2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Never been a fan of the GT500 transmission and the price jack that comes with 'Shelby' for less performance but if GTD lite is less than $100k or up to $110k, I'm buying it. And Ford if you do green light this lite version, please don't call it a shelby, it'll instantly make me feel like I am overpaying and I'm being ripped off for branding.
760hp, a DCT trans that will out shift anything you can do manually and makes a lot of cars look bad on track stock for $80-$110k sticker price. Sounds like a real good deal to me no matter what badge is on it.

GTD lite would essentially be the same thing, you’re not getting the transaxle or the active suspension for a $100k price tag. It will likely get a DCT, I’d be shocked if it gets a manual trans. And yeah, there will likely be ADM on it just like the Shelby’s.

So, sounds like pretty much the same car with the same price tag. We all have our reasons for liking/not liking things, so not trying to argue. I’m just intrigued by the logic is all.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The dream has been resurrected !
Gotta keep the hope alive LOL. Looks like you might have to reach out to them directly via phone or email to preorder the flow formed version.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
760hp, a DCT trans that will out shift anything you can do manually and makes a lot of cars look bad on track stock for $80-$110k sticker price. Sounds like a real good deal to me no matter what badge is on it.

GTD lite would essentially be the same thing, you’re not getting the transaxle or the active suspension for a $100k price tag. It will likely get a DCT, I’d be shocked if it gets a manual trans. And yeah, there will likely be ADM on it just like the Shelby’s.

So, sounds like pretty much the same car with the same price tag. We all have our reasons for liking/not liking things, so not trying to argue. I’m just intrigued by the logic is all.
I'll wait and see if and when they green light it. If it's really as you described with all performance benefits stripped out of it, Ford is basically reselling a GT500 in a GTD body. I imagine the lite version will weigh more obviously, what makes it light are the exotic lightweight parts and the lite version doesn't need that which makes sense. if all the performance aspects have been stripped off as well then yeah, staying away from it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta keep the hope alive LOL. Looks like you might have to reach out to them directly via phone or email to preorder the flow formed version.
Will do !

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll wait and see if and when they green light it. If it's really as you described with all performance benefits stripped out of it, Ford is basically reselling a GT500 in a GTD body. I imagine the lite version will weigh more obviously, what makes it light are the exotic lightweight parts and the lite version doesn't need that which makes sense. if all the performance aspects have been stripped off as well then yeah, staying away from it.
I could be pleasantly surprised but if they do try to keep the price tag around $100k I just don’t see how they can keep the active suspension and the transaxle. Maybe some of the CF panels stay and/or some of the aero. But that’s a lot of cost to shed to get to that $100k price tag which is what makes me skeptical that any of the good stuff stays on.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I could be pleasantly surprised but if they do try to keep the price tag around $100k I just don’t see how they can keep the active suspension and the transaxle. Maybe some of the CF panels stay and/or some of the aero. But that’s a lot of cost to shed to get to that $100k price tag which is what makes me skeptical that any of the good stuff stays on.
Absolutely. It will be a dork horse with Predator engine and trans. Unreal engine graphics comes standard.

Dork horse with handling package is aready 70+k. Add a supercharged engine with 5 year warranty and few carbonfiber bits, and it's easily 30k right there.

Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Before the haters get going here are the facts. I have a 2019 GT350 and multiple concours 1965 GT350’s, and a 2024 Corvette Z06 and a Corvette IMSA/TransAm race car.

I haven’t seen weight and hp specs on the GTD. Can’t see it as a viable product against a 2025 Corvette ZR1 at similar weight ) given how excessively heavy the GT500’s have been, and the $300k++ pricing against the ZR1 at probably a $160 base and similar hp, say around 800-850.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sounds cool but the thought of another 4000+ lb., stealership ADM magnet, "track capable car" sounds uncool.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sounds cool but the thought of another 4000+ lb., stealership ADM magnet, "track capable car" sounds uncool.
I agree - if it's still limited production it probably will end up overpriced. And it has to be de-contented or Ford won't be able to sell enough anyway just due to the crazy high price. If it's $140K or something, they aren't going to sell a lot.

Ford should leave the blower and DCT off to keep the weight and cost down. 7 Gen Mustangs are already 4K lbs and $80K even without that stuff. All the carbon fiber should go away to keep costs down as well.

Even get rid of the unique GTD styling to use as much existing tooling as possible.

I realize it will still be porky due to the platform - there's no getting away from that.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree - if it's still limited production it probably will end up overpriced. And it has to be de-contented or Ford won't be able to sell enough anyway just due to the crazy high price. If it's $140K or something, they aren't going to sell a lot.

Ford should leave the blower and DCT off to keep the weight and cost down. 7 Gen Mustangs are already 4K lbs and $80K even without that stuff. All the carbon fiber should go away to keep costs down as well.

Even get rid of the unique GTD styling to use as much existing tooling as possible.

I realize it will still be porky due to the platform - there's no getting away from that.
You just described the Dork Horse LOL
Sponsored