Ford configurator

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Reckon they took it down ready for the 7th gen launch following the leak. Should be back up in 2020 :D
Sponsored

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Looks like I'll be getting a MY17 then when I finally get round to ordering. Just got to decide if the new blue is a good replacement for guard.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I'll be getting a MY17 then when I finally get round to ordering. Just got to decide if the new blue is a good replacement for guard.
Way freaking nicer. ;) (personal opinion)

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Way freaking nicer. ;) (personal opinion)
The wife and I loved guard I'll have you know. ;)

Just waiting for the Ford site to be updates so we have an idea what the new colours look like.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19928]Timewarp[/MENTION] personal opinion, the EB I test drove (left on my profile picture) was guard green, wasn't a fan personally. Looked nice with the creme interior though. That being said, it's down to peoples opinion aint it! :) Think [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] maybe able to provide some screen grabs from MFUK with the actual colours on them.

Sponsored

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
That's fine Manders.

Judging by Ford's decision to revoke it, and the fact that no-one else on here had one, I guess we were the only fans.

It was after seeing the local Ford dealer's US one at their "VIP Event" that hooked us.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
That's fine Manders.

Judging by Ford's decision to revoke it, and the fact that no-one else on here had one, I guess we were the only fans.

It was after seeing the local Ford dealer's US one at their "VIP Event" that hooked us.
It was a Guard car with saddle interior that was in Edinburgh and it was lovely. Would have been near the top of my list. I wouldn't take Ford discontinuing it as being an indication of popularity. They've discontinued CO and its phenomenally popular.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That's fine Manders.

The new lightning blue is flipping lovely.

If I was to order again, it would have been a close battle between this and the colour I'm getting, Magnetic.

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
The new lightning blue is flipping lovely.

If I was to order again, it would have been a close battle between this and the colour I'm getting, Magnetic.
Guess it'll save us some money if it's a free colour.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
[MENTION=19928]Timewarp[/MENTION] personal opinion, the EB I test drove (left on my profile picture) was guard green, wasn't a fan personally. Looked nice with the creme interior though. That being said, it's down to peoples opinion aint it! :) Think [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] maybe able to provide some screen grabs from MFUK with the actual colours on them.

You rang, [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] ? :D

Here are the images captured from the Euro Configurator. I think they've captured Grabber Blue nicely, and the white is.....well......white! Lightning Blue, however, I think will be lighter than it looks here...

Lightning Blue

Grabber Blue

Platinum White metallic

This '17 Fusion is Lightning Blue, according to those in the know. It looks lighter and less "teal" than the configurator piccies.

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
all about Grabber Blue imo. If CO order wasn't allowed through, I would be changing to that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] forever the hero without a mask and cape :)

Guard was the lowest requested colour (about 4% of all mustangs), probably rare than CO and DIB will ever be, take that one as you will ;). It's all personal preference, if you want guard, just get your car wrapped that colour, shouldn't be too hard :)! (Might be about a grand or two more though :O)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] forever the hero without a mask and cape :)
:eek:

As for Guard. I've only seen one up close n personal, and that was Jack Roush's personal Stage 3 during my trip to Michigan last August. Personally, I think it's gorgeous, but I think it needs good lighting conditions to looks its best, otherwise it just looks like a very dark grey :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! I'd seen it in the gorgeous florida sun, but obviously when it's parked between a TY and a DIB, with a RR, CO, White etc on the same line, really doesn't kick as much (In my youthful eyes that is ;) ). With the right TLC the Guard can look mean as anything though, if i had the money/time/want to invest in doing that, probably woulda (as well as my lil Manders Mustang Project). ;)

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I ordered Guard. It wasnt an easy choice as the colours on a screen or brochure are so often a poor representation of real life. I was fortunate the the first car my dealer got in was Guard, and it looked great. I have no regrets about ordering it. I have also ordered saddle brown leather, but never seen that in real life. As my car should have finally left US soil today, and been loaded onto the boat it will hopefully not be much more than a month before I find out.
Sponsored