Sponsored

Ford Performance Power Packs

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has any one on here purchased and installed (or had installed) any of the official Ford Performance Power Packs?

Recently did this (with a bit of a hiccup) and wondered what anyone else's experience was.
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Do these come direct from Ford and don't void your warranty? What's involved?

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Benno2000 is the only one off the top of my head, positive experience/review from what I remember. Keen to hear a follow up review though!

I believe itā€™s only Ford who can supply/fit. Been on my wish list for a while...

I did notice the other day that there was 10% off the pp1, and about Ā£60 off the pp2. Still pricey but nice to see a little discount from Ford! Even more tempted now...

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I technically have performance pack 3. When I realised the PP3 was being delayed due to emissions and possibly not coming to Europe, back in 2016, I bought up all the parts separately and had a Lund tune. Doesn't Fords website say not for road use ?

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
@Benno2000 is the only one off the top of my head, positive experience/review from what I remember. Keen to hear a follow up review though!

I believe itā€™s only Ford who can supply/fit. Been on my wish list for a while...

I did notice the other day that there was 10% off the pp1, and about Ā£60 off the pp2. Still pricey but nice to see a little discount from Ford! Even more tempted now...
I can definitely feel the power increases - the increased responsiveness and urgency when accelerating hard are quite noticeable IMO.
It is pricey, especially when fitted by Dealer (I assumed it needed to be Dealer fitted to maintain Warranty, as per US).

Benno

A9823A79-8408-4087-9AD8-4145ED467EB2.jpeg

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Warranty covered by Ford, but not permitted on public roads, so does that not void the warranty ?

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Warranty covered by Ford, but not permitted on public roads, so does that not void the warranty ?
As far as Iā€™m concerned the 2 statements are not linked - I read somewhere that that public roads statement meant that the manufacturer did not need he parts to be passed for road use by EU testing but canā€™t find the link atm.

Benno

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I assume it's like the bonnet vents then, Ford weren't allowed to sell them fitted to the car due to EU health and safety laws but it doesn't stop you fitting them after market.

I had my oil cooler replaced under warranty with the PP3 installed.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought a PP1 kit online (from a UK Ford franchise dealership) and installed at home. The kit looked identical to the US part and all the supplied literature was US related and directed me to the US Ford Performance website to register and download the software. At first, the tune file would not download, so I contacted Ford Performance via email. I had to send them a few files from the ProCal folders and eventually I was able to download and install a tune file from them. Iā€™m just not 100% convinced itā€™s the correct file. If anyone else has done a DIY install of any of the kits Iā€™d be interested to know what the tune file comes up as in the ā€˜descriptionā€™ section of the ProCal window

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I bought a PP1 kit online (from a UK Ford franchise dealership) and installed at home. The kit looked identical to the US part and all the supplied literature was US related and directed me to the US Ford Performance website to register and download the software. At first, the tune file would not download, so I contacted Ford Performance via email. I had to send them a few files from the ProCal folders and eventually I was able to download and install a tune file from them. Iā€™m just not 100% convinced itā€™s the correct file. If anyone else has done a DIY install of any of the kits Iā€™d be interested to know what the tune file comes up as in the ā€˜descriptionā€™ section of the ProCal window
Does a diy install mean you donā€™t get the warranty? (As per US)

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Iā€™m not sure, but for me the extra cost of and hassle of having it dealer installed wouldā€™ve outweighed the benefit. The way I see it is no aftermarket kits will be warrantied, Ford developed tune is probably the least likely to cause issues and it is the only one I could find that I was satisfied wouldnā€™t make the shift settings unpleasant (auto). Also, I thought the low down torque increase is what would benefit me most. None of the other tuners seemed to be able to achieve that.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hell of a lot of money when compared to the other options...
PP1 and PP2 are just basic bolt-ons and PP3 for me adds all the power higher up in the rev range, a supercharger would provide more useful, low down power.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
a supercharger would provide more useful, low down power.
Im sure it would, but thatā€™s a few more brackets price wise!