Sponsored

For those that want alcantara Shift/Ebrake boots & Console covers.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Ok, looking at redline stuff for the shift boot I have the MGW short shifter and redline wants to know if itā€™s stock length? Shorter or longer and by how much? I have no clue and donā€™t see any specs on MGW site to tell me.
Does anyone have the facts?

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
Here is a picture with the Alcantara shift knob. The shop who did the job said they could do the head liner as well for a reasonable price. I know it's personal but I like Alcantara/ Suede interiors.
the shop did your kick panels also

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Did Shiftek ever revise the length of the ebrake boot in their kit?

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Judging by my recent install, I would say no. It will be coming off since it puts a little tension on the e-brake and I don't like that it is close to the point of engagement.
Hmm. I emailed Shifteck, and they told me the short ones were just a few of one batch. I guess I'll see how close it is before I install.

Scott058

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 HP
I would stay away from Shiftek. They claim they fit great. Fact is they do not. I donā€™t care whose grandma made them. Customer service I found to be total crap. All youā€™ll be is frustrated.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Did Shiftek ever revise the length of the ebrake boot in their kit?
Judging by my recent install, I would say no. It will be coming off since it puts a little tension on the e-brake and I don't like that it is close to the point of engagement.
I would stay away from Shiftek. They claim they fit great. Fact is they do not. I donā€™t care whose grandma made them. Customer service I found to be total crap. All youā€™ll be is frustrated.
I humbly and respectfully disagree with you guys. Take a look at my install on page 5. Yes, I agree, it is small and cumbersome to work with, but if you get it right, it eliminates a bunch of the added, bunched up material of the stock boot that you're used to. I had no problems getting it on secure, and now it's been on for almost a year with zero issues and still looks like day one. Their customer service was awesome also. I jacked up the first one and they sent me another one zero questions asked. I think my install speaks for itself.

...but...you know what they say about opinions.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I humbly and respectfully disagree with you guys. Take a look at my install on page 5. Yes, I agree, it is small and cumbersome to work with, but if you get it right, it eliminates a bunch of the added, bunched up material of the stock boot that you're used to. I had no problems getting it on secure, and now it's been on for almost a year with zero issues and still looks like day one. Their customer service was awesome also. I jacked up the first one and they sent me another one zero questions asked. I think my install speaks for itself.

...but...you know what they say about opinions.
It looks great, I can't deny that. Even after I revised my install to allow for more slack, it still does not have the length I feel it needs. Is there a little play in your e-brake when it is disengaged like there was with the stock leather boot?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There is zero slack in the boot when the brake handle is down. BUT...it does not pull the handle back up. The brake is fully disengaged and the boot is not pulling it back up. It's a tough, small, tight fit, I will admit. There's no room for error with the size of the boot, but if you get it right...well...look at my pics! I like it better this way as you have no bunching of material like you do with the stock boot. Complain if you like, but I prefer how clean this looks. I also think swapping out the cheap looking parking brake, shifter, and console covers performed wonders for the entire interior. I have this kit and the x-pipe/resonator delete from shifteck; no idea why guys bag on them. My experience was top shelf.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I just received my pieces from Redline Accessories and have to say that the quality of leagues above the Shiftek pieces. It's not even close. I'll update this when I get them installed.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my pieces from Redline Accessories and have to say that the quality of leagues above the Shiftek pieces. It's not even close. I'll update this when I get them installed.
Any update? Iā€™m considering picking up the shift boot, e-brake boot and possibly the console lid to accompany an upcoming GT350 steering wheel purchase. Also wondering which color alcantara you went with and how well it matches the GT350 steering wheel
Sponsored