George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I don’t see why you couldn’t get 100k miles out of a boosted coyote. I got 100k plus out of a 2.4 SRT-4 motor. It had a big turbo for most of that 100k. Just gotta keep up on the maintenance. Frequent oil changes and tune ups will help.
Did you keep it stock?

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Did you keep it stock?
Thanks for all the replies I think I'm going to go with headers, e85 and a dyno tune when my warranty is up that should give me 450 or 460 rwhp that will be enough to have fun with and the engine will last a lot longer. It will also work out better for HPDE. Thanks for all your help. G

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
FRPP track suspension.
Stay stock for hpde x2 seasons.
Add E85 tune x2 seasons.

I tracked a Whippled 2015 for two seasons in Texas. Uhhhh, I went thru some parts due to durability issues:
3 diffs $800
3 primary chains (lashed out) $200
1 long block $3700+400ship
6R80 steels oem cheapos
3 sets front rotors
Lots of tires lol
Whipple kit stage 2
TSS opg and tg
GT350 rad, pan, pump
FRPP track suspension
FRPP front brake upgrade
Second trans cooler psgr well
My goal was most fun not fastest laps cause Im old and prior track career was late 90s. I repacked trans and swapped in fresh block before trading in for 2018 10R80.

These cars are way less stressful and less time consuming if you track NA or E85. Lets face it, you can only really enjoy these cars on a track at the current stock hp

Sponsored

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
a major variable beyond maintenance and how much boost you are throwing at it are driving conditions and how much you are beating on it. If you put most of the miles on it staying out of boost then it is different if you are driving it like you stole it every day.

if you live in harsh climates or highly dusty areas it can also wreck havoc on longevity.

if you occasionally hit it hard and stay away from bouncing off the limiter then it should last you for many miles and many years.

another factor is a conservative tune. Every time it detonates it does a tiny amount of damage. So less aggressive timing advance with good octane fuel will help.

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
a major variable beyond maintenance and how much boost you are throwing at it are driving conditions and how much you are beating on it. If you put most of the miles on it staying out of boost then it is different if you are driving it like you stole it every day.

if you live in harsh climates or highly dusty areas it can also wreck havoc on longevity.

if you occasionally hit it hard and stay away from bouncing off the limiter then it should last you for many miles and many years.

another factor is a conservative tune. Every time it detonates it does a tiny amount of damage. So less aggressive timing advance with good octane fuel will help.
Thanks. G

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Thanks. G

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
FRPP track suspension.
Stay stock for hpde x2 seasons.
Add E85 tune x2 seasons.

I tracked a Whippled 2015 for two seasons in Texas. Uhhhh, I went thru some parts due to durability issues:
3 diffs $800
3 primary chains (lashed out) $200
1 long block $3700+400ship
6R80 steels oem cheapos
3 sets front rotors
Lots of tires lol
Whipple kit stage 2
TSS opg and tg
GT350 rad, pan, pump
FRPP track suspension
FRPP front brake upgrade
Second trans cooler psgr well
My goal was most fun not fastest laps cause Im old and prior track career was late 90s. I repacked trans and swapped in fresh block before trading in for 2018 10R80.

These cars are way less stressful and less time consuming if you track NA or E85. Lets face it, you can only really enjoy these cars on a track at the current stock hp
Thanks G

Sponsored
OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Thanks. G

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Reliability of the engine is 99% in the tune, fueling and maintenance.

If you keep up with maintenance and your fueling doesn't fail and you're tune is safe, it can last indefinitely at ~600rhwp and not beating on it for the most part.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The "little" 3.5 Ford V-6 Ecoboost is pushing 400 hp in the Expedition.

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
When I had my 3.7 mustang I found out there was a place in Texas that was selling a kit to put the the eco boost turbos on a 3.7. I wanted to do that but I would have missed the sound of the v8. For that matter I could have gotten a great deal on a fully equipped SHO but I turned it down for the same reason. The six sounds good for a six butt it's still sounding like a six and I love the sound of the coyote. This is the first high revving v8 I've ever owned and I love that sound and with that H pipe you still get that old school muscle car sound from the 60's until you get on it then all hell breaks loose, I'm so grateful to have that before I die.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
10/1 compression and a true, ground-up, purpose-built engine calibration. Our supercharged coyotes will never have a calibration of this caliber.
Sponsored