2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you cut your hands more than once on them, you need to take a step back and figure out why you didn’t learn the first time around and what you can do to stop it happening again … :giggle:

I know we shouldn’t have to, but a bit of deburring with the Dremal / some wet n dry and a bit of finishing with a 3M pad eliminates the chance of future cuts and makes them look a bit nicer / more cared for :like:

1652512410993.jpeg

1652512434474.jpeg

WD :like:

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
They are actually dangerous and can slice your hands when cleaning. Be careful.. 👎
That happened to me. I couldn't believe how sharp they are. Definitely learned my lesson. They are a weapon!

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Yeah, that is what I have learned. Mind boggling that Ford went ass backwards on this. I would bet it wasn't an engineering decision, probably some moron in the purchasing department looking for cost savings.

I have a simple solution in the works, should be ready soon.
You don’t want to know the negative changes the “bean counters” have been responsible for over many years and for
nickle and dime changes…often takes place just before going
into production, not during engineering and design.
SVT group had several quick changes get by them. DW

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
I get it on bean counters...wasn't the Pinto fiasco bean counters vs safety/legal?

That being said, check out "A Faster Horse" about the S550 on Amazon Prime. Really well done docu.

At one point an engineer was talking about a $1 cost extra on a part and said it was nothing. The bean counters told him that $1 part added up to $500,000 over the life of production.

I don't hear too many people who complain about the out of the box exhaust note sound. Sure, many will tweak with after market pipes, but comparitively speaking it is pretty awesome sounding OE, so I think they got the important part right.

Yet, I will look for a slip over dress up tip like many of you. It does look raw. Funny that my daughter's 2018 EB has a more finished tip. I guess they had to trim somewhere on the GT. It is starting to pass the affordable sports car limit the Mustang has always been.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The 15-17 wasn't a whole lot better, they sucked too just not as bad. But they cut that, then the second horn, glove box light...etc.
The second horn was temporary, my '19 only had 1 but back to 2 on my '20.

But then they cut 2 ways of adjustability from my passenger seat in the '20...

OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
You don’t want to know the negative changes the “bean counters” have been responsible for over many years and for
nickle and dime changes…often takes place just before going
into production, not during engineering and design.
SVT group had several quick changes get by them. DW
Yup, I spent 33 years fighting the system of relatively ignorant people who were only concerned about the short term. As an engineer who's mission was to build a safe, lasting, reliable, and robust vehicle for the customer I can't describe how strongly stupidity creeps into some of the product decisions.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The second horn was temporary, my '19 only had 1 but back to 2 on my '20.

But then they cut 2 ways of adjustability from my passenger seat in the '20...
I want to believe the horn thing resolved because of all the complaints. The passenger seat was always fore/aft only. My old '96 Mustang had the same nonsense. I was always amazed when a simple Toyota could fold and scoot forward for rear seat access and go back to it's original position but I always had to readjust.
Sponsored