Exhaust tip cleaner?

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What is your guy's go to when it comes to cleaning the exhaust tips on the Mach 1? A quick search just throws so many different products at you from all over. Rather get first hand info from y'all.

InShot_20211021_152927168.jpg
Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No one answer most products are pretty comparable. I'm using liquid metal polish atm cause I got a good deal on it. It works perfectly but is no better or worse than anything else I've used.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I have this in my detail supplies. Havenā€™t used it before so canā€™t give any opinions as to what it does. Thinking about giving it a try though

5F79CB2F-AD16-472F-BA62-2A52242EF50C.png

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The cleaning of exhaust tips seems to be forgotten by many, they will have there car spotless but sooty, carboned up tips letting the side down.

I usually wash them while I'm cleaning the wheels. You can use a wheel cleaner such as Brake Buster to help cut through any stubborn grime if required.

w6.jpg

And yes, clean inside the pipe too!

ww6.jpg

From here, if you feel you need something extra, the P21S Polishing Soap is a great thing to have on hand.

exh3.jpg

To use, wash the tips as normal. While they are still wet, moisten the supplied sponge then wipe it over the polishing soap. Start to scrub the tips, then rinse clean. Unlike a traditional metal polish, the beauty of P21S is that there is no dirty rags at the end of the process, just gloriously clean exhaust tips.

exh4.jpg

exh6.jpg

I have been using P21S for years and can certainly vouch for it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think most metal polishes will do a good job of stainless tips, but in search of something cheap / quick / easy etc I just use a product called T-Cut (not sure if its a global product) :

1634903437282.png

It's an old school chemical and abrasive paint cleaner (never use it on paint you care about though ... lol). It's cheap, dead easy to get hold of (virtually every petrol station and supermarket sells it in the UK) and it dissolves burnt on tar and carbon from stainless tips very quickly and easily.

I only need to use it every few months, once cleaned properly and not missed on the regular wash, the tips seem to stay clean for ages (maybe helped on the euros by nature of the cats / GPF's) :

8334811-D-BC5-A-426-A-9-C58-A06020-DDE00-F.jpg

28476-F58-46-BD-4-B18-B485-E77-A4-C1-A034-B.jpg

I have some fancy metal polishes, but in my experience the tips just don't need them - the product above is half the cost for twice as much :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
The cleaning of exhaust tips seems to be forgotten by many, they will have there car spotless but sooty, carboned up tips letting the side down.

I usually wash them while I'm cleaning the wheels. You can use a wheel cleaner such as Brake Buster to help cut through any stubborn grime if required.

w6.jpg

And yes, clean inside the pipe too!

ww6.jpg

From here, if you feel you need something extra, the P21S Polishing Soap is a great thing to have on hand.

To use, wash the tips as normal. While they are still wet, moisten the supplied sponge then wipe it over the polishing soap. Start to scrub the tips, then rinse clean. Unlike a traditional metal polish, the beauty of P21S is that there is no dirty rags at the end of the process, just gloriously clean exhaust tips.

I have been using P21S for years and can certainly vouch for it.
Is there a specific product you use on your lower valance?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I bought Auto Finesse Mercury Metal Polish, looks like it's pretty similar to P21S.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Is there a specific product you use on your lower valance?
For the unpainted black plastics, I coated them in CarPro DLUX.

IMG-6860.jpg

sep17.jpg

DLUX is a specific Ceramic trim coating that will last up to two years. You can also use CarPro Reload for up to 6 months durability.

Something like 303 Aerospace Protectant is another option I like. This is super easy to apply with a small applicator. It is water based so durability wont be great, applications after every few washes would be recommended.

aug45.jpg
Sponsored