Sponsored

For those that want alcantara Shift/Ebrake boots & Console covers.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
If you prefer to not go with a custom shop, or redo things yourself,

I found that JPM is doing boots on factory bezels & lids..

http://store.jpmcoachworks.com/collections/2015-ford-mustang

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

you can just order the new boots on factory trim rings/lids so you don't have to risk getting glue on the alcantara ( it doesnt come off, period)

Matches the gt350R steering wheels perfectly.
Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Anyone know how hard it is to install the fabric?

OP
OP

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know how hard it is to install the fabric?
If you look on their website, they have pdf instructions.

It isn't particularly difficult.

Just make sure that you get high quality adhesive ( they offer 4 recommendations) and Take your time.

The trick to working with interior fabric is that you should always take a few deep breaths and let the adhesive get tacky before you mate it and be VERY careful not to get glue on the suede side of alcantara. the fabric becomes garbage because it is impossible to get the glue off of it.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If you look on their website, they have pdf instructions.

It isn't particularly difficult.

Just make sure that you get high quality adhesive ( they offer 4 recommendations) and Take your time.

The trick to working with interior fabric is that you should always take a few deep breaths and let the adhesive get tacky before you mate it and be VERY careful not to get glue on the suede side of alcantara. the fabric becomes garbage because it is impossible to get the glue off of it.
For the additional ~$110, I may just buy the lid wrapped. I tend to get frustrated doing projects like this. Thanks for the feedback, though.

OP
OP

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
For the additional ~$110, I may just buy the lid wrapped. I tend to get frustrated doing projects like this. Thanks for the feedback, though.
I ended up ordering both the redline and the JPM bits. I held off on the console cover for the time being.

I'll take pictures of both so everyone can see a comparison.

My local ford dealer offered up replacement trim ring pieces for the redline bits, as they sold 2 Rs and both customers have inquired about alcantara boots. So i'll be doing the install on them to see how well they fit.

This way I will also be able to save all of the stock bits. Perhaps I'll make a few bucks selling the finished reline version to one of the R owners.

I am, however, going to either buy red stitch door panels or have the panels restitched with red, and have the seats converted to red stitching by my upholstery guy. The backseat re-stitch is actually cheaper than just buying the R rear seat kit because my interior guy has done a fair amount of work for me and i guess i get a "volume discount."

I'm a stickler for having the entire interior match. I fully plan on keeping the car for a long time, so i'm not worried.

And before anyone says " the camaro guys just use sharpies", do that for $5, there is no way in hell that i'm taking a fabric pen or sharpie marker to a freaking GT350. :lol:

Sponsored

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Ordered the boots and console cover the other day. I never thought the leather really went with the car especially since I have the track pack.

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
A few people mentioned the install looked daunting. I ended up adding an install service to the site for those that want the items installed but don't want to spend the extra on new parts since some of those are quite pricey.

-Joe

OP
OP

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
A few people mentioned the install looked daunting. I ended up adding an install service to the site for those that want the items installed but don't want to spend the extra on new parts since some of those are quite pricey.

-Joe
I installed mine today. I ordered the pre-installed versions on new parts.

They went in great. fit and finish is awesome.

As soon as I get my steering wheel in and my seatcovers come back from being restitched in red, I'll take pictures.

HIGHLY recommend JPM.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I've been eyeing up the JPM stuff to match my GT350 wheel.
[MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION]

How long does it take to turn around the items if I send my center console cover to you for re-covering in alcantara?

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
I've been eyeing up the JPM stuff to match my GT350 wheel.
[MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION]

How long does it take to turn around the items if I send my center console cover to you for re-covering in alcantara?
I try not to have it for more than 2-3 days. Usually, it's checked in on the first day, installed on the second and shipped out on the third unless it's a morning install then it would ship out that day.

-Joe

Sponsored

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
I installed mine today. I ordered the pre-installed versions on new parts.

They went in great. fit and finish is awesome.

As soon as I get my steering wheel in and my seatcovers come back from being restitched in red, I'll take pictures.

HIGHLY recommend JPM.
Excellent, can't wait to see pics. Let me know if you had any issues with the install instructions. I want to make sure they're easy to follow.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the shift boot, EBrake boot and armrest lid all pre installed on factory pieces. They have arrived at my home but I've been on vacation. I get home tomorrow evening and will be posting pictures of what I ordered.

Joe is a great guy and he makes this process easy. I love having a really good option right here in the US. I will be able to compare quality between these and the redline goods because I have had them for a couple months but never wanted to attempt the install.

Jaime

OP
OP

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Excellent, can't wait to see pics. Let me know if you had any issues with the install instructions. I want to make sure they're easy to follow.
Instructions are spot on..

I did notice that my car is missing the 2 7mm bolts in the footwell part of the trim on the driver's side though. Someone at the factory just "whoops-ed". They were on the passenger side.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
ordered for 350R thanks.
Sponsored