Experiences with dryers

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does anyone have any experiences with one of these (or a similar model)? It sure seems easier than a towel dry.

https://blocardryer.com/

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I've been using the Adam's version for about a year and it works well. https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-air-cannon-dryer

I like that it hangs on the wall and has a 30' plus hose , rubber tipped nozzle and heated. Upside is that it's touchless - works well on wheels, mirrors, other areas where water collects / hides. Downside is that it takes longer to dry the car and it's expensive. Haven't tried the BLO version.

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Does anyone have any experiences with one of these (or a similar model)? It sure seems easier than a towel dry.

https://blocardryer.com/

Thanks,
Dan
If you don't have PPF on the car then I would say yes this is highly recommended. Most professional details use it as its a touchless way to dry and the drying process is where you get a lot of scratches. The only thing that surprised me w/ the other brand Metro Master Blaster was the air wasn't heated - so in the winter it was hard to use when cold out. This brand may be different. Ammo NYC has great video's on car care. He is the authority in my opinion on how to care for your car and has mentioned this is a good buy.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you don't have PPF on the car then I would say yes this is highly recommended. Most professional details use it as its a touchless way to dry and the drying process is where you get a lot of scratches. The only thing that surprised me w/ the other brand Metro Master Blaster was the air wasn't heated - so in the winter it was hard to use when cold out. This brand may be different. Ammo NYC has great video's on car care. He is the authority in my opinion on how to care for your car and has mentioned this is a good buy.
Are you sure? Mine spits out warm/hot air. Also, the unit requires a 20amp outlet to utilize the full 8hp. Around here, no house has a 20amp outlet ready to go. I've had to install it at every house I've lived at.

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Are you sure? Mine spits out warm/hot air. Also, the unit requires a 20amp outlet to utilize the full 8hp. Around here, no house has a 20amp outlet ready to go. I've had to install it at every house I've lived at.
Really? I didn't know that. Good info. Wouldn't have been able to do that regardless and sold it anyway when I moved.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think it can be a good supplement for the drying regimen, i've had issues with leaf blowers as well taking a lot of time to get totally dry. I would use if more for hard to reach areas and still use a towel with drying agent for larger panels..

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I use my back pack blower 🤷🏼‍♂️ It works really well as well.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This leaf blower will do the job, no cord or hose to get in the way, self contained, moves more water, especially quick for the wheels.

Don't know what the trill is with the Adam style canisters.

Seems like a lot of extra trouble to me, dragging that thing around.
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 8.59.03 PM.png

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I use a Big Boi Blower Pro.

https://ibigboi.com/collections/products/products/blowrpro

g15.jpg

I use this to dry the car by about 95% before following up with a drying towel and drying aid to finish the job. I find it especially useful in getting water out of door jambs, wing mirrors, wheels and grill.

g16.jpg

g17.jpg

g19.jpg

g18.jpg

This sort of drying needs a wax/sealant/ceramic coating to help the process. It may take a few try's to get efficient with this sort of drying, the key is not just chase water around, start high and work the water down. It's also important not to expect a 100% dry car after use, the main aim is remove as much water as possible. This then limits the amount of towel contact with the paint.

Sponsored

5.2 Symphony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norbert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350,
BigBoi MINI+ user here. Even with hot air coming out of the dryer, the drying process is not 100% touch less, but it’s well worth the effort.
Here is what you can expect:

OP
OP
Rubyred17

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I use a Big Boi Blower Pro.

https://ibigboi.com/collections/products/products/blowrpro

g15.jpg

I use this to dry the car by about 95% before following up with a drying towel and drying aid to finish the job. I find it especially useful in getting water out of door jambs, wing mirrors, wheels and grill.

g16.jpg

g17.jpg

g19.jpg

g18.jpg

This sort of drying needs a wax/sealant/ceramic coating to help the process. It may take a few try's to get efficient with this sort of drying, the key is not just chase water around, start high and work the water down. It's also important not to expect a 100% dry car after use, the main aim is remove as much water as possible. This then limits the amount of towel contact with the paint.
This is very helpful- thank you

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
BigBoi MINI+ user here. Even with hot air coming out of the dryer, the drying process is not 100% touch less, but it’s well worth the effort.
Here is what you can expect:

LMAO

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I also have the metrovac and can confirm the unit definitely puts out filtered warm/hot air. So much so that the cone fitting piece broke where it connects to the hose. I'm assuming this was a combination of heat and a stress point but either way I wasn't impressed when I needed a replacement after only a year. And metrovac wants way too much for a replacements hose so I went to a local pool supply store and got a 40 foot hose that's wire reinforced for half the price.
Sponsored