Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Got mine from Gates ford in Stevenage they also fitted it no issues at all and makes the auto box so much better car kinda feels like this should have been standard rather than an upgrade altho its a minor update it changes the way the car drives and is so much better expensive for what you get but keeps car in its warranty as its Ford
Sponsored

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Got mine from Gates ford in Stevenage they also fitted it no issues at all and makes the auto box so much better car kinda feels like this should have been standard rather than an upgrade altho its a minor update it changes the way the car drives and is so much better expensive for what you get but keeps car in its warranty as its Ford
I mirror that exactly. Fitted to my auto by Hendy Performance yesterday and I love the change In drivability and performance. Also sounds amazing with the FP by Borla cat back. Hendy have done lots of these and they said you can’t install one bought from the US as the online registration won’t provide a calibration for a US sourced part against a UK VIN.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OK, so I have now installed it. My Descriptions reads: Euro Stage 6.1, 2016-J S550 MUSTANG GT, PERF PACK, 155 MPH.

Not sure if that helps you, or confuses things further.
Not having much luck trying to get help from Ford about this other than being told to take it to dealership (I'm sure they'd know!)

In the meantime though, I might've got my answer by gently driving the engine up to 7,100rpm in 2nd on the motorway.only time I've hit the rev limiter before is at WOT, so I've never had chance to gauge when it kicks in. Was a strange sensation when doing this in a more controlled fashion, like someone gently applying the brakes on and off!

Anyway, it did get up to 7,100rpm so I guess that confirms I have the right calibration after all. Also, driving a bit in sport+ recently I have noticed the auto shift pressures feel a little firmer.

Am I right in thinking that the stock tune rev limit is 6,800rpm?

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
Am I right in thinking that the stock tune rev limit is 6,800rpm?
Yes, that confirms it. I've not fitted my Borla Type S, and the car is transformed. It really does sound properly muscular now. Cruising at an indicated 75mph on the Motorway, I do find the "Buh Buh Buh Buh" to be quite noticeable - it's not quite the drone-free proposition as proclaimed by various Borla resellers you see on Youtube. I would have preferred if it was a little quieter at a cruise, but it's a small price to pay to get that proper V8 burble. In every other scenario it is awesome.

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
A further update following a longer journey. From Ringwood on A31, M27 and M3 as far as the M25 (so about 70 miles) without any traffic and gunning it most of the time in regular 'D', I averaged 33mpg.

The best I ever got pre-upgrade (and deliberately driving with economy in mind) was 34, so this was quite a surprise!

The story didn't end well though. I then spent 30 minutes stuck on the M25 'car park' and the average dropped to 26!

My next 'mod to the mod' is probably going to be the Blue washable Ford Performance air filter. FP part number is M-9601-G but it's cheaper as part number 863-399 from Airaid direct. I found one in the UK for ÂŁ75.49 from a company called 'JM Imports'. Anyone heard of them?

Cheers
David

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, that confirms it. I've not fitted my Borla Type S, and the car is transformed. It really does sound properly muscular now. Cruising at an indicated 75mph on the Motorway, I do find the "Buh Buh Buh Buh" to be quite noticeable - it's not quite the drone-free proposition as proclaimed by various Borla resellers you see on Youtube. I would have preferred if it was a little quieter at a cruise, but it's a small price to pay to get that proper V8 burble. In every other scenario it is awesome.
If the volume does get to be too much for you, you could always fit the Borla centre resonator (essentially making a Borla Touring system). it does seem to give more sound deadening than the factory resonator and will also reduce any rasp from the S type axle backs compared to the factory resonator BUT it could kill the sound just a little bit too much for you!

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
If the volume does get to be too much for you, you could always fit the Borla centre resonator (essentially making a Borla Touring system). it does seem to give more sound deadening than the factory resonator and will also reduce any rasp from the S type axle backs compared to the factory resonator BUT it could kill the sound just a little bit too much for you!
Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I am surprised it would be quieter than the stock resonator, but I guess they made it as a package. I'll leave it for now, I think I have already splurged enough on the car :-).

inectarios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RHD Mustang GT
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know if any dealership still offers a PP1 / PP2 for sale? They are no where to be found and I understand that buying a US supplied one is a no-go for UK/EU cars?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
Just been to BSM Stoke who say 'Five Kits' are still listed on Ford's System under Part Number F2216661 and not 35230015 which I think includes fitting.
#M9603M8A is the USA Part number for their Kits.
So if anybody still requires, get in quick.

Sponsored

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
AS an update, Finis Part Number 2216661 is indeed the 'Ford Performance Pack 2', but without the Dealer fitting included.
Voucher code, etc all still in the packaging.
GB71499EA is another number on the box.
Strangely the descripter states ' Super charger Assembly' .
The Box is dusty, and originally packed January 2018 so its been around.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know if any dealership still offers a PP1 / PP2 for sale? They are no where to be found and I understand that buying a US supplied one is a no-go for UK/EU cars?
The PP2 is basically this with Ford charging you a ÂŁ1k for a tune and to fit it. An aftermarket tune would be cheaper and provide more performance.

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Just been to BSM Stoke who say 'Five Kits' are still listed on Ford's System under Part Number F2216661 and not 35230015 which I think includes fitting.
#M9603M8A is the USA Part number for their Kits.
So if anybody still requires, get in quick.
Yes got mine there too, also dead easy to fit and the Ford performance download was no bother, just make sure your battery voltage is good and you have a good 'internet' connection speed.
Sponsored