OP
Speedycrw

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
Holy crap!!! 10 gallons of oil!!........... ford is playing it safe with these engines! lol sorry had to do it. :giggle:
Well.....I was going to edit....but now I'll just leave this here..... ;)
Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That video of the guy's wife was cringe worthy to watch...

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
First oil change is complete. It was actually a piece of cake. The magic of YouTube really helped. The geyser wasn't half as bad as I expected. I haven't cut my oil filter open yet to check for metal shavings or whatever. However, I did filter some of the oil out of it and took a really close look. The most I can see is what I would describe as a few metallic flakes the size of powder. Really needed to look closely to even see these. New engine w/2K on it- I'm good with that. I did break it in by the book.

Sounds noticeably smooth with the 5w30...Listened closely for ticks even after it was warmed up. The most I can slightly hear are the cams on the rocker arms. I'm good with that too.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine done at 1,000 at the dealer & was able to watch. The tech first took the oil filler cap off. I asked & was told that it let air in while the oil drained.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. I left my oil filler cap on. I wonder if that was why it didn't blast out as fast. That part where it came out like a garden hose full blast only seemed to last 2 seconds max, then it slowed right down

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Had mine done at 1,000 at the dealer & was able to watch. The tech first took the oil filler cap off. I asked & was told that it let air in while the oil drained.
I've always done this too, but with 10qts. pushing it's way out I may leave it on for this one.

I always ran Royal Purple in my 2013 and it did very well. Coming up on my first oil change soon.
Sponsored