Sponsored

Failed my first MOT

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
l have never had to do that.

I have never had that experience with them. In fact they gave me vouchers when I didn't even think I deserved them.

they flat out stated "we don't provide any form of compensation" perhaps because my car was paid cash not finance they didn't feel any obligation but they cost me just shy of 12 grand doing their job for them and time off work unpaid including flights back from a foreign country just so I could decline the work completed for defects.

so no ford aren't a good company to deal with in the slightest so much so i'm slowly removing all my fleet fords and replacing them with other brands and i'm no longer really interested / bothered in my mustang any more because i know its defective and poorly repaired. I think my plan now is to crank up the supercharger and see where the engine blows then probably scrap it.
Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Got my first MOT tomorrow. Hoping it will sail through.

Good luck getting it sorted

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Eibach replacing the springs foc - still under warranty it seems

but no stock in UK or US so have had to take the German version - which are apparently 10nm softer but slightly longer so same drop.
🤷‍♂️

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Eibach replacing the springs foc - still under warranty it seems

but no stock in UK or US so have had to take the German version - which are apparently 10nm softer but slightly longer so same drop.
🤷‍♂️
That’s a win. I’d say it’s a positive thing to be a touch softer, with the eibachs being a fair bit firmer than stock

Be interested to hear if you can feel the difference!

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
they flat out stated "we don't provide any form of compensation" perhaps because my car was paid cash not finance they didn't feel any obligation but they cost me just shy of 12 grand doing their job for them and time off work unpaid including flights back from a foreign country just so I could decline the work completed for defects.

so no ford aren't a good company to deal with in the slightest so much so i'm slowly removing all my fleet fords and replacing them with other brands and i'm no longer really interested / bothered in my mustang any more because i know its defective and poorly repaired. I think my plan now is to crank up the supercharger and see where the engine blows then probably scrap it.
If you don't mind me asking what's the issue with the car?

I've had very similar experiences to you with regards to Ford customer service. I am surprised they didn't tell you it's not a Ford issue but it's between yourself and the franchise where Ford have no power despite it being their warranty...

Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New springs on - doesn't feel much different
but the KNOCKING - is finally gone - sweet Jesus

The mechanic decided to ruin my day though by telling me my brake disc was warped. so theres another bloody thing i gotta look at - back in for MOT on Sunday, finally get this thing back on the road!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

The mechanic decided to ruin my day though by telling me my brake disc was warped. so theres another bloody thing i gotta look at - back in for MOT on Sunday, finally get this thing back on the road!
If the disk is warped you would surely have felt the juddering through the brake pedal ? make sure the discs are clean - if the car has been standing about there may be pad pick up on the disc which can feel like a warp until it cleans off.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the disk is warped you would surely have felt the juddering through the brake pedal ? make sure the discs are clean - if the car has been standing about there may be pad pick up on the disc which can feel like a warp until it cleans off.
there is a definite swish swish swish sound when you lightly brake

it was sitting about for a few weeks and the brakes were stuck when i released it to drive it round yesterday so it had a bit of rubbing going on which i put down to it sitting about yeh.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
there is a definite swish swish swish sound when you lightly brake

it was sitting about for a few weeks and the brakes were stuck when i released it to drive it round yesterday so it had a bit of rubbing going on which i put down to it sitting about yeh.
That sounds more like the disks need cleaning - some hard braking from speed should do it - six or seven hard stops from 60mph should fix it. If the brakes were stuck on there will certainly be some pickup from the pads. Warped discs judder horribly. If it is the rear discs, then drive with the handbrake partially on for a short distance as the rear discs don't do much otherwise.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

I would be sceptical of a mechanic that told me I had a warped brake disk - If you drive the car with any enthusiasm you should be the first person to know about this. Does the brake pedal feel OK under hard / heavy / prolonged / hot etc braking ? :like:

WD :like:

Edit - I took a phone call between starting to write that post and completing it, I see there is some good feedback above.

Out of interest, I got our SUV through two main dealer services and MOT's with slightly warped disks and they didn't even pick up on it - driver knew well before the MOT and service guy (all four are now replaced) :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So my car has been making 2 different noises

a knocking in the rear passenger side - noticible when going over potholes.
and a creaking noise - same side.
here we go. Had a good long drive today for the first time in months. Get back home, poodling about to park up and hear the kinda noise described above.
Drove around some more, went up and out of a steep ish ramp from a car park and faintly heard what seemed like a spring creak, but there is definitely a subtle knocking noise too

Back to Ford i go! Needed them to check my diff anyway after they fixed the leak. Just for peace of mind

sigh
Sponsored