Sponsored

First GT350 Wheelie!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No M, was not directed at you but to the guys that like to lurk and coming sailing in to post a comment every now and then again about how lame this car is in a straight line.

If you senses anger in my post, my apologies... It was passion.

mmm635 hit the nail on the head with the 911 Turbo vs GT3 debacle... A course car will usually beat a strip car on the course and vice-versa.
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
All good Reaper.

I agree. Can't we all just get along. This is definitely the most volatile mustang forum I've ever been on.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
No M, was not directed at you but to the guys that like to lurk and coming sailing in to post a comment every now and then again about how lame this car is in a straight line.

If you senses anger in my post, my apologies... It was passion.

mmm635 hit the nail on the head with the 911 Turbo vs GT3 debacle... A course car will usually beat a strip car on the course and vice-versa.
Yeah, some people do not realize what target market this car was developed for - head-to-head competition against the European and Japanese makers on the race track, not on the drag strip. Also, to do it without breaking the bank and look cool doing it!

I could be wrong...but the people that nitpick this car, on average, probably have not driven modern day super cars for a true comparison of what they are getting. This is one helluva car for $60k and is just flat out fun to drive and listen to!!

In fact...I am going to flog my car as soon as I hit enter!

VNMOUS1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vmpprformance.com
First Name
bj
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang, 2017 Focus RS
The car was not running on e85. There is a decided bog when using launch control that is a combo of spark/fuel/TB angle. You can try to disable the nannies all you want with pressing buttons but some will still be there.

Think about what the system has to say when the font tires leave the ground...versus the input shaft speed....versus wheel speed...versus.....

It doesn't like it much.

We were running 20+ psi in the tires. A good burnout.

It's not a drag car by any means, and it will kick your ass on a track of intended purpose.

bj

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
It's got a relatively low inertia engine, transmission, and clutch, a tall first gear, and low torque below 3500 RPM. Going to be tough to launch without bogging unless you really want to slip the clutch.

I think it's just the nature of how the car is setup.

-T
I absolutely can't wait to try it myself! Its going to be game on. The Coyote Stock car would leave at 7500 RPM with a clutch dump. :eye bulge: The Shelby with street tires will require way more finesse. ;)

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Maybe there's something about the tune that's similar to torque management in the automatic cars. If that's the case, we may be able to see some much better launches after the ECUs get figured out a little more. Ford may be trying to protect that transmission since it's been lightened up and isn't technically made to launch.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The car was not running on e85. There is a decided bog when using launch control that is a combo of spark/fuel/TB angle. You can try to disable the nannies all you want with pressing buttons but some will still be there.

Think about what the system has to say when the font tires leave the ground...versus the input shaft speed....versus wheel speed...versus.....

It doesn't like it much.

We were running 20+ psi in the tires. A good burnout.

It's not a drag car by any means, and it will kick your ass on a track of intended purpose.

bj
Haven't got to play with a Mustang yet, but I know my 04 STi which had absolutely 0 traction or stability control would have issues off the line with really hard launches. The ECU was simply allergic to huge changes in the crank sensor output. If you didn't slip the clutch enough off the line it would cut power. Know it was the ECU as when it restored power it would either lift the front tires off the ground or do a 4wd burnout. This started when I used a smaller twin plate clutch in place of the OEM single, and used a lighter crank pulley.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is part of whats happening here with the very light weight clutch with a high(er) rpm launch.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Haven't got to play with a Mustang yet, but I know my 04 STi which had absolutely 0 traction or stability control would have issues off the line with really hard launches. The ECU was simply allergic to huge changes in the crank sensor output. If you didn't slip the clutch enough off the line it would cut power. Know it was the ECU as when it restored power it would either lift the front tires off the ground or do a 4wd burnout. This started when I used a smaller twin plate clutch in place of the OEM single, and used a lighter crank pulley.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is part of whats happening here with the very light weight clutch with a high(er) rpm launch.
I had the same issues with my STI. We couldn't figure out why the ECU would cut power and the car would bog.

Never had those issues with my WRX though. I would dump the clutch off the rev limiter to launch. (Pre launch control on the Accessports) Best time in my WRX: http://i14.tinypic.com/6277ig9.jpg

astropol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
How many Mustang guys give a rats ass about how fast a Pony Car is on some "road course"? I give some of you here a clue, very, very, few. Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and the like are about balls, big ones. A $70,000 Mustang should rip a killer 1/4 mile.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
He hit fourth gear ..... is that required given the stratospheric redline?

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
very required. Need taller gears to do it in 3rd, but that makes the difficulty of launching increase.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I had the same issues with my STI. We couldn't figure out why the ECU would cut power and the car would bog.

Never had those issues with my WRX though. I would dump the clutch off the rev limiter to launch. (Pre launch control on the Accessports) Best time in my WRX: http://i14.tinypic.com/6277ig9.jpg
Since you brought it up I'm curious. How did you get a WRX to run that fast? I currently own three Subarus. Have had five in total. I like 'em.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Since you brought it up I'm curious. How did you get a WRX to run that fast? I currently own three Subarus. Have had five in total. I like 'em.
20g turbo plus meth injection. I think it made around 380whp. The most important part was the ppg 1-4 dog box. That car was nasty as hell especially from a roll. I walked a brand new viper and a supercharged c5 z06.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
20g turbo plus meth injection. I think it made around 380whp. The most important part was the ppg 1-4 dog box. That car was nasty as hell especially from a roll. I walked a brand new viper and a supercharged c5 z06.

10k on a tranny is serious for that little power. I went PPG with a K series civic making 880whp bc I was shredding the gears in 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
10k on a tranny is serious for that little power. I went PPG with a K series civic making 880whp bc I was shredding the gears in 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was actually around 6k for me. I was good friends with a big ppg distributor. And did you see the shredded 3rd gear in the pic? Lol wrx 5 speeds are junk. The sti 6 speeds are pretty bulletproof though.
Sponsored