Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I'm not talking about a lack of low end grunt at all. I'm talking about a very obvious situation when the computer steps in and cuts almost all power.
Do you have drive modes? Does this happen to you in track mode? Have you tried turning AdvanceTrac off? I can feel the car just bog struggling to move down low. But if I'm at 3-4k rpms and punch it, the car will spin and even get squirrelly with no power loss. Of course, i only do this in areas where there is nobody around.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
A question for any MT82 folks with this tune. Does it remove the power limiting in first gear? It doesn't always happen to me, but sometimes if I give it a lot of throttle in first while at a very low speed, NOTHING will happen. It drives me nuts.

With the stock tune there is definitely some torque management going on. The tune does help with that quite a bit. I drive consistently with the cars Advance Trac in sport mode.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Double tap the traction control to turn on advanced trac sport mode or hold for 10 seconds to turn off traction control and see if it still happens. It's been a while since I was stock but, as others have said, the car is more consistently fast with the tune. Stock I'd have good days and bad days, the latter causing the car to feel noticeably more sluggish. It's also been under 30° F lately so just tapping the throttle makes her wanna go vroom.
The stock tune has a really long recovery time from knock apparently, going off the tables someone posted. The tune shortens that up considerably. Probably part of the reason.

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
Quick question guys, so I read in another thread... at least for one user... that this tune somehow indirectly got rid of the 2k rattle his car had. Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm not sure how it directly got rid of it... but it did. That noise drives me NUTS, and I feel like this tune would be a win-win.... not only the performance of the car, but if it got rid of that noise... even more incentive.

Really curious to know if there's other success stories out there?

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Quick question guys, so I read in another thread... at least for one user... that this tune somehow indirectly got rid of the 2k rattle his car had. Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm not sure how it directly got rid of it... but it did. That noise drives me NUTS, and I feel like this tune would be a win-win.... not only the performance of the car, but if it got rid of that noise... even more incentive.

Really curious to know if there's other success stories out there?
Not even a little bit. Mine rattles just as loud and annoying as ever.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Quick question guys, so I read in another thread... at least for one user... that this tune somehow indirectly got rid of the 2k rattle his car had.
Mine still does it. I read that comment too and it certainly isn't my experience. The 2k rattle is normal I suggest learning to love it instead of hating it.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I maybe hear the high pressure fuel pumps more or kicking in earlier than before but I’m not 100% positive. I remember reading the annoyingly long threads on the tick ages ago and there was some speculation if it was DI noise as well. Since the timing and maybe A/F are different down low for more torque, it’s possible the DI kicks in earlier? I’m speculating and trying to connect some dots, this is not an area I’m close to an expert in. And I don’t have strong opinions about the tick, it is what it is :crazy:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Do you have drive modes? Does this happen to you in track mode? Have you tried turning AdvanceTrac off? I can feel the car just bog struggling to move down low. But if I'm at 3-4k rpms and punch it, the car will spin and even get squirrelly with no power loss. Of course, i only do this in areas where there is nobody around.
I'm almost always in Sport on the street, I'll need to try track and/or with advancetrac off to see if it's something that goes away in the more extreme modes. It's pretty rare that it happens but I could probably reproduce easily enough, it's usually after letting out the clutch just barely off idle in first and giving it more than moderate throttle before the revs have risen much. Just falls on its face.

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
A question for any MT82 folks with this tune. Does it remove the power limiting in first gear? It doesn't always happen to me, but sometimes if I give it a lot of throttle in first while at a very low speed, NOTHING will happen. It drives me nuts.
Yes, that used to happen to me, typically pulling out from a side road or restaurant exit onto a main busy street (90 degree turn) where you are trying to goose it to not get run over by oncoming traffic. This tune totally takes care of that problem, but be aware you now can have the opposite problem. If tires are cold, like pulling out in 90 degree turn (esp. to the left) first thing in the morning, and you get on it mid-turn, the back end will try to come around, even with traction control on. Not complaining, just be aware... :shock:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Yes, that used to happen to me, typically pulling out from a side road or restaurant exit onto a main busy street (90 degree turn) where you are trying to goose it to not get run over by oncoming traffic. This tune totally takes care of that problem, but be aware you now can have the opposite problem. If tires are cold, like pulling out in 90 degree turn (esp. to the left) first thing in the morning, and you get on it mid-turn, the back end will try to come around, even with traction control on. Not complaining, just be aware... :shock:
Thank you for A) confirming it is fixed and B) actually understanding what I was asking and not thinking I was complaining about low end torque haha.

The situation you described is almost always when it would happen to me too.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering since I have not heard much of a recent peep from the later users in regards to hood area above CAI now showing raised more than normal due to spacing between CAI and inner area of hood?

Is most installs showing driver side of hood being pressed up a little or mostly none at all?

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just wondering since I have not heard much of a recent peep from the later users in regards to hood area above CAI now showing raised more than normal due to spacing between CAI and inner area of hood?

Is most installs showing driver side of hood being pressed up a little or mostly none at all?
I don’t have any issues with hood fitment.

before and after installation looks the same.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I don’t have any issues with hood fitment.

before and after installation looks the same.
Good to hear. I was concerned about this too. What about water getting into the intake from the hood vent? Is that a concern?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Has anyone had an issue with the alignment/fitment of the GT350 intake on the 2018+? I did this mod on my old 2016 car and don't remember such a big discrepancy.

Basically when I have the whole intake assembly in place, the end of the tube that goes onto the throttle body doesn't even come close to fitting over it...the angle is completely different and there is virtually no play in the intake (even with the accordion style tube) to be able to angle it down towards the throttle body.

If I take the assembly out and first put the tube over the throttle, the airbox then sits up in the air and doesn't have the give to be able to angle it towards it's spot on the fender.

20210207_125737_HDR.jpg
Sponsored