Screenshot_20221218-084753~2.png

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
No part number shown in the ford authority article so have no specs on what actual gains you will get for 790.00 bucks. It is nice that they say plug and play but call me a skeptic since my issue with the FP tune, I had installed on my eco. I have no faith in FP anymore. It also states the new throttle body may not be street legal in some areas.

Just found this part number but no dyno numbers. This is likely not the same as the throttle body listed in the article since it states for 2015-17 models. I have measured my stock throttle body and intake inlet diameters and can say the throttle body is 60mm before the throttle blade and then has a taper after it up to 63mm and the intake plenum inlet is 70mm, so the new throttle body will be the same diameter as the intakes opening which should allow for more airflow.

2.3L ECOBOOST 70MM BILLET THROTTLE BODY| Part Details for M-9926-M2370 | Ford Performance Parts

BD

Last edited:

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
The 15-17 TB is honestly a pretty nice piece. I ordered it after going back and forth between sales and tech who stated the 15-17 would actually work for the 18+.

I may bite the bullet on this one. Who knows.

Edit: The 15-17 WILL NOT work on the 18+ and I ended up sending it back.

Last edited:

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
The 15-17 TB is honestly a pretty nice piece. I ordered it after going back and forth between sales and tech who stated the 15-17 would actually work for the 18+.

I may bite the bullet on this one. Who knows.
I have never bought an aftermarket throttle body before.... what was it like on the 15-17? Advantages? Disadvantages?

I might pick one up and store my stock one as a spare

Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I have never bought an aftermarket throttle body before.... what was it like on the 15-17? Advantages? Disadvantages?

I might pick one up and store my stock one as a spare
It didn't operate properly despite what the techs stated, and had to be sent back.

I've added bolt ons to other engines before to include TBs and have always encountered a higher throttle response. No idea on horsepower/torque gains though but it did seem to wake the engine up a little bit.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
It didn't operate properly despite what the techs stated, and had to be sent back.

I've added bolt ons to other engines before to include TBs and have always encountered a higher throttle response. No idea on horsepower/torque gains though but it did seem to wake the engine up a little bit.
Good enough for me haha. This thing needs a little more responsiveness.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the throttle body. Should be here in a few days. I will write a review about it a little after that.

I also ordered the Ford performance calibration (pro cal 4) but that was put on back order 😩

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the throttle body. Should be here in a few days. I will write a review about it a little after that.

I also ordered the Ford performance calibration (pro cal 4) but that was put on back order 😩
Keep us updated on how the TB works out and when you get the Procal 4 tuner. I am still dealing with FP on my Procal 3 tune issue that I started a thread about on the forum.

BD

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Are you going to dyno the car before and after the TB and tune install to tell real improvements they make?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
At least do some 0-60 or 1/8th, 1/4 mile pulls before and after TB install and tune.

BD

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)

Install is stupidly easy. Instead of forcing the cold side pipe onto the TB after installing the TB, loosely install the pipe onto the TB BEFORE you mount the TB. Makes the process so much easier. Took me about 15 minutes start to finish (including the airbox) once I figured out that trick.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Installed the new throttle body yesterday. Looks beautiful. I have noticed a very minor increase in throttle response. The engine feels like it builds power more smoothly and has a slightly different note. The biggest thing I felt was when the car gets into overdrive - it feels like the car bogs down less.

IMG_20230107_144007.jpg

Removing and mounting the new part was super easy. The hardest part was attaching the hose to the face of the new body. That was absolutely awful. Why Ford designed the clips the way they did I have no idea. So, I removed 2/3 of them. If I didn't - I doubt I would have been able to get the hose back on (I currently have a pretty bad elbow injury making this install worse)

IMG_20230107_144147.jpg

Had to remove these little monsters. If I kept them inplace - there was no way I was ever going to be able to get the hose on.

Install is stupidly easy. Instead of forcing the cold side pipe onto the TB after installing the TB, loosely install the pipe onto the TB BEFORE you mount the TB. Makes the process so much easier. Took me about 15 minutes start to finish (including the airbox) once I figured out that trick.
I should have checked here first. This might have saved some cursing :crackup:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So do you feel it is worth the 790.00 cost for the better response and driving results.

BD
Sponsored