Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, mainly for charge temp
Then wouldn't it be more beneficial to run say a dry nitrous 25 shot to the inlet side of the IC ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Then wouldn't it be more beneficial to run say a dry nitrous 25 shot to the inlet side of the IC ?
How does nitrous affect MAFs? I know the water/meth prior to the maf is bad.

Would it be more beneficial, maybe I don't know. Again, first FI car and first N2 car learning as I go. Currently IATs are dropping 9-10 degrees and climbing back up 5-6; it is hard to use that data against a full quarter mile in the Texas heat. Though if I get to the stripe faster it will be less time for them to climb

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
How does nitrous affect MAFs? I know the water/meth prior to the maf is bad.
that's why I said a dry shot.. no different than driving in say 30 degree weather. Cold weather.. More o2. Nitrous only carries a single o2 molecule , rest is inert. Kinda like turning Texas heat into Alaska heat. But I'm sure some more knowledgeable will jump in.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
that's why I said a dry shot.. no different than driving in say 30 degree weather. Cold weather.. More o2. Nitrous only carries a single o2 molecule , rest is inert. Kinda like turning Texas heat into Alaska heat. But I'm sure some more knowledgeable will jump in.
I saw the dry, couple bourbons in didn' think about that it would not be wet by the time it hit the MAF. But still don't know how it would affect it. Either way, the added power is fun as well. When I get the built motor, I'll probably turn it up to 150.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Correct, mainly for charge temp, however I'll take all the power I can get. Based on the logs, I don't think I am lean at all. If anything rich, if I am understanding it correctly. I am seeing commanded lambda of .65, doesn't that indicate it is pulling fuel?
Commanded .65 Lambda on e85 is 6.34 to 1 AFR so I would think it is adding fuel. What do your STFT's look like when it sprays? If the ecu is adding fuel it will be a positive value, if it is a negative value it means it taking fuel away. Did you test your nozzle to make sure that fuel is being sprayed when activated?

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I saw the dry, couple bourbons in didn' think about that it would not be wet by the time it hit the MAF. But still don't know how it would affect it. Either way, the added power is fun as well. When I get the built motor, I'll probably turn it up to 150.
I wouldn't spray the nitrous through the MAF, yes it will register the cooler air going across the sensing element and try to compensate fueling just like it would for cooler air, but it's not really ideal and could possibly lead to tune issues. There used to be dry nitrous kits available that sprayed N2O across the MAF and relied on the MAF to adjust fueling to compensate for the extra O2 being injected, it was a crude set up, but it worked up until you ran out of injector.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Commanded lambda doesn’t change on e85; if anything it would be leaner since you don’t need enrichment to get knock suppression.

On the stock tune, it should be around .8 and drop to around .7 when in cat protect mode. The very richest I’ve seen even possible to command is around .68 and, again, this would only happen in cat protect mode. I find it very unusual that it would command .65.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Commanded .65 Lambda on e85 is 6.34 to 1 AFR so I would think it is adding fuel. What do your STFT's look like when it sprays? If the ecu is adding fuel it will be a positive value, if it is a negative value it means it taking fuel away. Did you test your nozzle to make sure that fuel is being sprayed when activated?
I was thinking about it backwards. It is adding fuel throughout the run. I did not take the nozzles out to make sure they were firing. I had them fire with nothing hooked up and listened for them.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm guessing it was commanding so rich because the fueling is off, I bet the short terms were off a good bit while wot. I'm sure actual lambda though was closer to .78 where it should be.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I'm guessing it was commanding so rich because the fueling is off, I bet the short terms were off a good bit while wot. I'm sure actual lambda though was closer to .78 where it should be.
I think, going to test the lines when I get home and go up one fuel jet assuming it is working.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Well verified it does spray nitrous, and it is spraying fuel. Took the nozzle out of the pipe, isolated each and visually confirmed each. Hadn't looked under the car yet, just dropped it off at the fab shop for a bigger intercooler.

Also order next size up fuel jet.
Sponsored