Exhaust Note Video List - Summarized in First Post

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I found a very pleasant surprise with the CJ Pony Magnaflow X resonator delete combined with the Mishimoto racing axel back, which I was afraid may be a little loud.
But it turned out to be an excellent deep tone. No drone, nice and loud when you go wide open throttle but very pleasant only slightly louder than stock when just cruising. Excellent burble when letting off the throttle.

If your having drone issues, the Magnaflow X resonator delete will get rid of it. I originally had an H pipe, with the Mishimoto GT Pro Axle back which sounded excellent but had way too much drone at highway cruising. I replaced the H-pipe with the magnaflow X resonator delete and it was nice but a little too quiet. The X and race hit the perfect tone and loudness for my taste.

Cheers to everyone and good luck finding your sound!
Sponsored

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Here is a small sample of the Magnaflow resonated Tru-X pipe with MBRP pro series muffler deletes for the 2018 mustang. This is a cold start only. I will attempt to have videos of it running on the road soon.

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
If you want loud!

If you want extremely loud then go with mbrp muffler delete, and resonator delete. Not for the faint at heart!

Have a video but it won't let me update the file :(

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Completed my custom setup this weekend. 2.5" X pipe into a magnaflow resonated X. Effectively a double x pipe. Rear consists of a muffler delete with dynomax mini bullets (will likely be getting replaced with a different resonator) Still very much a work in progress but it has potential. Only a small amount of drone (not intrusive IMO) in the 2-2.25k RPM range.

Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Completed my custom setup this weekend. 2.5" X pipe into a magnaflow resonated X. Effectively a double x pipe. Rear consists of a muffler delete with dynomax mini bullets (will likely be getting replaced with a different resonator) Still very much a work in progress but it has potential. Only a small amount of drone (not intrusive IMO) in the 2-2.25k RPM range.

Hmm, I've got the magnaflow x with the mishimoto racing axel back aka muffler delete and the sound is perfect ... loud enough but not too loud. I'm thinking the double x may be to mild? what are your thoughts now that it's installed?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hmm, I've got the magnaflow x with the mishimoto racing axel back aka muffler delete and the sound is perfect ... loud enough but not too loud. I'm thinking the double x may be to mild? what are your thoughts now that it's installed?
Personally I think it's great. The double x doesn't do much to volume but it gives the 5.0 a more racy tone as you go up in RPM. It's a smoother yet more aggressive sounding tone (if that makes any sense) then a standard x.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
how are ya doing the double x? just welding in a 2.5 x pipe at the rear?

EvilleGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My Kooks axle-back, stock headers/cats/resonator. '16 GT.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Kooks headers and Corsa Extreme

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
2018 Mustang GT with Pypes Off-Road Long Tubes and stock (non-active) Ford catback. True cold start in 40 degrees.

And a warm start video with a quick throttle blip.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
MBRP Pro Race on 2018 GT, just some revs

Would love for a drive-by / WOT video. I love the new 2018+ mbrp race tone but it seems like it’s on the verge of being obnoxiously loud. Can’t seem to find any wot videos online, just idle revving

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Are there any videos of a stock 15-18 GT with just the Ford Performance X-Pipe (stock axle-back)?
Sponsored