Sponsored

Financing Performance Parts?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Just go online and look, there out there buddy, you open an account and spend 4K and get back $500, I also believe it’s a 3 month window so once u open the card u better be ready to purchase
Name the bank and CC. I'd love that deal. It's as simple as reading off the CC in your wallet. I want this 12.5% deal as well especially if there is also no annual fee,

BTW - I close all accounts after using 0% interest, I have 0 CC debt, and my score was 827 last checked. My wife has only opened one CC in her life and hers is 840.
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I already did go back and look at the links

I get braski, he really doesn’t have the coin do he shouldn’t buy it on CC

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I already did go back and look at the links
your link did not show remotely the deal you're describing. 500 credit on big initial spend, sure but it's a 16% card, not zero. The only 0 for 15 is Chase Freedom and it's signup bonus is a mere $150.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
the math for credit is kinda... complex..your moving life forward faster in return for interest..or borrowing for opportunity..you cant peg it it down...but if you have money earning 8% in market leaving it in to card at zero percent is a no brainer....if racing starts in april and u cant save enough money to meet your goals until oct,,,zero or low interest is a no brainer..your life isn't infinite time is beyond priceless and hugely undervalued.... a wreck a bad sickness or bad shit in your company can fuck your life up for decades..take the sure thing without wrecking your future ,while realizing lifespans are finite and money is a joke

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s funny

I see sped 5000, get 500 for ZERO for 1 yr

There are others u need to do research
DA660078-1A80-430A-B008-3E3C735841D9.jpeg

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
These guys are giving some good informations. I’m not your dad to tell you how to handle your finances and It’s your money lol. Just do the math and calculate it so you don’t get in trouble. Financing is an option if you’re not rich like some of these guys. It’s there to help people like us to get some wants. If you’re short right now, I’ll save a couple thousand and finance the rest and pay it off before the 0 % is up. I’ll get the supercharger and tires for sure!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No your right, the ones I put up the deal is spend 500-1000 and u get 150 but what if u did the ones that have a 17% apr and give u a 500 refund, why not take the 500 then takes balance transfer to a card the gives u 0%

Then u get the bonus

I’m gonna look into this very soon, I’ll us 3 cards and I bet I get 750-1000 with 0 for 1500 mo the

I’ve have found spend 3000-4000 get 300-400

U just need to look as they have introductory 0 for 15 months with the deal too

If it took 5 cc to save a 1000 plus zero I would do it, it’s a no brainer

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
All depends how old you are OP! If your older in life chances are your current financials aren't going to significantly improve so have at it. However if your in your younger years hold off on the turbo and start working on saving for your retirement and paying off any unwanted debt! By doing this buying a turbo later in life would be no big deal. Personally I would never finance mods for a car!
I’m a 25 year old engineer with a little over a year in industry making slightly more than average for my employment level.

Definitely some good information here. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences. I think I’ll wait a year or two (as hard as that might be) till I have the cash, then use the method mentioned above. Seems like a no brained if you have excellent credit and are responsible enough to make sizable payments.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m a 25 year old engineer with a little over a year in industry making slightly more than average for my employment level.

Definitely some good information here. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences. I think I’ll wait a year or two (as hard as that might be) till I have the cash, then use the method mentioned above. Seems like a no brained if you have excellent credit and are responsible enough to make sizable payments.
Your car might be too old then lol. You do what you got to do of course. I was going to trade my 17 GT to 19 GT, but the hp difference and payment made me backed out. I bought the sc instead and happy every time I drive my car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
dude, did you even read the prospectus? $0 fee for the first year isn't remotely 0% interest for purchase or xfers.

Now the Amex Blue Cash Everyday is a decent enough card. 15mo purchase/xfer and 3% xfer fee. The Amex Cash Everyday (not the same thing, note the missing 'blue') has a 0% xfer fee and same 15mo of 0% for purchase and xfer.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
dude, did you even read the prospectus? $0 fee for the first year isn't remotely 0% interest for purchase or xfers.

Now the Amex Blue Cash Everyday is a decent enough card. 15mo purchase/xfer and 3% xfer fee. The Amex Cash Everyday (not the same thing, note the missing 'blue') has a 0% xfer fee and same 15mo of 0% for purchase and xfer.
I did pal, I spent a whole 3 minutes looking this bs up but if u take time to look for the cards they are out there, I’ve done it for trips to fl a few times, I bought treadmill that way too

Saved 300-500, didn’t balance transfer because those cards had 0 for 15 months but believe me if u take the time to look there are deals to be had

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase

That sounds like a great idea and in all honesty your reply was the most intelligent post I seen on hear in a long time! Even though it might be tough to resist the urge it will pay off big time! Back in the day I sold my paid off 99 SS to buy my first house. It killed me to let the ss go but I did have the luxury of beating on my wife's wrx any time I needed to shake of the bug! Now 15 years later we have set ourselves up to be very comfortable. Are we multi millionaires? No but we can afford anything within "reason". Even in the position I'm in now I'm struggling on the thought of paying ADM on a new GT 500 allocation. Can I afford it? Yes but the Lancaster county mennonite in me tells me to wait a year and save on the $5k got to have it tax! Trust me, I'm fighting this urge really hard! Anyway it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you are off to a good start. I'll leave you with the best advice I ever received! "Just remember kid, the best things in life are free!" Goodluck!:thumbsup:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
That’s funny

There are others u need to do research
DA660078-1A80-430A-B008-3E3C735841D9.jpeg
Business owners card. Great if you are a business owner and spend 50K in a short period of time. Also a $95 per year fee.

Personally I see it as high risk for most middle income Americans as trying to go short on the stock market. The only way to play this game safely is to first assure that you have the cash in savings to cover the "spread" before you start playing that CC shell game. And this is what it is. It's a shell game with high risk involved.

On the 0 balance deal a minimum balance HAS to be made each month for the interest to continue to be deferred. There are no more 6,12,18 months same as cash deals. The government stopped allowing lending institutions to do that years ago because they claimed it baited people into debt. A minimum payment each month is required to keep the interest deferring. However today, miss one payment or be late and you just started accruing interest at the rate on the card. The deal turned out to be a better win-win for the banks in the end. Rather than have only one date to miss paying off the amount so the interest starts racking up, you now have 6,12,18 payments in which if any one is missed the deferred interest is now yours to pay off as well.

I use 0% financing all the time. But I make sure I have the amount in the bank to cover it in the event I get laid off or something happens that requires me to pay it off early.

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Your car might be too old then lol. You do what you got to do of course. I was going to trade my 17 GT to 19 GT, but the hp difference and payment made me backed out. I bought the sc instead and happy every time I drive my car.
Not sure what you mean by the car being to old? Do you mean it might have to many miles? It’s not my DD. It only has 40k miles on it at the moment. In another 1-2 years I’d be surprised if I put another 15k miles on it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the 0 balance deal a minimum balance HAS to be made each month for the interest to continue to be deferred.
there's a difference between paypal or amzon-card style 'deferred' vs 0% cards. In either case why on earth would you not be making monthly payments? I take the amount charged, divide by term and that's my monthly which is set to auto-pay so there are no "oops". If you miss a payment the penalty rate will typically last 6 months so you never want to trip that trigger.
Sponsored