"Skye" Mach1 N2144

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
I hope this is the reason my build week got pushed back to the 9th. If thatā€™s yet another week added on Iā€™m going to start looking at other optionsā€¦

thedervidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2001 GT (totaled 5/4/22), 22 GT
The semiconductor industry is huge. While Intel is a supplier of a lot of chips that make their way into computing devices, I'm not sure they're a huge supplier to the automotive industry. I really don't know who is. I'm sure a lot of this is nuanced, for sure.

That being said, I'll happily wait for my new car. I'm not in a gigantic rush as it seems quite a few folks are. Honestly, I'm not sure the days of going to a dealer and walking out with a car on the same day are ever going to be back the way it was. I think, maybe, dealers may be finding a way to make money without having to have a ton of money tied up in inventory. We'll see.

Sponsored

thedervidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Can we instead put a pause on putting chips in stupid shit like dishwashers and laundry machines so we can have our cars?
That's a great idea. I never understood why kitchen appliances need to be on the Internet. Seems pretty dumb, to be honest. It would suck to not be able to wash your dishes because some guy in Russia made your dishwasher part of a botnet.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
The semiconductor industry is huge. While Intel is a supplier of a lot of chips that make their way into computing devices, I'm not sure they're a huge supplier to the automotive industry. I really don't know who is. I'm sure a lot of this is nuanced, for sure.

That being said, I'll happily wait for my new car. I'm not in a gigantic rush as it seems quite a few folks are. Honestly, I'm not sure the days of going to a dealer and walking out with a car on the same day are ever going to be back the way it was. I think, maybe, dealers may be finding a way to make money without having to have a ton of money tied up in inventory. We'll see.
The main reason Iā€™m ā€œin a hurryā€ is because I donā€™t have a car right now at all. I sold my previous car too early, which is my fault, but stillā€¦ My salesman told me itā€™d take 8-12 weeks for delivery and instead I didnā€™t even get a build date/VIN until week 12. I knew thereā€™d be opportunities for delays but I put too much stock in my salesmanā€™s estimate.

I have a bike, but thereā€™s a severe lack of biking infrastructure where I live and I refuse to ride on the road with 2-3ton behemoths zipping around me. Hopefully around and not into me, of course, lol.

Anyway, wouldnā€™t be a big deal to me waiting 5+ months if I had an easier way to get to Taco Bell:)

thedervidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The main reason Iā€™m ā€œin a hurryā€ is because I donā€™t have a car right now at all. I sold my previous car too early, which is my fault, but stillā€¦ My salesman told me itā€™d take 8-12 weeks for delivery and instead I didnā€™t even get a build date/VIN until week 12. I knew thereā€™d be opportunities for delays but I put too much stock in my salesmanā€™s estimate.

I have a bike, but thereā€™s a severe lack of biking infrastructure where I live and I refuse to ride on the road with 2-3ton behemoths zipping around me. Hopefully around and not into me, of course, lol.

Anyway, wouldnā€™t be a big deal to me waiting 5+ months if I had an easier way to get to Taco Bell:)
That's a bummer, man! Sorry to hear that.

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew

Same here. I'm going to keep riding this horse. If it sinks, it sinks.

Yes, I know I'm mixing metaphors.

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I got an email from there Ford mothership tonight informing me that my car has been pushed out another week. It has gone from 2-May to 9-May to 16ā€“May to where we are at now of 23-May.
Not hopeful theyā€™ll make that date. Iā€™m beginning to worry a little bit that Ford will start canceling orders. I do have a ViN, so Iā€™m a little bit hopeful.

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Mischievous Purple Metallic
Mine was built this week, but I don't know if the plant shutdown will affect shipping. I ordered my GT/CS in January and I'm getting tired of waiting. I work for a large Ford dealer group and have a lot of inside access, but it still does me no good. LOL

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Made it through the week without a delay notice. Still scheduled June 13. Mine is a base with only 301A and BA. If you are fully loaded or have multiple options I am convinced you should expect delays.

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My order was pushed back yet again.
2022 Eruption Green base 6-speed, originally ordered on 1/20. Originally scheduled for production on 5/3, pushed to 5/9 and now pushed to 5/23.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

I have a bike, but thereā€™s a severe lack of biking infrastructure where I live and I refuse to ride on the road with 2-3ton brand new Mustangs zipping around me being driven by Mustang6g folks who got their cars ahead of me! Hopefully around and not into me, of course, lol.

Fixed that for ya šŸ¤“
Sponsored