Sponsored

flowmaster outlaw axleback

15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red GT 6 speed
Just installed my axleback and it sounds amazing!! Really throaty! Only thing is the drone is about unbearable between 1500 and 1800 RPM. And ideas on how to lessen the drone:headbonk:?
Sponsored

Stewdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Auto Premium 20" 3.15
Just installed my axleback and it sounds amazing!! Really throaty! Only thing is the drone is about unbearable between 1500 and 1800 RPM. And ideas on how to lessen the drone:headbonk:?
Install two 12" resonators, that will change your drone to a higher rpm.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I have them on mine and i can barely hear the drone. stock resonator.

OP
OP

15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red GT 6 speed
I have them on mine and i can barely hear the drone. stock resonator.
I have stock resonator Too. What is your rear end gear ratio? When I'm on the highway cruise set at 70 and climbing a hill it rattles the whole interio. it about sounds like going down the highway and rolling one window down.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I have stock resonator Too. What is your rear end gear ratio? When I'm on the highway cruise set at 70 and climbing a hill it rattles the whole interio. it about sounds like going down the highway and rolling one window down.
Just the basic GT gears, non pp.
make sure when you shift from 5th to 6th, not to engage the gas any more on throttle, that is what makes the drone. If you just shift into 6th, and steady the gas it should be better

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I just put on Outlaws.Auto,.355 gears.It sounds louder inside than out.I like it though,especially in sport mode when the rev matching is going on. I think some insulation in the trunk,under the cover would lessen the drone a lot.It looks like a big sound chamber in there without a tire or any insulation at all.
Sponsored