Sponsored

First FI Car

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Whats going on everyone; I'm going from a c7 vette into a 20 stage 2 whippled gt from Lebanon performance and was just wanting to see if anyone had any insight on what I should expect. The only 3 other mods I have in mind would be OPG's and CS, wheels and tires so I can actually hook; and some catless headers. I won't be able to do all 3 at once and don't know what to do first... any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Firstly, congrats on the Whipple car! That's a tough question as you can go any which way about it. Maybe start with the wheels and tires since that will be an easy install and you're traction capable. Whether doing the installs yourself or not, you may want to just have the headers and opg/cs done at the same time. Keep in mind, once you have long tubes on you'll need tuning. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-mustang-v8-gt/2020-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-2

Feel free to shoot me a message :muscle:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Firstly, congrats on the Whipple car! That's a tough question as you can go any which way about it. Maybe start with the wheels and tires since that will be an easy install and you're traction capable. Whether doing the installs yourself or not, \you may want to just have the headers and opg/cs done at the same time. Keep in mind, once you have long tubes on you'll need tuning. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-mustang-v8-gt/2020-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-2

Feel free to shoot me a message :muscle:
Thanks for the input; and supercharger choice was one of the hardest options... but it seems anyway you go you can't be wrong lol. And as far as tune goes the car will indeed be running a PBD tune instead of the Whipple.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks for the input; and supercharger choice was one of the hardest options... but it seems anyway you go you can't be wrong lol. And as far as tune goes the car will indeed be running a PBD tune instead of the Whipple.
Those cars come with a PBD tune and do not need a revision for the headers. It’s a 1000 crank hp car. Opg/cs headers and more boost is all you need. Until the engine pops that is

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If Lebanon hasn't already put the supercharger on, they do offer the OPG and CS as upgrades to their installs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
If Lebanon hasn't already put the supercharger on, they do offer the OPG and CS as upgrades to their installs.
I got mine ordered first week of December and with the way things are looking at whipple I have plenty of time to get lebanon to do them haha.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If I was doing it again, I would have had them install them at the same time.
They do excellent work. They also offer the upgraded half-shafts if you think you will need them.

I got mine ordered first week of December and with the way things are looking at whipple I have plenty of time to get lebanon to do them haha.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Whats going on everyone; I'm going from a c7 vette into a 20 stage 2 whippled gt from Lebanon performance and was just wanting to see if anyone had any insight on what I should expect. The only 3 other mods I have in mind would be OPG's and CS, wheels and tires so I can actually hook; and some catless headers. I won't be able to do all 3 at once and don't know what to do first... any help would be appreciated.
Expect it to be faster than your old c7.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Expect it to be faster than your old c7.
The problem with being able to go to the dealership and order a 1000hp mustang is people already have a hard time harnessing the 460hp. What is going to happen if someone with high income and low experience (or intelligents) get behind the wheel. If someone buys a new mustang and mods it a little bit at a time they would have a better understanding/control of the car. Even if someone had a 900 hp viper before, it’s not the same thing.
I hope OP takes the time to learn the car before it kills someone. It can be a lot of fun but it is extremely dangerous

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Leave atleast stability control on, always. You can still rip 400 foot burnouts if you dont go too far sideways, it only kicks in if you are gonna lose it. But also remember, you have to let it kick in by atleast attempting to stay straight enough by turning the wheel, it kicks in when the wheels are spinning and the steering angle is over a certain threshold I believe. Works great though.

Advancetrac has saved me multiple times when I left it in drag mode on accident and hit a high throttle shift in a corner too..

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
The problem with being able to go to the dealership and order a 1000hp mustang is people already have a hard time harnessing the 460hp. What is going to happen if someone with high income and low experience (or intelligents) get behind the wheel. If someone buys a new mustang and mods it a little bit at a time they would have a better understanding/control of the car. Even if someone had a 900 hp viper before, it’s not the same thing.
I hope OP takes the time to learn the car before it kills someone. It can be a lot of fun but it is extremely dangerous
This will be my 3rd mustang... no crowds harmed yet...

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Did they have the same power as the one your getting into now?
They did not... started with a 13 v6 and went to a 16 gt with some NA mods... wanted to step up so went to to c7... now looking to step up again. Will also be my first auto car.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Every car has its own attitude. So two of the same cars can be very different. Just saying be careful

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I know people talk big numbers with these mustangs but even 500-600 hp is a lot and more than enough to get in over your head
Sponsored