svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
has anyone seen the new fire hawk Indy 500 recently released. they look like s solid tire for the money.
Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Been eyeing them for a few weeks. Loved my sz50's back in the day. Wondering if this is an introductory price until they establish themselves. And I need some tires soon.....

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i was going to get them , friend of mine has them and he likes them alot

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
update on these after about 200 miles. they seem to have better steering response and grip. lots of grip compared to stock pp tires both in corner and from a dig

Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
update on these after about 200 miles. they seem to have better steering response and grip. lots of grip compared to stock pp tires both in corner and from a dig
I almost bought these. The tire just looks really cool! Keep us updated. I just put on the Sumotmo HTR Z III. So far not bad gonna let them rub 300 miles in first.

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
Sounds like a good tire.

Any negatives vs the oem PP Pirelli's? Noise, ride quality, appearance?

Thanks!

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
appearance is better and way more aggressive. I think that noise is the same or better. ride quality is better too. more off line grip and corner grip. I have nothing but positive results so far.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I ended up with Cooper RS3A's, but I did find a Firestone dealer who had an 18" Indy 500 in stock. I was impressed with it, but didn't want to "try" them out and find they last 14k miles. I may end up with a set on track wheels if they pan out to be fantastic.

Sponsored

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
appearance is better and way more aggressive. I think that noise is the same or better. ride quality is better too. more off line grip and corner grip. I have nothing but positive results so far.
Thanks...sounds like a win-win given its low price. I'm especially intrigued that you mention it has increased steering response.

This tire is sold as a Bridgestone Potenza RE003 in other parts of the world btw.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
... more off line grip and corner grip. I have nothing but positive results so far.
Which is impressive with the 340 tread wear rating. Hopefully they last a good long while with spirited driving too. I'll have to remember these next season when the PZero's wear down.

Pale Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 400A
Just ordered mine today 255/40-19" to replace the stock Pirelli A/S that came on my car. Will be installed this Saturday. Will be testing these tires on track day July 4th at Mosport to see how good traction really is. My only concern is its 340 A A, not AA for traction......we shall see.

svtfever please keep us up to date on your experiences. I will also put mine up.

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Just ordered mine today 255/40-19" to replace the stock Pirelli A/S that came on my car. Will be installed this Saturday. Will be testing these tires on track day July 4th at Mosport to see how good traction really is. My only concern is its 340 A A, not AA for traction......we shall see.

svtfever please keep us up to date on your experiences. I will also put mine up.
keep us posted on track use
Sponsored