Sponsored

Florida

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Walked around a bit between gusts my property and just out to the street, trees and branches down, one fence. No power now for 24 hours.
I can sit on patio and away from wind, have heard some trees snap, 10 inch branches.
I am in Miami so just gusts, however heard from Key Largo there was a 9 ft wave that came over the overseas highway and some homes swept away.
For our friends in Naples and north be careful and safe, 12 hours of rough stuff and then the painful clean up, hopefully no injuries..
Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
We're in Tampa and hunkering down! Going to brace the garage door and ride it out. We didn't get our windows boarded but we have hurricane-grade windows so hoping for the best. Generator is ready, as well as a portable AC unit. We are in flood zone 4, so we will be OK with water, just have to worry about winds taking out windows and/or the roof.

Funny thing is, in order to put the GT350 in the garage I got rid of all the old gas cans that I had to get gas for my generator.. and after the storm started approaching, you couldn't find cans. So I have about 10 gallons of gas to run my generator and that's it.

I was thinking I could syphon gas from my Raptor (36 gallon tank) but quickly found out that the late model cars have syphon-proof tanks (didn't know this until a day ago).

Hope everyone else stays safe and hoping for the best of luck!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We're in Tampa and hunkering down! Going to brace the garage door and ride it out. We didn't get our windows boarded but we have hurricane-grade windows so hoping for the best. Generator is ready, as well as a portable AC unit. We are in flood zone 4, so we will be OK with water, just have to worry about winds taking out windows and/or the roof.

Funny thing is, in order to put the GT350 in the garage I got rid of all the old gas cans that I had to get gas for my generator.. and after the storm started approaching, you couldn't find cans. So I have about 10 gallons of gas to run my generator and that's it.

I was thinking I could syphon gas from my Raptor (36 gallon tank) but quickly found out that the late model cars have syphon-proof tanks (didn't know this until a day ago).

I don't know if its too late, but we have room over here. Plenty of gas with a generator.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Damn this thing is wicked, holding it down in Palmetto Bay.
Just a little north of u on the boundary, not sure patio frame will survive wobbling a bit too much, white caps in the pool, dogs trying not to pee upwind.
She jogged a little east and the middle of the eye is almost even with Homestead, we still have a big thick part of the storm to go thru, I wouldn't say a band, we are in her and won't slide out for a while. Just had a neighbors tree at least 30 inches thick break 3 feet from the ground, the sound was incredible.
The west coast is gonna get creamed too many wooden beach homes and trailers. What we are getting is mild compared to Cuba, Keys and the west Coast of Fl. Heard overseas highway got a 9 footer go over it and homes were washed away.
No power for 27 hours and with more areas loosing power we may be withoutfor a long time, Andrew 5 weeks, Katrina and Wilma 4 weeks, the cold showers really get old.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT

Disconnect line at rail and pull the relay and put a jumper in

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
good luck tampa it is coming in now, luckily weaker than expected I am in Vero beach 6 miles inland riding it out big winds coming in tonight. My house on Hutchinson island is hanging in there dock under water Water level at sea wall and rising

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Stay safe everyone!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
cat 2 now around the Ft Meyers area, will weaken to a 1 around the tampa area, good news! (in comparison)

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Indeed great news, did an attempted drive thru neighborhood unable to get out, all roads blocked, even with AWD vehicle.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Good luck fellas

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Storm essentially done, all roads in and out of my area are completely blocked. Spoke to my mayor and PD, they said it's really bad, they can't even get to my neighborhood to assess even possible routes, AT and T down.

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Mine is in a ground floor garage in Ft Myers... And I'm in Germany... So its wait, hope and see....
Hey, we had to leave ours in Fort Myers too. Right now our storm surge on the map is 3-6 feet, but naples appears to be doing better than they had originally estimated. Check your PM and when I get back to town, I can try to check it out if I'm not completely underwater.

Scott

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Irmageddon
Sponsored