Sponsored

Exhaust Tone just sounds off, any ideas?

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Depends where you got the tune. Mine is from the states.
How should this work on an euro-spec car without issues?
They don't have a GPF in the US-Spec cars!
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
How should this work on an euro-spec car without issues?
They don't have a GPF in the US-Spec cars!
I asked a lot of tuners in the states and they couldnā€™t help because of the euro ecu strategy.
But came across Steve Shrader and he was able to give me a tune based on the euro model specs.
had no issues with the tune. Only the same problems as the other guy with the exhaust sounding off.
I put 95 Ron in it for a few tanks and it now sounds like it used too.

only thing I can think of is 98Ron was advancing the timing too much for the tune?.
thatā€™s the only thing I can think off.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Seems like the tune is not good?
Sucks kind of, if you can then no longer use the available fuel without restriction.
Especially what is that supposed to be, could understand if tuned to 98 octane and you have performance losses with less then, but the other way around makes no sense at all to me?

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Funny that I mentioned fuel quality or changes way back when and got attacked and a lecture on the superior fuel quality in Europe!! šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@Coosawjack
You're getting things mixed up.
If you fill up with RON 98 here, you get at least that or better, if you fill up with RON 95 E10 here, you get at least RON 95 E10 or better (e.g. RON 95 E7).

If the tune can't do anything with the better knock resistance of higher octane fuel, then it's not a fuel problem, but a tune problem.

(Edit: Added RON to specify difference US/EU).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I didn't say problem.......what will your car run on Octane-wise.......87 to 93??

If it will run perfectly well on 93 or less why would throw higher octane in anyway!!

Cold starts bark so loud because for about 30 second it runs retarded timing to light off the cats quickly so running 93 or less octane should be fine and make the proper exhaust sound (I guess).......right??

PS: Cool name "Jens"!!

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
First a note, we specify for the octane number at the gas station here only the RON value, that is different with the US, if I read that correctly on the quick?

He speaks of the fact that he has a tune on it.
That' s usually optimized for RON 98 (US 93.5) here in Europe to get the maximum out of it.
RON 98 (US 93.5) is available at almost all gas stations here.

At least in Germany, fuel with RON 91 (US 87.5) is almost impossible to find.
The most used gasoline is RON 95 (US 91).

main-qimg-9295f7146f1df4bf74dd0af893cde83c-lq.jpg

Last edited:

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Always different languages and or terminology....somehow we need universal standards but for now advanced timing would smooth the exhaust and retarded would sound more bumpy.........maybe that's it??

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Always different languages and or terminology....somehow we need universal standards but for now advanced timing would smooth the exhaust and retarded would sound more bumpy.........maybe that's it??
We have standards - you just need to understand them!

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
We have standards
Would already help if all this nonsense with metric, imperial, etc. would not longer exist, and all would use the same units (I am aware that there are the metric SI units for this purpose).
Even if you think we have it easier starting from the metric system, we have here also still enough what is not expressed in everyday life with SI units, in my environment most often pressures in bar (metric but not SI) and powers in PS (non-metric and different to hp, bhp, kW etc.).

Harmomizing that even further would make a lot of things in the world easier.
You guys on the british isles must have banned the liter from your beer mugs by now, right?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Would already help if all this nonsense with metric, imperial, etc. would not longer exist, and all would use the same units (I am aware that there are the metric SI units for this purpose).
Even if you think we have it easier starting from the metric system, we have here also still enough what is not expressed in everyday life with SI units, in my environment most often pressures in bar (metric but not SI) and powers in PS (non-metric and different to hp, bhp, kW etc.).

Harmomizing that even further would make a lot of things in the world easier.
You guys on the british isles must have banned the liter from your beer mugs by now, right?
Agree.

Beer has only ever been sold in pints here at a pub draught (473ml), but is sold as metric in bottles and cans. It has been this way for years and isn't going to change. There was a stupid suggestion under Boris that we should go back to pounds and ounces for shops but unless you are over 60 you wouldn't have a clue what that is! We will stay metric for that for sure.

Even Germany uses some 'Imperial' measurements though. Car tyre diameters are defined in inches, and yet the rest of the size in metric!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agree.

Beer has only ever been sold in pints here at a pub draught (473ml), but is sold as metric in bottles and cans. It has been this way for years and isn't going to change. There was a stupid suggestion under Boris that we should go back to pounds and ounces for shops but unless you are over 60 you wouldn't have a clue what that is! We will stay metric for that for sure.

Even Germany uses some 'Imperial' measurements though. Car tyre diameters are defined in inches, and yet the rest of the size in metric!
There are always exceptions ā€¦ :giggle:

1668851532375.jpeg

WD :like:

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Definitely think youā€™re on to something here.
I get this issue regardless of fuel I use 95 or 98 Ron. I have also switched tunes and back to stock but it still happens.

only yesterday it was running amazing felt more peppy and the exhaust note sounded crisper.

then today BOOM started the car and once again itā€™s gone back to a dull sound.
No real performance problems but I have noticed that it doesnā€™t feel as smooth in the lower rpmā€™s a little jerky but not much.
When itā€™s smooth itā€™s super smooth and refined.
Scratching my head to what it could be.

been doing some logging and everything is where it should be both when good and bad.

I did think maybe the EVAP solenoid could be failing?.
but Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t be intermittent?. No CEL, no nothing.

cant work it out?.

CJ74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
I think the op probably drinks tea in the morning. Everybody knows with American muscle you have to drink coffee! I do and my gt sounds awesome!! šŸ˜‚
Sponsored