Sponsored

Ford Performance Supercharger

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Watching that video made me realize how boring it must be to race an automatic... :punch:
Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Just admit it you are scared to swing a wrench so you got a warrantied roush car.
I originally pre-ordered a Whipple stage 1 through Lethal Performance. All the write ups for the stage 1 had the 3.875 pulley and the 132mm throttle body. Then Whipple decided to change this configuration to stage 2, and started shipping stage 2's first. If you wanted the stage 2 you had to pay more money, no warranty. The stage 1 would now have a 4" pulley and the stock 5.0 throttle body would be used. Classic bait and switch. Whipple couldn't ship stage 1's at the time because there wasn't any inlet hardware for the stage 1 yet. Another member here asked Whipple if they could pay extra for a 132mm throttle body and use the 4" pulley and still call it a stage 1 with a warranty , and WHIPPLE SAID NO. A couple weeks go by no stage 1 hardware yet. I see Lebanon Ford Performance put up a video on YouTube selling their cars with a Whipple stage 1 with a 4" pulley and a 132MM THROTTLE BODY, and a WHIPPLE WARRANTY. I couldn't believe this. LFP could get the stage 1 with the 132mm throttle body, and a warranty, but the members of this forum couldn't. I cancelled my order for the Whipple stage 1 and ordered a Roush phase 1. Now both these superchargers have about the same power output. I chose the Roush at $7599.00 With the warranty included in the price, over the Whipple stage 1 at $7650.00 and an additional $800.00 for the warranty. I bought my Roush supercharger when it was the only one with a warranty. 11 days after the install I broke #7 piston. Roush said it was due to a weak coil pack. Roush made good on the warranty and I got a new long block. If I had installed it myself I would have been SOOL.

A couple of other Roush owners have sent me PM's saying there is a gang of people on this board that love to kick sand in the faces of Roush supercharger owners. You appear to be one of them. An internet thug. A big man behind the keyboard. You now have the honor of being the 2nd one on my ignore list. If there at any more that care to be on my ignore list, step right up.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I have a Roush on my 16 and would not have it any other way. Support is great and performance is better. I'm sure there are other great products out there especially depending on application, but this Stage 1 is perfect for my car and myself. Hope everyone figures out what's best for you, N/A. Roush, Whipple whatever. It's all pretty cool..

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ooooooh an ignore list. Ohh no dont do that to me!! ROFL!!

You act like a snowflake when people provide info and question the BS you post.

Fact of the matter here appears you cant handle the truth so you use the ignore button to insulate your safe place.....

I guess that video of the 10.85 NA time must have really hit you hard huh?

LOL!!!

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
im commenting just so i can keep up with this thread, dont know how long it will stay alive, but i did go with the roush/ford supercharger only because of the warranty, even though it is provided by Roush my bumper to bumper is still there and have been to both dealers (Roush and Ford since owning) . Yes the inlet is small compared to others, yes the intercooler could be bigger. Yes the N/A are fast and capable, but i went with it anyways just for the warranty and its plenty fast enough in the streets for me. Ive done just about everything most do to the IRS for wheel hop and i will prob do an ice tank later. After my warranty is out ill prob go PBD tune, seeing a video they did they added about 30-40 across the board but really kept it up there in the higher rpms where it counts. After 1st gear the majority of that dyno curve is not seen just the 5500-7500 or more when racing and thats where the aftermarket tunes shine when roush falls off. Prob why the N/A aftermarket tunes are able to do so well and maybe other factors such as shift management with the A10's.
Need to change the name of the thread to Roush/Ford Supercharger vs N/A!!!!
To Each His Own.
Not bashing anybody's on here we all like the mustangs , pro's and con's to everybody's path to going fast and looking kewl.
I do think the 18 roush/ford is better than most think and a lot of remarks are from previous ownership or repeating what they hear from previous owners. Nothing wrong with that but if the new ones are running in the 10's thats awesome , if the N/A's are in the 10's thats awesome, just shows how well of a platform and the performance potential this little engine has.
Sorry this is long

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
im commenting just so i can keep up with this thread, dont know how long it will stay alive, but i did go with the roush/ford supercharger only because of the warranty, even though it is provided by Roush my bumper to bumper is still there and have been to both dealers (Roush and Ford since owning) . Yes the inlet is small compared to others, yes the intercooler could be bigger. Yes the N/A are fast and capable, but i went with it anyways just for the warranty and its plenty fast enough in the streets for me. Ive done just about everything most do to the IRS for wheel hop and i will prob do an ice tank later. After my warranty is out ill prob go PBD tune, seeing a video they did they added about 30-40 across the board but really kept it up there in the higher rpms where it counts. After 1st gear the majority of that dyno curve is not seen just the 5500-7500 or more when racing and thats where the aftermarket tunes shine when roush falls off. Prob why the N/A aftermarket tunes are able to do so well and maybe other factors such as shift management with the A10's.
To Each His Own.
Not bashing anybody's on here we all like the mustangs , pro's and con's to everybody's path to going fast and looking kewl.
I do think the 18 roush/ford is better than most think and a lot of remarks are from previous ownership or repeating what they hear from previous owners. Nothing wrong with that but if the new ones are running in the 10's thats awesome , if the N/A's are in the 10's thats awesome, just shows how well of a platform and the performance potential this little engine has.
Sorry this is long
There are several ways to get around the intercooler issue. A larger heat exchanger like the VMP triple pass. A bigger water pump that flows more. An E85 tune will have more resistance to detonation and run cooler. Meth injection can bring down the iat2 temps also. Opening up the closed honeycombs in the grilles will help. There are workarounds.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To Each His Own.
Sorry this is long
I don’t think anyone was really bashing your choice. I personally think it’s a great choice for a person that wants to keep their warranty. Some make the personal decision to chase more power. Some decided to be content with a little less. But also have the peace of mind. That if something let’s go. It’s most likely covered. Like every other purchase. There is no right or wrong. The only problem with this thread. Is when the internet racers start with a bunch of misleading statements. For better or worse. A lot of people. Actually read these threads. Before they make a large purchase.(8-11 grand including install) And one ding dong posting YouTube videos of 10.3s is stupid after they claimed the warranty mattered to them! People that look to these threads for information. Should at least get the correct information.

OP
OP

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
One nice thing about the Roush vs e85 is that you can fill up anywhere. I don't know what availability is like in other parts of the country, but I would have to drive about 30 miles round trip to get to e85, for a daily driver that's a non-starter for me. The Roush is also CARB compliant for CA folk. It is surprising how fast the Coyote can go without forced injection.

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Watching that video made me realize how boring it must be to race an automatic... :punch:
yeah about as boring as dating jennifer aniston when shes in her 40s compared to her 20's

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
yeah about as boring as dating jennifer aniston when shes in her 40s compared to her 20's
Has anyone installed the Ford Perf. Blower on their 19 GT? How do ylu like it? Good, bad ugly?

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
There are several ways to get around the intercooler issue. A larger heat exchanger like the VMP triple pass. A bigger water pump that flows more. An E85 tune will have more resistance to detonation and run cooler. Meth injection can bring down the iat2 temps also. Opening up the closed honeycombs in the grilles will help. There are workarounds.
From what i heard the VMP triple pass doesnt fit the 18+ but you can get an ice tank. but if the goal is warranty id leave it all alone.

One nice thing about the Roush vs e85 is that you can fill up anywhere. I don't know what availability is like in other parts of the country, but I would have to drive about 30 miles round trip to get to e85, for a daily driver that's a non-starter for me. The Roush is also CARB compliant for CA folk. It is surprising how fast the Coyote can go without forced injection.
the E85 issue is only for some. or you can go 93 for daily and swap to E85 tune for track. but yes access can be a problem for some

To Each His Own.
Sorry this is long
i think i accidentally started it. i think my original statement was that an 18+ A10 NA E85 car would give a stock 18+ roush car a hard time or any stock roush car. then someone didnt believe it. then various amounts of variables got thrown into the mix about when one was better than the other. It was mentioned numerous times that if you want ease of warranty a roush setup is a great choice. but if you are going to want to do some racing and increase power it might not be the most efficient option. you gotta pay to play and the gen 3 coyote is not a vetted platform yet.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
From what i heard the VMP triple pass doesnt fit the 18+ but you can get an ice tank. but if the goal is warranty id leave it all alone.
After talking with Justin Starkey he assured me that the triple pass would work. There is also the killer chiller. A similar system is used in the Dodge Demon. This system has you cutting and tapping into your air conditioning system. Doesn't sound like something I'd care to do. I don't see anyone on this board using this system either. I'd stay away from this one.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
After talking with Justin Starkey he assured me that the triple pass would work. There is also the killer chiller. A similar system is used in the Dodge Demon. This system has you cutting and tapping into your air conditioning system. Doesn't sound like something I'd care to do. I don't see anyone on this board using this system either. I'd stay away from this one.
Ok last i looked it seemed like there was a reason it wouldnt work.. but ya would be good that and an ice tank in the trunk. but at that point youre throwing away that precious warranty

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Weird that people drive around the city with nitrous, for that added TQ, for when they happen to light up, with another sports car at the light.

How does nitrous keep your warranty..? Nobody is buying a roush for the strip, it for all-around performance. If you get a SC, you get a tune. No tune on a Coyote is as good as a tune on a Coyote with a supercharger.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Weird that people drive around the city with nitrous, for that added TQ, for when they happen to light up, with another sports car at the light.

How does nitrous keep your warranty..? Nobody is buying a roush for the strip, it for all-around performance. If you get a SC, you get a tune. No tune on a Coyote is as good as a tune on a Coyote with a supercharger.
I must have missed the nitrous post. Not sure who talked about that. But yeah if you want the Roush warranty it’s decent cause they will typically honor them at the dealers. Whipple stage 1 has warranty too. But not sure on the details
Sponsored