JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP / 2018 Mustang EB Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I messed up. I purchased the Ford intake on craigslist (https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/d/cincinnati-2015-mustang-eb-stock-intake/6898326619.html) and didn't pay attention to the installed air tube. Long story short, the box still has the GT/GT350 tube on it and the seller can't find/doesn't have the adapter. He had got the airbox when he bought his pro cal and never installed it as he already had the Roush CAI. I reached out to Ford and they don't sell the part separate from the kit. They directed me to Spectre Performance as that is who builds the kit for them, but they say the part is Ford proprietary so they can't/won't sell it to me.

Does anyone have one of these laying around that they aren't using? I have a 3d printer and could make my own but I need exact dimension and having a production sample in hand would make that much easier. I'd also be open to purchasing one outright if that is an option.

What I bought:
00p0p_3kqN2HDZjmr_1200x900.jpg

What I need:
M-9603-M23.jpg

Sorry for the big pictures. I'm linking from the original ad for the air box and the only image of the adapter tube I could find on google.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDuncan

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance someone could at least pop theirs out and take some basic measurements for me? Overall length would be the big one as I can get the round bits from the parts I have.

Deleted member

Any chance someone could at least pop theirs out and take some basic measurements for me? Overall length would be the big one as I can get the round bits from the parts I have.
I hate to tell you this brother, but that intakes going to perform worse than stock in every condition that's not a wide open throttle run in cold weather. Better off selling it and getting a hiflow drop in for the stock box. Kinda scary to think that Ford Performance turned to the guys that stock the no-no isle at Vatozone to build them a intake. Just my 2 cents.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I hate to tell you this brother, but that intakes going to perform worse than stock in every condition that's not a wide open throttle run in cold weather. Better off selling it and getting a hiflow drop in for the stock box. Kinda scary to think that Ford Performance turned to the guys that stock the no-no isle at Vatozone to build them a intake. Just my 2 cents.
I think you are off base on your assessment of the Ford Performance CAI. The CAI in the kit is the OE intake directly lifted from the GT350. It seals to the bottom of the hood so there is no concern with hot air getting sucked in

What i will agree on is that no intake change is going to make enough of a difference to be felt by the butt dyno. I have run stock, stock with a drop in, JLT with the huge intake tube and the FP CAI and can't feel any difference at any rpm in power.

I choose to run the FP because it is a very high quality part that looks like factory but that is to be expected since it is an OE part.

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
I have mine sitting around not in use. If I can find it and something to measure it with, I'll post up info.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDuncan

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have mine sitting around not in use. If I can find it and something to measure it with, I'll post up info.
That would be awesome. Or if yours won't be returning to use and you want to sell it, I'd be in the market. Either way, I appreciate the help.

OP
OP
JDuncan

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are off base on your assessment of the Ford Performance CAI. The CAI in the kit is the OE intake directly lifted from the GT350. It seals to the bottom of the hood so there is no concern with hot air getting sucked in

What i will agree on is that no intake change is going to make enough of a difference to be felt by the butt dyno. I have run stock, stock with a drop in, JLT with the huge intake tube and the FP CAI and can't feel any difference at any rpm in power.

I choose to run the FP because it is a very high quality part that looks like factory but that is to be expected since it is an OE part.
I'm not expecting any HP gains by using this. Just hoping for a little more turbo noise from the intake and the fact that it is an OEM airbox/Ford part means a little less hassle with service (still in warranty).
Sponsored