WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Hi there,

Just wondering whether any of you running Ford Performance Power Pack 2 have experienced any slight pinging through the low to mid rpm range with say 40% throttle or greater?

I'm running it on my Australian spec Mustang and experiencing this - only audible when the windows are down and driving against something like a wall/barrier etc. As I understand the RHD specific tune is identical worldwide, so thought I'd ask in here for some feedback. Not many people run it over here, but I understand it's a bit more popular in the UK.

The kit has been fitted for a few thousand km, so plenty of time to learn the adaptive values for knock etc. I'm the original owner of the car, it's only ever had 98 RON it's whole life and has run a Ford Performance oil seperator since 7500km (currently has 32000km).

I just wanted to gather some feedback before contacting Ford Performance about it. If anyone has experienced it and found a fix, I'd love to hear that too.

Many thanks.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Is it confirmed knock from a log? Could it be resonance / exhaust noise in that specific road condition?
I just say as Iā€™ve got a similar tune on mine and the only time Iā€™ve managed to see knock in the logs is on a hard gear change or pot holes where itā€™s actually false knock being detected. Under normal circumstances the ecu simply just canā€™t command enough timing on 99RON to get real pre detonation. Have you run several tanks of fuel all with the same issue?

OP
OP
WILDB

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Is it confirmed knock from a log? Could it be resonance / exhaust noise in that specific road condition?
I just say as Iā€™ve got a similar tune on mine and the only time Iā€™ve managed to see knock in the logs is on a hard gear change or pot holes where itā€™s actually false knock being detected. Under normal circumstances the ecu simply just canā€™t command enough timing on 99RON to get real pre detonation. Have you run several tanks of fuel all with the same issue?
I haven't data logged it yet, however I have done about 4000km since the kit was fitted, with different brands of 98RON (that's the best we get over here) and it has been present with all of the different tanks. The only brand I haven't tried is BP, so I'll give a few tanks of BP Ultimate a go and also do some data logging.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't data logged it yet, however I have done about 4000km since the kit was fitted, with different brands of 98RON (that's the best we get over here) and it has been present with all of the different tanks. The only brand I haven't tried is BP, so I'll give a few tanks of BP Ultimate a go and also do some data logging.
I run shell v power 99 Ron in mine but Iā€™ve used BP ultimate too and that is good enough to prevent any form of knock in my logs. If you have a data logger you can borrow then I strongly advise trying. If not then try your dealer to confirm if there are any codes recorded.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Maybe you are hearing the infamous 2K rattle. Your car likely did it before adding the performance kit.
Try logging or monitor with the "gauges" in the Procal device.
Sponsored