Sponsored

FORD MUSTANG GTD LITE?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You just described the Dork Horse LOL
If the DH had a manual transaxle and LSA front and rear suspension I might own one. I didn't mention those things - and I probably should have.

I'm definitely not interested in a DH without any GTD bits. Suspension and weight balance are the key things in my opinion.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If the DH had a manual transaxle and LSA front and rear suspension I might own one. I didn't mention those things - and I probably should have.

I'm definitely not interested in a DH without any GTD bits. Suspension and weight balance are the key things in my opinion.
Ah, yes those would definitely set it apart from the DH. Iā€™m just really curious if they can still do the transaxle and the suspension and keep the cost around $100k. Would be easier without all the CF, aero and blower. Just have no idea how much scale they need on those things to make them cost efficient (or at least cost efficient enough).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If itā€™s just going to have the 5.2L supercharged V8 and nothing else from the car except maybe some of the aero, itā€™s essentially the S650 version of the GT500.
Exactly how I see it. It'll be interesting to see if they deviate from that. And I don't see it at 100k. Maybe 120k.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exactly how I see it. It'll be interesting to see if they deviate from that. And I don't see it at 100k. Maybe 120k.
The end of the presentation for the 60th showed a car under a green cover with what appeared to be a fairly good size wing propping up the rear of the cover. They said whatever is under the cover will be a MY2025 car, so maybe itā€™s this rumored GTD Lite?

I just have to believe if they are selling this car for $100k+, theyā€™re going to think they need to have a blower on there pushing 800hp to get people to buy it (more $$ must equal more hp in a lot of peopleā€™s minds, the trans and suspension arenā€™t enough for most). And instead of Shelby theyā€™ll use some name that ties to the GTD. Moving on from the past as some folks have mentioned in other threads.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

I think I wrote it somewhere previously - a naturally aspirated coyote with transmission in the back, no rear seats, max weight loss, no stupid tech (just dump all the screens), some nice suspension and brakes - that would be awesome.

Not holding my breath though, much easier to stuff the predator in and call is a day. And more people will buy that.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think I wrote it somewhere previously - a naturally aspirated coyote with transmission in the back, no rear seats, max weight loss, no stupid tech (just dump all the screens), some nice suspension and brakes - that would be awesome.

Not holding my breath though, much easier to stuff the predator in and call is a day. And more people will buy that.
Agree wholeheartedly as long as the max weight loss is done by de-contenting rather than expensive carbon bits.

I don't know about quantity of buyers. I think Ford's biggest potential group of buyers are people who already own a Mustang or something similar. If Ford wants to sell cars, hopefully they will consider building something that is different enough to sell current owners as a better option rather than just modifying what they already own. With new cars being so expensive, I just don't have any desire to buy one unless there are pretty significant improvements for the money.

Anyone can add a turbo or a blower to a Coyote, but very few are going to do LSA suspension and a transaxle.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
What worries me is that statement about "expanding the production line due to high demand"...for a 300k car. This will just embolden Ford to keep those prices high an tack on ADM.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Considering a Dork Horse is like $75K with options, the only way you're getting a GTD-Lite for under $100K is if it just ends up being a Dork Horse underneath with even more track focused suspension and aero and at most the leftover DCT from the GT500.

No way you're getting a supercharged engine, transaxle, or any of the multimatic designed suspension or carbon fiber.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Sounds cool but the thought of another 4000+ lb., stealership ADM magnet, "track capable car" sounds uncool.
True words here.

It just doesnā€™t sound more appealing than my base 2023 600A Tremec Mach 1 to me. One of the main reasons I snapped on it was that except for the nav screen itā€™s a zero option car. I love the simplicity and relative lightness of the car. And I think I paid around 56K or so last July, which seemed like a decent deal on that particular day. Iā€™m gonna let somebody else take my spot in the line to pay 100 grand + ADM for the ā€œliteā€ whatever it is that isnā€™t any prettier, faster or more fun on the street than this Mach is, to me anyway.

IMG_3529.jpeg

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
True words here.

It just doesnā€™t sound more appealing than my base 2023 600A Tremec Mach 1 to me. One of the main reasons I snapped on it was that except for the nav screen itā€™s a zero option car. I love the simplicity and relative lightness of the car. And I think I paid around 56K or so last July, which seemed like a decent deal on that particular day. Iā€™m gonna let somebody else take my spot in the line to pay 100 grand + ADM for the ā€œliteā€ whatever it is that isnā€™t any prettier, faster or more fun on the street than this Mach is, to me anyway.

IMG_3529.jpeg
Assuming that Dearborn goes forward with a 2025/2026 GTD "Lite" model, (suggest a good chance that may happen) I believe it will come with an additional ~335 HP along with other additional performance enhancements over a Mach I, therefore the GTD Lite model better be in a different league with respect to overall steering, braking, handling and performance numbers.

Having said that, for an additional ~$50,000 over what you paid for your Mach I the GTD Lite better be a much superior performing Mustang otherwise Dearborn will have a serious problem on their hands.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming that Dearborn goes forward with a 2025/2026 GTD "Lite" model, (suggest a good chance that may happen) I believe it will come with an additional ~335 HP along with other additional performance enhancements over a Mach I, therefore the GTD Lite model better be in a different league with respect to overall steering, braking, handling and performance numbers.

Having said that, for an additional ~$50,000 over what you paid for your Mach I the GTD Lite better be a much superior performing Mustang otherwise Dearborn will have a serious problem on their hands.
Wait.

I know youā€™re a bit of an insider so am I reading you right, ie, youā€™re thinking the so-called ā€œLiteā€ model could have as much as 335 additional hp over the Mach? Iā€™d say thatā€™d be worth another 50 large in a flash if it materializes. For the sake of my marriage Iā€™d selfishly almost hope not, but that kinda gets into a personal problem. On the other hand one could make the case that the 2022 GT500 was headed there, minus the cursed ADM of course.

I suppose this could also be testing the waters for what the next high trim halo model might be.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

A Lite version with a supercharger makes the most sense to me. Theyā€™ll ditch the transaxle and the suspension and all the CF found on the GTD and likely reuse the DCT from the S550 GT500. Really seems like it will be the S650 version of the GT500, just a new nameplate. Most people see a six figure price tag and expect big HP to come with it, especially with American sports cars. GTD is said to have 800+ hp, if the Lite version comes with that setup but none or little of the other stuff, that will likely please the masses.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Lite version with a supercharger makes the most sense to me. Theyā€™ll ditch the transaxle and the suspension and all the CF found on the GTD and likely reuse the DCT from the S550 GT500. Really seems like it will be the S650 version of the GT500, just a new nameplate. Most people see a six figure price tag and expect big HP to come with it, especially with American sports cars. GTD is said to have 800+ hp, if the Lite version comes with that setup but none or little of the other stuff, that will likely please the masses.
On reflection I think this makes the most sense of all.

I have no idea but Iā€™d also speculate that it would be absent the Shelby moniker.
Sponsored