Sponsored

F**king people I tell you...

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Guys, this has been going on forever. When I was a kid, many many moons ago, kids were ripping the brand emblems off cars to collect them. Many a Mercedes had their logo ripped off the top of the hood. Keying has been going on since cars were made and some jealous idiot walked by.
Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Man, that sux.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
I run dash cams in front and back while I'm away from my car, and on my Raptor I have them on all 4 sides. You can run them off your battery or a battery pack. I've solved a few mysteries by having these cameras. They are small, discrete, and can save your ass in a wreck where it's your word against someone else's.
Mind sharing brand/model of the cam set up?

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
BlackVue is the gold standard. They sell a two camera setup but usually there's not much you can do if you catch someone on video. Not for property damage anyways, now if you catch a murder or kidnapping on one then the authorities will put their top guys on it.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
BlackVue is the gold standard. They sell a two camera setup but usually there's not much you can do if you catch someone on video. Not for property damage anyways, now if you catch a murder or kidnapping on one then the authorities will put their top guys on it.
I have the Blackvue 750S fore and aft cams

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
...Things are way better now.
They're better in some ways and sh!tty in others. This kind of stuff just moves in a circle if you really think about it.

Being in Seattle I get to watch the homelessness problem spiral out of control. It brings along with a ton of theft, homeless children, hunger, public health issues in general, and massive amounts of drug use. So we're back to used needles in the streets again.

In the theft department though I've seen it get worse over the last 20 years simply because of the city and neighborhood our family live in and the lack of respect of other peoples' property. Mail gets stolen (so I had to install a metal box with a key), grocery deliveries get stolen, packages off porches, and stuff like what we see here. Cameras tell you the story, but good luck getting the police to use it to do anything. Too much of it goes on. Random mischief? Or windows broken, and random stuff stolen out of the car - we love that one. We've had people shoot windows out with pellet guns from vehicles just for giggles.

But theft is different. It makes you sick to your stomach. Example: Someone had the balls to sneak into our back yard and steal my daughter's barbie bike a few years ago while we were away from the house. Really???

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Really.
Got data?
Stupid teen mischief has been going on since...... this kind of crap happened in the 50s, 60’s, 70’s ( they blamed teen punks, hippies, and stoners).....80’s, 90’s, etc etc.
Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to the OPs missing gas door or similar issues pertaining to vandalism. That's been going on since time immemorial.

I was responding to the comment about the country going downhill.

You want stats? Look to your state for some of the best. Let's start with your home state. (Mine is just as bad by the way) if California residents would like to split up the state to avoid taking responsibility for the regions with the worst problems, I'd suggest going one step further and make it its own country. Jerry always wanted to be President anyway.
Granted, you have some of the best Porsche roads and weather in the world, but is the rest really worth it? I'd take Sonny Barger and his crew and The Beach Boys and the Surfer culture over the current west coast mentality any day. Don't get me wrong, current social and economic issues are fubar'd nationwide, not just Cali.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...nia-3-states-just-reached-important-milestone

http://amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article207939584.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-every-homeschooling-parent-is-a-child-abuser
IMG_0051.JPG

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
The gal was late 30’s to early 40’s and drove a Z28. Saw her do it.

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
Shouldn't we be discussing how to possibly prevent our fuel filler cover from being stolen/removed? I have an idea or two which can prevent it's removal easily, but now worry about the thief going ape shit and taking his/her screwdriver to the rear quarter, or worse yet, breaking the entire hinge assembly. I'll be looking into a Drake aftermarket cover and save my original in the garage.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The most outragious auto vandalism I ever witnessed was at a cruise night. There was a absolutely stunningly red street rod there that some mental midget keyed at the cruise. With the outrage that was displayed by most everyone in attendance I honestly believe if someone had seen it happing the dim wit would have been chopped up and tossed in the near by pond for fish food.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That sucks OP! I would pissed off beyond belief.
:mad:

I almost don’t drive mine if it’s gonna be parked anywhere public except for short stops.
Amen brother!! If I have to park, I take the daily driver. I'm not chancing it. Plus, my insurance doesn't allow it to be used as a daily driver and I wouldn't anyways.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ I will park depending where I go. Generally though, I agree. My TY R is 100% xpel wrapped and that eases my mind a bit, but the problem remains, the world is full of scumbags who either don't care or are downright hateful to the poont of vandalism.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Shouldn't we be discussing how to possibly prevent our fuel filler cover from being stolen/removed? I have an idea or two which can prevent it's removal easily, but now worry about the thief going ape shit and taking his/her screwdriver to the rear quarter, or worse yet, breaking the entire hinge assembly. I'll be looking into a Drake aftermarket cover and save my original in the garage.
It's a good point you're making. However, who took this obviously knew how to get it off w/o breaking the tab. If they discover that they can't take it easily most likely they'll just walk off.

You could reinforce the door and make a little decal to say you're being video'd or something. That may make them walk away.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I went ahead and bought the Drake Shelby from Amazon for $47. I will fill the Shelby lettering with lb touch up paint and change out the chrom screws to black.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sorry for your loss.
Sponsored