Sponsored

Outlaw flowmaster question

stanand23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT 50th Anniversary
I was looking at getting a new exhaust for the 2015 Gt and was going to go with a Flowmaster outlaw series but I was wondering if the drone on the x pipe plus the axel back was bad inside the car. I don't want an exhuast that is completely loud inside the car. I thought about just going with the axel back. what do you guys think?
Sponsored

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I thought about that kit, still a consideration. Dont know about drone though.

15gtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP Flowmaster Outlaws
I have it on my 15gt 5.0. Sound is awesome but it does have the flowmaster drone...I just did the axel back and left the resonators.

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
I was looking at getting a new exhaust for the 2015 Gt and was going to go with a Flowmaster outlaw series but I was wondering if the drone on the x pipe plus the axel back was bad inside the car. I don't want an exhuast that is completely loud inside the car. I thought about just going with the axel back. what do you guys think?
Hey stan,

The Flowmaster Outlaw is a great exhaust if you are looking for a loud, deep tone but do not mind a slight drone. In just axle-back form you definitely know these are on the car but it's definitely not something that would make your ears bleed.

If you can tolerate a slight drone, and love to stand out, I would highly recommend them.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

-Will

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
For me after 400 miles with the stock resonator the drone is all but gone.

Leave the stock resonator

Sponsored

OP
OP

stanand23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was leaning towards leaving the resonator on and see how I like it and if it's not what I like then putting the x pipe in later I just don't know how loud the drone would be inside the car. I know every body has a different opinion on what loud is but I want to be able to hear my music when I'm driving and the exhaust not over powering the music. Any ideas or experience with that situation?

Thanks for all the replies though guys they are making this a little easier to decide.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I was leaning towards leaving the resonator on and see how I like it and if it's not what I like then putting the x pipe in later I just don't know how loud the drone would be inside the car. I know every body has a different opinion on what loud is but I want to be able to hear my music when I'm driving and the exhaust not over powering the music. Any ideas or experience with that situation?

Thanks for all the replies though guys they are making this a little easier to decide.
Like I said any "drone" I noticed went away after a few hundred miles.

for me it doesn't interfere with music. Btw I found pandora through Bluetooth to sound the best so far on MFT I have the 400a system

OP
OP

stanand23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody know what it sounds like with an x pipe and outlaws as far as being able to hear music without hearing the exhaust to much? Thanks Brent that helps and I have the GT 50th anniversary edition so it has the shaker system too.
Sponsored