Flat Rock down again

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Mischievous Purple Metallic
For those that didn't already know, Flat Rock was only supposed to be down down yesterday and this past Thursday...apparently now they're gonna be shut down all of next week as well. UGH.
Sponsored

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My order was pushed back yet again.
2022 Eruption Green base 6-speed, originally ordered on 1/20. Originally scheduled for production on 5/3, pushed to 5/9 and now pushed to 5/23.

OP
OP

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

My order was pushed back yet again.
2022 Eruption Green base 6-speed, originally ordered on 1/20. Originally scheduled for production on 5/3, pushed to 5/9 and now pushed to 5/23.
Mine was finally produced this week, but who knows how long it's gonna sit there before it gets shipped...

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
Before the shutdown, my status was changed to in production on 4/25, however, my build date was 5/4 and likely wouldn’t be built til then according to Ford performance chat.

Unfortunately I do not get email updates for build date changes, so I was just wondering if there’s anyone else in my situation? If so, what’s your new build date?

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
My build date was supposed to be May 2nd (according to dealer). I’ve only ever gotten one email from Ford and that was telling me the build week of the first week of May ( I never got an order confirmation email). In checking my status it still shows “In Production“ but it’s been showing that since April 25th.

OP
OP

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
My build date was supposed to be May 2nd (according to dealer). I’ve only ever gotten one email from Ford and that was telling me the build week of the first week of May ( I never got an order confirmation email). In checking my status it still shows “In Production“ but it’s been showing that since April 25th.
I've noticed that the Ford order tracking site usually lags behind a couple of days, as I have access to DORA which updates pretty much in real time. Good luck on your build!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed that the Ford order tracking site usually lags behind a couple of days, as I have access to DORA which updates pretty much in real time. Good luck on your build!
Thanks! I’m guessing it’ll get pushed back at least into the second week of May.

OP
OP

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I’m guessing it’ll get pushed back at least into the second week of May.
That would be my guess. I'm currently tracking 237 Mustangs that we have on order at our dealerships to see the overall picture.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be my guess. I'm currently tracking 237 Mustangs that we have on order at our dealerships to see the overall picture.
I thought it strange it showed In Production on Aptil 25th when the dealership was showing the build day as May 2nd. But maybe it is normal to show that status a week ahead of time?

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Dang, again?!? I feel for ya fellas

1651338678692.gif

OP
OP

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I thought it strange it showed In Production on Aptil 25th when the dealership was showing the build day as May 2nd. But maybe it is normal to show that status a week ahead of time?
DORA shows both a scheduled date and a status date. I deal with this stuff every day and I'm still confused sometimes!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@King Of Shine I guess it is In Production in the body shop. I guess the paint will be really dry by the time the build resumes!

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Update today from Ford Performance chat, build was scheduled for 5/2 with no updates in a few months

Eric
at 13:35, May 9:
I show that it was scheduled to start on the 6th, and it is showing that it is in production.

Mike
at 13:36, May 9:

Thanks, so what does that mean exactly? It's being built at some point this week?

Eric
at 13:37, May 9:
It has been started, and usually takes a a few weeks to be completed

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Update today from Ford Performance chat, build was scheduled for 5/2 with no updates in a few months

Eric
at 13:35, May 9:
I show that it was scheduled to start on the 6th, and it is showing that it is in production.

Mike
at 13:36, May 9:

Thanks, so what does that mean exactly? It's being built at some point this week?

Eric
at 13:37, May 9:
It has been started, and usually takes a a few weeks to be completed
My understanding, perhaps faulty, was that a VINor date wasn't assigned until everything needed for a given build was allocated. I can't understand why it would take weeks for actual production.
Sponsored