chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I did my first oil change on the Bullitt today. I did a little research and watched a number of videos of people performing their first oil change on the newer mustangs with the new drain plug and 10 qt. oil pans. They all made a mess and I vowed not to let that happen. I ended up not spilling a drop thanks to getting up high enough on jack stands to fit a 5 gallon bucket under the car. I used Penzoil 05w-30 ultra premium full synthetic. Car had just over 1200 miles and oil was very black, glad I didn't wait too much longer. I installed a Ronin drain plug so I can use a regular drain pan for future oil changes. I've always used a 2 liter soda bottle with the bottom cut out to encase an oil filter and remove it while inside the bottle to contain the oil and wasn't sure if it would work on this car but it did. I always fill the filter before installing also. This was also very helpful https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VY839T8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Anyway, just thought I'd share.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have to say - dumping oil into deep bucket with that plastic large diameter plug is an excellent idea I haven't thought about before. Fist time I've done, my drain pan have overflown, then I mastered holding the plug just right to slowly drain the oil.... This is great.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
First oil change I did myself. Second, Ford did it when they replaced cam phasers. Third and beyond I’m paying 16 bucks to let a local shop (I trust) do it on a lift with my oil, filter, and plug. I can afford the 16 bucks labor. ;).

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
First oil change I did myself. Second, Ford did it when they replaced cam phasers. Third and beyond I’m paying 16 bucks to let a local shop (I trust) do it on a lift with my oil, filter, and plug. I can afford the 16 bucks labor. ;).
If I could find a deal like that I'd jump on it. But only if they would fill the filter before installing it. It'll be a lot easier next time with the Ronin drain plug though.
Sponsored