Finally joining the club!

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Nice ride. Recommend you look on Google about the pros and many cons of adding an oil separator before you get one.
I have not installed one because I don't track the car and don't road race on the streets (retired M3 club racer). If you are not doing any of the above, don't waste your time.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have not installed one because I don't track the car and don't road race on the streets (retired M3 club racer). If you are not doing any of the above, don't waste your time.
High compression engine, low tension rings. Why would you want to pump oil into the combustion chamber? Because you love carbon build up? The only reason manufacturers pump oil back into the chamber is because they "love Earth". Even though, an oil separator is better for the environment, it is against smog laws to install them on a street car.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I don't track or road race, but I installed one. Why wouldn't you? I pull about 3-4oz of oil out every year. Oil that would end up being burned in the cyclinders.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Passenger side only for street use only.
I get about a 1/2 dixie cup full every oil change.

DIXIE CUP DISCLAIMER
If you have to Google what a Dixie Cup is, and you own a GT350, congrats on being somewhat wealthy at a young age... good work in getting to where you are at.

Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Two thumbs up on oil separator! I have both sides but driver always bone dry, so agree on pass only. Also love my BMR jacking rails and Jaeger Brothers Splash/Rock Guards, two other “day one” mods for me on any 350. Enjoy, she’s gorgeous!

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
Congrats and enjoy!

For whatever it's worth:
Ford Performance air oil separators have been fantastic in the 3+ years I've had my car, I've got both driver and passenger side but you can certainly do just the passenger side, I've yet to pull any oil out of the drivers side.

Highly recommend the Auto Fanatic front track splash guards (https://www.auto-fanatic.com/product/shelby-gt350-shelby-gt350r-front-track-splash-guards-pre-order/) as well if you're looking to prevent stone chips etc
Sponsored