Sponsored

Ford Performance Stage 1 Power Pack On Our 2015 GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Does EU have a different header configuration, or was that only for RHD cars?
Just RHD cars.

Still awaiting Ford UK to make the decision on when/if we will see any of those kits here in the UK. They are being very secretive and just don't want to commit to anything.

Very annoying:frusty:
Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I actually think it looks good. It's where you want the gains - mid through the top. Low rpm torque feels good but it's not fast. Not sure why anyone would lug their motor at 1500rpm anyway.

Now, if it added torque in the 2k to 4k range then sure, that's useful. But this tune looks like it'll make the car be and feel faster when you really lay into it. Good stuff.
80% of my driving occurs below 2000rpm, albeit at partial throttle, so the gains would be more or less inconsequential :shrug:

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Not worth the money ford 15 HP
Just buy a high flow K&N air filter and pump 91+ Octane fuel in your car. You are getting most of your power from those 2 alone, the 'tuner" only seem to tune the transmission, not engine.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
80% of my driving occurs below 2000rpm, albeit at partial throttle, so the gains would be more or less inconsequential :shrug:
If you're just cruising and not trying to really "move out" then yes, mostly (not completely) useless. Nice to have? Sure.

I'm just saying that I find it amusing that Ford would tout the low rpm torque rather than the much more useful midrange gains.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Just buy a high flow K&N air filter and pump 91+ Octane fuel in your car. You are getting most of your power from those 2 alone, the 'tuner" only seem to tune the transmission, not engine.
Just looking at the profiles on the left, there aren't many Mustangs posting in this thread that have a transmission that can be changed by a tune...:lol:

Plus (pun intended), who buys a GT and runs 87 Octane?:crazy:

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I am also interested in seeing the torque gain at 1500rpm. Everyday driving involves frequent pulling from this rev at low gears.

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
I am also interested in seeing the torque gain at 1500rpm. Everyday driving involves frequent pulling from this rev at low gears.
It doesn't exist.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Where can I get this for $300???
You can't. Cheapest I've been able to find is $400 shipped. Even the group buy was like $380.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just looking at the profiles on the left, there aren't many Mustangs posting in this thread that have a transmission that can be changed by a tune...:lol:

Plus (pun intended), who buys a GT and runs 87 Octane?:crazy:
I do. I have tried both 87 and 93 and don't notice a diff. Car has the stock tune. Runs very strong i will say that. I only drive 4 miles to work and only put about 55 miles a week on it in all stop and go. I get on it plenty, but never have a chance in any open traffic free highways to really let loose. Once i get it tuned for 93 i am sure i will notice a diff.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Hey guys!

I just got in touch with Ford Performance. The numbers that are claimed are Flywheel numbers from FRPP due to accuracy.

Once again, if you guys have any other questions feel free to ask away!
Okay, one very serious question: does this tune really give you an extra 40 ft lb at 1,500 rpm, which is the most important claim and the best reason I'd have for buying it?

I'm in 6th gear between 1,000 and 1,500 rpm a lot while commuting — unfortunately you didn't start your pull until 2,000 rpm.
:confused::shrug:

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Stoplights, stop signs, slow traffic... pretty much any time you start moving on the street.
Regular GTs don't lug at 1,000-1,500 rpm on level ground in 6th like GTPPs do... different gearing.

I'm not saying you can do anything but accelerate slowly at that speed (1,000 rpm is about 40 mph in 6th), but my car's definitely not unhappy about cruising along at that speed/rpm.

:D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.