them all in one place.

Other upgrades- Steeda subframe alignment inserts (had those done with the handling pack), steeda jack rails, Apex 18x10 EC-7 wheels with Continental ECS 275/40/18s square.

You will see mixed reviews on the GT Calibration kit on here. Several people love it, myself included. I think if you are like me and want something that is warranty friendly and gives you a bit of a bump over stock you will love it. I think those that are used to more aggressive tunes/power adding will probably find it lacking.

Track handling pack- I went ahead and did it and have no regrets. There probably are better kits out there, but for an out of the box solution for someone who wants a solid improvement in handling, it is pretty good. I think it was KZ that pointed out something about having a goal in mind when modding-- mine is to figure out what that goal is, and this was a good place to start.

@shogun32 gave me some great direct advice on suspension, and while I did not follow it fully, I did take it into consideration and may or may not move in that direction. But for me this is the first performance car I have had that was made this century... so its all about experimenting.

On the FP parts, the sponsor vendors on this forum are a great source for them, but you may also find them locally along with an installer at a competitive price. Look on FPs website--dealer directory and if one is local, give them a call.
Thanks for the input. My first performance car. Iā€™ve done some light modifications to cars in the past. Iā€™ve thought about the track pack. I have the 20s on mine, which I love and wanna keep, so Iā€™m skeptical to drop it any because of the wheel/tire size. Plus I think the stance looks great now.
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input. My first performance car. Iā€™ve done some light modifications to cars in the past. Iā€™ve thought about the track pack. I have the 20s on mine, which I love and wanna keep, so Iā€™m skeptical to drop it any because of the wheel/tire size. Plus I think the stance looks great now.
Here's my stance with the 18s and fp handling kit. 20s add a lot of weight and resistance. If not concerned with that than no need to change, save money and stick with what you like.

20220409_192223.jpg

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I bought my car used, and have not certainty (yet) on what they used. The little bit Ive looked it over when i did front wheel bearings, im 99% sure I have the ford track pack on my car. If thats the case, it still rides excellent, its dropped about an 1", and out of habit i 45 everything steep or inclined, my new edge on coilovers and headers, scraped everything all the time, but i didnt care.

My point is, you wont scrape with that kit, if thats your concern.

Ken Brown says " 18's for the track 19's for track+street, 20's for show"

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my stance with the 18s and fp handling kit. 20s add a lot of weight and resistance. If not concerned with that than no need to change, save money and stick with what you like.

20220409_192223.jpg
Looks great! Yea not concerned about weight, I guess my biggest concern is tire rub.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought my car used, and have not certainty (yet) on what they used. The little bit Ive looked it over when i did front wheel bearings, im 99% sure I have the ford track pack on my car. If thats the case, it still rides excellent, its dropped about an 1", and out of habit i 45 everything steep or inclined, my new edge on coilovers and headers, scraped everything all the time, but i didnt care.

My point is, you wont scrape with that kit, if thats your concern.

Ken Brown says " 18's for the track 19's for track+street, 20's for show"
The 20ā€™s look great, LOL. I have considered switching to PP2 wheels PP2 style wheels.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Me too

But right now for rims tires and installation it's around $2800 ish, so I'll wait a min.
You can find take offs a lot cheaper than that. A local (to me) guy has been trying to sell his for about 6 months. IRC he has like 700 miles on them and wants less than 2k.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wheel size should not matter at all as long as your tire diameter is close to what it was stock (and it should be).

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheel size should not matter at all as long as your tire diameter is close to what it was stock (and it should be).
Thanks, nervous because Iā€˜ve havenā€™t really modified anything since my boy racer days in the early 2000s and even then there were no 20ā€™s and it was a Mitsubishi Mirage. All I could afford as a broke E-3 in the navy lol

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Yep thatā€™s the kit and Iā€™m gonna add the 350 intake manifold. My son will enjoy the drive and will probably goose it one time and bark the tires and then respect the power, my daughter on the other hand, she bark the times and wanna do that every time. So Iā€™ll have to set up MyKey for her so she doesnā€™t loose her mind.LOL
You will need a custom tune to add the GT350 IM with the Ford Performance kit (it comes with the 87mm TB)...

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, no - completely incorrect. I installed both the engine calibration / package and Magneride Handling pack by myself - first uploads new calibration to PCB, second to VDM.
LOL, Good for you!
I omitted this part: For the warranty to be intact you will need an ASE or Ford tech #.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Agreed I want to do the ford parts as to not mess with the warranty. I had the same issue with the search it did not really produce what I was searching as it does on many forums. Even searching keywords does not always pull up what you are actually trying to get info on.
Remember FP does not equal Ford. It is a 3rd party company, after market parts not oem, and 3rd party warranty to cover some parts not the original factory warranty.

But just like a custom e85 tune, if your ac needs warranty work, the factory warranty will be honored and claim won't be denied, whether it's FP, OEM or custom. If the intake is defective, FP warranty will cover. If your engine blows up, and Ford blames the FP kit, FP warranty may cover some of it up to their specified amount, but claim coverage under the Ford warranty would be denied (again Ford and FP are completely separate).

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT

20220409_192223.jpg
Heyyyy

So that's how my car would look like on apex 18s!

I was stuck between apex 18s or LMR 19s for the longest time last year...

20210311_203140.jpg

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Heyyyy

So that's how my car would look like on apex 18s!

I was stuck between apex 18s or LMR 19s for the longest time last year...

20210311_203140.jpg
Looks good. I dont think either would have been a bad choice! I too struggled between the exact two set ups so thanks for sharing your pic!

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Yea, super frustrating sometimes and I donā€™t wanna get the finger wagging for not looking hard enough, LOL. Yea I just got a new to me 19 with low miles so I donā€™t wanna mess with the warranty and I like using parts they used on the special models. I donā€™t plan on tracking it, but a little more juice and a little better sound when Iā€™m taking the backroads. My plan is the GT350 intake manifold, 87mm throttle body, FP CAI, FP tune, AWE touring exhaust, Bullit brake kit, strut tower brace, PP2 splitter, FP hood struts and the FP engine dress up kit. I would like to add the passenger side catch can, and I know it doesnā€™t work with the stock GT intake manifold and the FP CAI, but Iā€™m not sure if I swap the manifold with the CAI if the catch can will work. Time to hit the search bar.
The fitment issue with the catch can is when the throttle body spacer/adapter is used with the FP kit that retains the '18 intake manifold. If you use the GT350 manifold you don't need the adapter anymore and you should be fine. Alternatively, if you do use the '18 manifold and spacer the fitment issue is just a hose that won't reach and there is a member on here selling fitment kits to allow it to work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fp-oil-separator-relocation-kit-40-us-20-shipping.168739/
Sponsored