monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Ford could contract with AA to buy their wheels, tack on $100, sell them as an option, and everyone makes $$ (except us, the customer but at least we then have a Ford spare tire).
1000%...........
Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Pardon my ignorance as my '22 GT doesn't have the PP. I bought the spare tire kit from the dealer. In what way are the calipers so much bigger from a non-PP Mustang?

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Pardon my ignorance as my '22 GT doesn't have the PP. I bought the spare tire kit from the dealer. In what way are the calipers so much bigger from a non-PP Mustang?
Base GT front - 14" rotor w/ 4 piston caliper
PP GT front - 15" rotor w/ 6 piston caliper

Sponsored

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
Finally got my new AA spare tire kit! That clears brembo brakes for PP cars!!!! Something FORD shoudve provided us stang owners instead of that crappy compressor, real JOKE!!
Any issues w fitment?? Any tips or info making it fit etc..
Thabks Anthony

20230601_195131.jpg
Anthony,
I bought this for my 16’ GT PP a few months after I bought the car. I have only used it once on the rear axle. It seemed to work fine. At one time they were located in Raleigh and I drove down to pick it up. It does seem silly that the car never came with a spare. That ‘s common nowadays though.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The AA spare requires inflation to use, right? The one nice thing about the standard spare is there's enough room to keep it fully inflated.

Might be worth investing in a better portable compressor than the factory one.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
The AA spare requires inflation to use, right? The one nice thing about the standard spare is there's enough room to keep it fully inflated.

Might be worth investing in a better portable compressor than the factory one.
It's just like any other spare, throw it in the trunk and you're GTG.

Just make sure it's to the proper inflation level when you do.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Thanks for reminding me that my Ford spare wheel/tire will not fit once I get the Brembo brakes installed. I have Steeda 19x10 wheeels and I kept the OEM 20x9 wheels/tires to use as 'winter' tires. I think I will check if the 20x9 OEM wheel/tire will fit in the spare tire compartment and use one as a spare. Otherwise I guess I will buy the AA spare.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's just like any other spare, throw it in the trunk and you're GTG.

Just make sure it's to the proper inflation level when you do.
Yeah, but what's the intended PSI? I remember reading on here before that if you have it fully inflated, it becomes too fat to actually fit in the spare well anymore.

Sponsored

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Yeah, but what's the intended PSI? I remember reading on here before that if you have it fully inflated, it becomes too fat to actually fit in the spare well anymore.
I just checked my AA spare not to long ago and I can't remember exactly, somewhere around 45/50 psi, it is high.
I have no problem fitting it into the well and my trunk mat is flat, no bulge whatsoever.
It was designed to fit specifically the PP1 and into the spare well, fully inflated with no protrusion.

Call AA if you have questions.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Mine came with 32 PSI. I had to use a little of WD-40 in order for it to fit flush.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Finally installed it in car yesterday, fit like a glove. Actually a little too snug, had to lube up metal w WD40 to slide it in. But here she is!!! It's a beautiful wheel lol. I have to get the rubber for under bottom of spare soon, and do it right way. But good for now. I kept jack and handle in trunk, so no interference w wheel.
Anthony

P.S. the cover fit, ok so-so... not 100% flush.. but good enough for me.. I guess taking some air outta tire would make it fit better, and I have compressor in trunk, so might do that.. just a head up guys. I have 32psi in tire.

20230615_174157.jpg

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Finally installed it in car yesterday, fit like a glove. Actually a little too snug, had to lube up metal w WD40 to slide it in. But here she is!!! It's a beautiful wheel lol. I have to get the rubber for under bottom of spare soon, and do it right way. But good for now. I kept jack and handle in trunk, so no interference w wheel.
Anthony

P.S. the cover fit, ok so-so... not 100% flush.. but good enough for me.. I guess taking some air outta tire would make it fit better, and I have compressor in trunk, so might do that.. just a head up guys. I have 32psi in tire.

20230615_174157.jpg
In my case i used the same cardboard that came with the package to put under the tire but if you share with me where to get the rubber or under bottom i will get that one for better damping.

Thanks in advance...

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
In my case i used the same cardboard that came with the package to put under the tire but if you share with me where to get the rubber or under bottom i will get that one for better damping.

Thanks in advance...
Absolutely, Will let ya know. Prb wal-mart..... or Michaels or Hobby Lobby
Sponsored