Ford Performance Supercharger

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Entertaining thread here and I am a newbie 2019 GT PP1 A10 Magna Ride owner coming from the Mopar Land. I sold both my Hellcats 2016 Charger and Challenger last year. Owned both for a little over 2 years and had a lot of fun but the Mustang bug got me. And damn if the Mustang ain’t just an awesome fun all around car. Interestingly enough I picked up a GT350 17 model last summer and after driving her around then jumping into my Hellcats it felt like race car to BOAT CAR lol. And don’t get me wrong the Hellcats are awesome straight line fun cars and definitely not the back road cars. I sold my GT350 recently and picked up the GT with the auto which I love over the shifting and personal preference. I am going to go the Roush setup since in my eyes money spent I am way ahead to my Hellcat prices. And I am not tracking her just enjoying the all around fun factor the GT does for me. And thanks for all the input since it has helped me make my decision since I have been on the fence. I’ll update the thread once she’s tuned and installed. And here’s my former Hellcats and now GT
27B87C18-637B-46F9-9279-03641A28EEA6.jpeg

80AF283A-A641-40A8-90EB-4EF3ECAF60A9.jpeg

7CFDB320-41D2-4A93-A7E9-B5F2B7CFDE5D.jpeg
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Entertaining thread here and I am a newbie 2019 GT PP1 A10 Magna Ride owner coming from the Mopar Land. I sold both my Hellcats 2016 Charger and Challenger last year. Owned both for a little over 2 years and had a lot of fun but the Mustang bug got me. And damn if the Mustang ain’t just an awesome fun all around car. Interestingly enough I picked up a GT350 17 model last summer and after driving her around then jumping into my Hellcats it felt like race car to BOAT CAR lol. And don’t get me wrong the Hellcats are awesome straight line fun cars and definitely not the back road cars. I sold my GT350 recently and picked up the GT with the auto which I love over the shifting and personal preference. I am going to go the Roush setup since in my eyes money spent I am way ahead to my Hellcat prices. And I am not tracking her just enjoying the all around fun factor the GT does for me. And thanks for all the input since it has helped me make my decision since I have been on the fence. I’ll update the thread once she’s tuned and installed. And here’s my former Hellcats and now GT
27B87C18-637B-46F9-9279-03641A28EEA6.jpeg

80AF283A-A641-40A8-90EB-4EF3ECAF60A9.jpeg

7CFDB320-41D2-4A93-A7E9-B5F2B7CFDE5D.jpeg
Beautiful cars

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
I think this thread convinced me not to go with the Roush supercharger. But then again I'm not convinced the Whipple Stage 1 is the way to go either. My preference would have been for the Whipple Stage 2 and I found out the optional warranty is not available for that.

I came from a Hellcat where my tuner decided my pistons weren't worth it. Motor and transmission went to shit.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/new-motor-put-in-now-transmission-is-going.226475/

I don't want a repeat of that so why I am interested in a warrantied supercharged option.

Funny thing is, going NA E85 seems to be a better alternative than canned supercharged options. About 90% performance for less than half the cost. Ruining a motor is far less likely with an NA setup compared to boosted.

The other outlier is to go procharged or centrifugal. Seems to be alot more reliable and less stress on the powertrain.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think this thread convinced me not to go with the Roush supercharger. But then again I'm not convinced the Whipple Stage 1 is the way to go either. My preference would have been for the Whipple Stage 2 and I found out the optional warranty is not available for that.

I came from a Hellcat where my tuner decided my pistons weren't worth it. Motor and transmission went to shit.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/new-motor-put-in-now-transmission-is-going.226475/

I don't want a repeat of that so why I am interested in a warrantied supercharged option.

Funny thing is, going NA E85 seems to be a better alternative than canned supercharged options. About 90% performance for less than half the cost. Ruining a motor is far less likely with an NA setup compared to boosted.

The other outlier is to go procharged or centrifugal. Seems to be alot more reliable and less stress on the powertrain.
E85 tune no warranty
centri no warranty
roush warranty :)

nuff said

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.

The Whipple warranty is $800.00 Not included in the cost of the supercharger. Coyote Carguy on YouTube has a Whipple stage 1. He blew his engine 2 months ago. Still no confirmation whether the insurance is going to cover it.

Edelbrock is another option and I believe the warranty is included in the cost of the supercharger. I looked at the warranty on the Edelbrock a couple of months ago, it looked to be slightly better than the Whipple and the Roush warranty.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The Whipple warranty is $800.00 Not included in the cost of the supercharger. Coyote Carguy on YouTube has a Whipple stage 1. He blew his engine 2 months ago. Still no confirmation whether the insurance is going to cover it.

Edelbrock is another option and I believe the warranty is included in the cost of the supercharger. I looked at the warranty on the Edelbrock a couple of months ago, it looked to be slightly better than the Whipple and the Roush warranty.

Exactly, extra 800 and will they cover it, scary stuff.

Edelbrock is pretty good, I worked at a shop and they honored a bad engine mishap on 2012 Camaro SS

Me personally, I would give up .3 tenths and be happy going 10.80@129 with a Roush and their warranty is as good as gold

Only issue I have is if Dodge releases a NA 426 in 2020

That would be so bad ass
Shaker 426

Last edited:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, extra 800 and will there cover it, scary stuff.

Edelbrock is pretty good, I worked at a shop and they honored a bad engine mishap on 2012 Camaro SS

Me personally, I would give up .3 tenths and be happy going 10.80@129 with a Roush and their warranty is as good as gold

Only issue I have is if Dodge releases a NA 426 in 2020

That would be so bad ass
Shaker 426
The RUMOR is April 26 is the possible release tease meaning 4/26 day for Dodge to start showing the 2020 Challenger 50th anniversary package...? I am a very active Hellcat.org Forum member and pretty incredible how long Dodge is holding out on any new info for 2020 release.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The RUMOR is April 26 is the possible release tease meaning 4/26 day for Dodge to start showing the 2020 Challenger 50th anniversary package...? I am a very active Hellcat.org Forum member and pretty incredible how long Dodge is holding out on any new info for 2020 release.
I have to wait, I have to know if there really gonna do it. To own a challenger 426 Shaker, would be a dream come true.

I love the TA, but I would probably get a GT over it.

But a 426, that I would have to have over anything

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I have to wait, I have to know if there really gonna do it. To own a challenger 426 Shaker, would be a dream come true.

I love the TA, but I would probably get a GT over it.

But a 426, that I would have to have over anything
Then I would wait since the GT will be available and for the Dodge it's just a matter of time and yes time hurts lol.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Then I would wait since the GT will be available and for the Dodge it's just a matter of time and yes time hurts lol.
You really think they will do it, huh?

4/26 the info should come?
That would be hilarious, I know they teased us last yr

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
OK, let's say my goal was to run low 10's with a trap speed of 135 minimum. Trap speed would mean more to me than actual time because I tend to get into alot of roll races.

What supercharger would get me there reliably the cheapest?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
OK, let's say my goal was to run low 10's with a trap speed of 135 minimum. Trap speed would mean more to me than actual time because I tend to get into alot of roll races.

What supercharger would get me there reliably the cheapest?
if you do e85, any of them.. lol most of it depends on budget and preference of power delivery
Sponsored