Sponsored

Finally back in an S550! Looking for a wing!

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
It's funny, I've never had the flap off but I get 17.9 MPG for the life of the car, it's rated 12/18. I drive 70% highway. I can't see it being worth more than a few percent of MPG tbh.
There was a thread that I found awhile back and probably could again if I looked hard enough, however, some guy actually did some testing with it and I believe he said it was 2-3mpg loss with that gurney flap on. It does create a ton of extra downforce and drag on the car so it doesn't really surprise me.

As far as the epa rating of the car, the manufacturers are usually pretty tame with their ratings and most of the time people can get more than what the cars are rated at, at least, MOST of the time.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought the M-16600-FP gt500 wing from Blue Oval Industries. $520 total. No offense but the issues I've seen about the steeda wing and other fakes, isn't worth my time. Buy once cry once.
The Steeda wing is a budget wing for $200 with free shipping & for most consumers - it is more than enough of what they are looking to accomplish. It is geared toward street use, it has been on our Orange EcoBoost for quite some time.

We have several reviews on the subject & haven't seen too many unpleased customers - only that the installation wasn't outlined.

1673577610831.png

OP
OP
AeroFox87

AeroFox87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Steeda wing is a budget wing for $200 with free shipping & for most consumers - it is more than enough of what they are looking to accomplish. It is geared toward street use, it has been on our Orange EcoBoost for quite some time.

We have several reviews on the subject & haven't seen too many unpleased customers - only that the installation wasn't outlined.

1673577610831.png
I'm sure it's okay for the price. But I just don't have time to risk it. As for other steeda stuff i have had, I liked it all and it was all of good quality. Just installed my steeda h pipe and I Love it! Plan to buy the jacking rails and it's braces along with g track brace again. Had it all on my 2017 and it made a HUGE difference.

OP
OP
AeroFox87

AeroFox87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wanted to update this! The wing came in a few hours ago from Blue Oval Industries with zero issues other than some light swirls(from whoever boxed it at the factory, not Blue Ovals fault.). Doesn't bother me as I'm going to have to entire car paint corrected here soon along with Ceramic Coating.

I got it installed in roughly 2 hours taking my time. The adhesive came off using my finger and rolling it over it. Very easy. Looks SOOOO good. Will get better pics sometime soon.

As for Blue Oval, this is the 3rd or 4th time I have bought from them with no issues. No I don't know him and no im not getting paid to say anything, but thankfully I have had no issues!

I do plan the sell the gurney flap as I don't need it.

20230113_194254.jpg

20230113_194233.jpg

AZ22STANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I also got my Swing from Blue Oval Industries a couple months ago for the great price of $520 too. I didn’t see anything good or bad about them on here but they seemed to have good reviews other places. The box did arrive with big gash lucky for me Ford packs it very well and my Swing was not damaged.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
If you are in Cali. I have a 350R replica by Anderson composite seating here.
My race car now has a gigantic wing instead☺
PM if you want .
50% price.

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
I have a ebay $60 spoiler paint to match but for velocity blue wasn't so much a match..
But for $60.. can't complain
20221130_135236.jpg

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
I personally love the GT500 wing (which is also on the Mach 1). My fav one honestly so far.
I got mine from Autohaus:
Good afternoon folks. I recently bought me another GT! Sold my 2017 GT back in 2019 and DEEPLY regretted it. Picked up my first auto mustang!

2022 GT 10spd 301a car. Absolutely love it!

Anywho, who has the plug on the Ford Performance Gt500 wing new on the box? Looking to buy!

q5udv7.jpg
https://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/2020-gt500-trunk-spoiler-15-20-all

The "Swing" wing is pretty freaking awesome!

ChristineWithNewWheels.jpg

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I put the Blue Oval GT500 wing on my PP2, good quality and easy install. Definitely enhanced the look and offsets/matches more to the PP2 extended front splitter.

Didn't use the Gurney Flap though. To me it just seemed like too much on a car with stock wheels and look. If anyone wants the Gurney Flap or the small OEM PP2 spoiler just let me know, they're free, you just pay shipping.

Sponsored

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
Sorry to hijack but where you located

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I actually really like how it looks when it's on I just hate how much it kills the fuel efficiency which I still am amazed at how good the fuel economy is in this beast.
Why does it cut fuel economy? isnt it supposed to make the stang more aerodynamic, hence better mileage..
Thanks Anthony

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Why does it cut fuel economy? isnt it supposed to make the stang more aerodynamic, hence better mileage..
Thanks Anthony
Actually I think with both the spoiler or spoiler + gurney flap combo it creates more drag (for sure I know this with the gurney flap attached) which in turn gives the car more co-efficient drag. The more drag you have the more wind you are cutting through to push the car forward which again, in turn uses more fuel. However, I may be wrong with just the spoiler attached, although I don't think so. More rear end downforce to keep the back end from doing unintended things when taking high speed corners is what that flap is intended for.

Anyway though, if you don't care I think it def makes the car look a lot meaner with it on. Just for myself, the wing looks good enough alone that I will let the flap go unless going to a car show or a meet. I keep the wing in the trunk if I think I might want to put it on and a screwdriver in the glovebox to install it as well as it is only 4 bolts on/off and only takes a minute or two to do it. If I didn't have my longer commute to work or it was just in town driving I'd honestly just keep the flap on at all times.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Actually I think with both the spoiler or spoiler + gurney flap combo it creates more drag (for sure I know this with the gurney flap attached) which in turn gives the car more co-efficient drag. The more drag you have the more wind you are cutting through to push the car forward which again, in turn uses more fuel. However, I may be wrong with just the spoiler attached, although I don't think so. More rear end downforce to keep the back end from doing unintended things when taking high speed corners is what that flap is intended for.

Anyway though, if you don't care I think it def makes the car look a lot meaner with it on. Just for myself, the wing looks good enough alone that I will let the flap go unless going to a car show or a meet. I keep the wing in the trunk if I think I might want to put it on and a screwdriver in the glovebox to install it as well as it is only 4 bolts on/off and only takes a minute or two to do it. If I didn't have my longer commute to work or it was just in town driving I'd honestly just keep the flap on at all times.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the reply! Ohhhhh ok, Got it! Thanks so much for the 411.. =)
Anthony
Sponsored