Sponsored

For those that want alcantara Shift/Ebrake boots & Console covers.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
What is faux alcantara? I thought alcantara with faux suede...they have an option for this and it's much cheaper..
With alcantara you are paying a lot for the brand. Micro-suede is another variation of it (technically alcantara is the opposite) that is usually cheaper and there are others that are similar and you get get them cheaper.
Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Awesome. In for pics.
Here is a picture with the Alcantara shift knob. The shop who did the job said they could do the head liner as well for a reasonable price. I know it's personal but I like Alcantara/ Suede interiors.
Alcantara GT350 with shift knob 2.jpg

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Looks great! I would like to do my headliner as well, if could please PM me the price they quoted you so I have a idea of what to expect.
Thanks

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If it wears like the Alcantara on my Surface tablet then you wont like it after it's nasty in 2 years from palm sweat. Does look awesome though.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Looks great! I love Alcantara interiors too! My Z06 had an Alcantara steering wheel, shifter knob and boot, e-brake handle and boot, door armrests, and a center console lid. I had all of that in for over 3 years and it still looked great.

Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Looks great! I would like to do my headliner as well, if could please PM me the price they quoted you so I have a idea of what to expect.
Thanks
I think I can share this price quote info for the entire forum, right ? He quoted 800 US$ for the entire roof head liner, including the 2 sun visors. Reasonable to me.

And to respond to the "premature wearing of alcantara issue", I personally don't have sweaty hands but even if you have, alcantare, just like leather needs cleaning from time to time. To me it holds as well as leather but that's just my opinion.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And to respond to the "premature wearing of alcantara issue", I personally don't have sweaty hands but even if you have, alcantare, just like leather needs cleaning from time to time. To me it holds as well as leather but that's just my opinion.
Ya beat me to it.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

Sponsored

Scott058

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 HP
Did you do the console as well and if so did it come with a pad?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes, I did do the console lid myself. No it did not come with a pad and I regret that. I watched the CJPP install video where they show the pad on theirs (but they don’t have their kit anymore) and I decided not do it thinking it would take up too much room and not leave me enough material to wrap over. I was wrong. You can’t tell anything by looking at it. It still looks great. But I think over time from wear, the edge of the frame and center padding may start to wear a line that will show through. Now don’t get me wrong, this is an extremely minor error, extremely minor. But if I had to do over again, I’d go get a thin pad material from an upholstery shop and include that. It would need to be thin though. Oh well.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350