Sponsored

First problem - air conditioning

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
My evaporator core went out and was recently replaced. I’ll warn you, the fix is not for the faint of heart. The part requires the entire dash to be removed down to the bare body. I almost passed out from fear of rattling. All good though. Part fixed and rattle free...for now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
My A/C just crapped out on me today during the afternoon. It's been about a year and a half since I last had a problem with it. Last time they replaced some kind of switch. This time it blew out some oily moisture that collected on the air vents. It worked about an hour later. Still going to have the dealer take a look at it.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Mine wasn't blowing cold air on the weekend. Got in the car tonight, fired it up and hit the AC .... now it's blasting cold air from all the vents. Not sure what to think now.
That's how it starts. Mine was the same way, now consistently the driver side only blows warm air, the passenger side is cool if it's not too hot outside. If it's hot out and the car has been sitting in the sun, seems to blow hot air from all vents. And my compressor is loud as hell, especially at idle.

I get to deal with the special fact that I installed an aftermarket transmission cooler and now need to remove the wiring because it will be in the way to rip out the entire dash. Honestly will probably only take me an hour to remove it and then reinstall it, but that's an hour I don't want to spend. At least my transmission stays cooler than the inside of my POS Ford, lol.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Mine just started blowing warm at idle today, ice cold when driving.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
So is this a early S550 issue or even the 17s and 18s are having issues?

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So is this a early S550 issue or even the 17s and 18s are having issues?
Early 2017 model here - mine broke after 6 months.

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
My evaporator core went out and was recently replaced. I’ll warn you, the fix is not for the faint of heart. The part requires the entire dash to be removed down to the bare body. I almost passed out from fear of rattling. All good though. Part fixed and rattle free...for now.
So almost one year to the date from my last evaporator core issue....and now it went out again today. I’m SO fuc_ing pissed!!!! That is all.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
So almost one year to the date from my last evaporator core issue....and now it went out again today. I’m SO fuc_ing pissed!!!! That is all.
What makes you think it’s the evaporator?
Do you see of smell Freon?

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
What makes you think it’s the evaporator?
Do you see of smell Freon?
It’s the exact same thing that happened to me less than a year ago. Blows hot out of the driver side vents and cool-ish out of the passenger side. Trust me...I’ve been through this....it’s the same thing all over again.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
It’s the exact same thing that happened to me less than a year ago. Blows hot out of the driver side vents and cool-ish out of the passenger side. Trust me...I’ve been through this....it’s the same thing all over again.
If you’re getting cold air on one side and warm on the other it’s is NOT the evaporator. It’s a blend Door actuator.
To replace an actuator the dash does not need to be removed. Whoever told you that if one side is colder than the other that the evaporator is bad is a dumbass.

Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
If you’re getting cold air on one side and warm on the other it’s is NOT the evaporator. It’s a blend Door actuator.
To replace an actuator the dash does not need to be removed. Whoever told you that if one side is colder than the other that the evaporator is bad is a dumbass.
I’m no mechanic but you’re wrong. When I say it’s cool on the passenger side I should clarify that it’s “not hot” like the driver side. Trust me man, it’s the evaporator core. No need to go back and forth. I’ll confirm once Ford does. And by the way, my brother is a GM at a Ford dealer and has confirmed that this has been an ongoing issue with these.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I’m no mechanic but you’re wrong. When I say it’s cool on the passenger side I should clarify that it’s “not hot” like the driver side. Trust me man, it’s the evaporator core. No need to go back and forth. I’ll confirm once Ford does. And by the way, my brother is a GM at a Ford dealer and has confirmed that this has been an ongoing issue with these.
Well sorry to burst your bubble. But I am a mechanic. And if one side blows hot and the other cold it’s NOT the evaporator. If both sides blow warm / hot then yes it’s most likely the evaporator. I’m done talking about it. You already have a chip on your shoulder.
Good for your brother. Have a good one

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Well sorry to burst your bubble. But I am a mechanic. And if one side blows hot and the other cold it’s NOT the evaporator. If both sides blow warm / hot then yes it’s most likely the evaporator. I’m done talking about it. You already have a chip on your shoulder.
Good for your brother. Have a good one
You too...I’ll post Fords diagnosis once they confirm (with pic of the invoice for you bud)

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Scott thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room but he’s precisely wrong here.

It’s the evaporator or some component that has caused a leak - mine did this exact thing....and this is the symptom many people report. I’m guessing at this part but I think only half of it is able to get cold..which is the half that is divided for the dual-zone climate control...resulting in the half-cold symptom you describe.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS - In his defense - in many cars, this symptom does indicate a blend problem...and that COULD happen but on these cars, this is frequently a refrigerant deficiency.
Sponsored