exhaust questions

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
I know this might not be popular, but I want to convert to single exhaust tips instead of quad tips ... I rather have two 5 inch single tips out the back then quad tips and re adjusting them all the time is getting old too. Dont know how I would do it with the lower valance thought, no one makes some sort of block off to just use one exhaust tip, I think my only option is getting a 2018+ ecoboost w/o active exhaust lower rear valance.
Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
You can probably get a square tip?
something along this
46E01875-3492-4F7F-B9E9-0FA0453A9516.jpeg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.....re adjusting them all the time is getting old too......
Help me out here;

Are you talking about some after-market exhaust that you've installed that you keep adjusting the tips on? Or something else?

What are you adjusting? Why?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I know this might not be popular, but I want to convert to single exhaust tips instead of quad tips ... I rather have two 5 inch single tips out the back then quad tips and re adjusting them all the time is getting old too. Dont know how I would do it with the lower valance thought, no one makes some sort of block off to just use one exhaust tip, I think my only option is getting a 2018+ ecoboost w/o active exhaust lower rear valance.

That sounds like a whole lot of trouble and backward. What exactly is the problem, let's see a picture,

Is this active exhaust or after-market axel back muffler & tail pipe assembly

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grayghostcoyote

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
just not a fan of quad tips, rather just have single tips come out the back ...but with the lower valance set up for quad tips I didnt know if there was an aftermarket piece to put in that area so its just a single opening for the tips like the 15-17 models or even the new 18-23 eco boost's. My exhaust now is pretty much a 15-17 exhaust system they just sell it with single tips for 15-17 and off set quad tips(corsa style) for the 18+ .... I know they used to make block off plates for the 15-17 models to block off the exhaust openings in the rear valance but they dont make anything for the 18+

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I always like this look vs. round or quad euro looking tips.
0128A34C-3C90-4283-8A72-39EBBA143153.jpeg
That looks good. Iā€™m thinking when I get an aftermarket taking it and having a square tip put on. It just looks really clean.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So I did some research and you can get the Flowmaster part number 817823 Outlaw Series Axle Back. It comes single tip and Iā€™m sure you can cut the tips off and add a rectangular tip that will fit in the cut out already there.
Good luck

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So I did some research and you can get the Flowmaster part number 817823 Outlaw Series Axle Back. It comes single tip and Iā€™m sure you can cut the tips off and add a rectangular tip that will fit in the cut out already there.
Good luck
And all the drone the op can handle too with those šŸ˜

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
And all the drone the op can handle too with those šŸ˜
If you keep the stock resonator it wonā€™t drone. Even at highway speeds. I for one donā€™t care about drone. To me is the price you pay for a healthy sounding car you should ride in my GTO šŸ˜‚šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

OP
OP
Grayghostcoyote

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
i feel the same way, I donā€™t care about droneā€¦ as long as the car sounds bad assā€¦. If passengers donā€™t like the drone all well drive your self lol
Sponsored