Sponsored

Exhaust MyMode Question

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
To be clear, you get the 'shotgun' style bangs when you shift at higher rpm (like 4800-5200+) when in MyMode?
Nope. So you're talking about a different thing then; sorry. I don't want any more 'bangs', so I'm happy the way it is now :). I'm just out of break-in, so haven't driven aggressively yet. I'll try both modes that way in the future, but makes sense; Porsches are the same way, adding more fuel on decel in sport mode (it was a little obnoxious IMO). My PDK Porsche also 'banged' on high-rpm up-shifts in sport mode; that sounded awesome. The GTR did that too.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The pops and bangs are from different settings in the tune with sport+ drive mode. Its nothing to do with the exhaust setting really, that just let's you hear it more

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
As oddly it sounds, the OP is right: I replicated the Sport+ mode in MyMode and the car sounds different, in the stock Sport+ mode there's much more pops and crackles and it seems louder (I can't bet on this because I didn't tried to measure it scientifically), so the Sport+ settings has something that cannot be saved in "My Mode" and it looks strange to me.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As oddly it sounds, the OP is right: I replicated the Sport+ mode in MyMode and the car sounds different, in the stock Sport+ mode there's much more pops and crackles and it seems louder (I can't bet on this because I didn't tried to measure it scientifically), so the Sport+ settings has something that cannot be saved in "My Mode" and it looks strange to me.
It's because MyMode is designed to let you set the various vehicle configurations the way you want them. What it cannot do is save the default drive mode to Sport+, which is what's causing the extra pops and crackles. Sport+ is activating differences in how the PCM controls cam advance and fuel cut off to create the extra pops.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Gotcha.. I thought that with MyMode I could replicate any of the default settings combinations... so I could use (in example) the Sport+ settings, but with Normal wheel (soft) settings... that makes more sense to me.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I 'think' the dash/drive mode you have selected will also effect the throttle response and tune. So assuming you have the dash in normal mode when saving the my profile, it may be the issue. If you have it in Sport+ or Track/Drag (my favorite dash modes) it may do what you are expecting.

I have 'My Mode' set as a stealth mode.

Drag Dash
Comfort Steering
Quiet mode exhaust
LC off
TC on

I like this mode, lets you hear the mechanical symphony of the motor and intake and has a subdued but still great sounding exhaust note. Can you tell I drove an M3 for 20 years prior to this? lol. I live in the Metro DC area, and though the exhaust note on sport or track is intoxicating, it also advertises you are having too much fun and I'd rather not call too much attention from the men in blue.

I mostly drove in standard steering until the Steeda bracing but find the comfort best overall as the steering is sharper with the bracing. Normal feels like sport used to, and sport is too sharp for normal driving.

Quick question on the suspension. I went for a standard suspension as on my albeit limited test drive and 20 minutes of playing decided against the Magnaride as I could not find a setting to adjust or shut it off. I don't regret not getting it, and 5 years from now when a damper needs replacing my wallet will be happier. Though if there was a toggle or menu option to select suspension mode, I may have ended up with the Magnaride.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Not the case.. In Sport+ i can save MyMode as is, even without changing the steering wheel settings, and the sound is different.
As for the suspension, I always drive with Magneride on Sport/Track, the soft settings is too soft for my driving style (while it's very comfortable on some roads here I must admit).

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sport+ settings has something that cannot be saved in "My Mode"
I think some folks are confusing sport exhaust with sport driving mode. The exhaust valves open exactly the same way in sport driving mode, than in normal mode with MyMode. Only if you select sport driving mode you apparently get the extra racket... which I don't like :). Didn't try it today because the wife objects to the harder suspension.

I went for a 350-mile mountain trip today, and I agree quiet mode sounds great too. Very refined, and still awesome. I wasn't being super smooth with downshifts because I wasn't hearing the engine enough; that was the only drawback. In sport (or even normal), I can hear the engine perfectly, so my throttle-blip downshifts are butter smooth :).

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I know.. I'm saying that you (apparently) cannot have the Sport+ driving mode (ECU mapping) saved in the MyMode settings, so you cannot have Sport+ with (in example) the soft steering wheel stored there.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can save any mode you want in MyMode, but there are restrictions on what you can change. You cannot choose comfort steering on sport mode indeed. By the way, yesterday noticed another bad side of MyMode: If you're in that mode, and change something temporarily (I switched from sport to quiet exhaust), it 'saves' it, even without holding the OK button. Kind of annoying.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You can save any mode you want in MyMode, but there are restrictions on what you can change. You cannot choose comfort steering on sport mode indeed. By the way, yesterday noticed another bad side of MyMode: If you're in that mode, and change something temporarily (I switched from sport to quiet exhaust), it 'saves' it, even without holding the OK button. Kind of annoying.
That probably explains why this morning I decided to check MyMode settings and noticed the exhaust was on Normal (I'd saved it as Sport+ exhaust months back) ... that is annoying.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can't choose comfort steering with the sport+ driving mode, period. So you obviously can't do it in MyMode either. I haven't tried it, but I'm almost sure you can save any driving mode you want in MyMode. You just can't choose anything you want; it has restrictions.

OP
OP
AaronTV

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation
All the comments together seem to confirm that I can't have the combo I want (sounds of sport+ with the suspension of normal). Oh well, at least it's not because something is broken on my car!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep; you can't have everything in life. Ha ha. I wanted sport driving mode (mostly for the throttle mapping), normal suspension, and comfort steering. So had to settle for normal driving mode, sport exhaust, and comfort steering. I actually like the exhaust sound better that way, but gave up throttle mapping, which is lethargic... so rev-match is doing throttle-blip duty when in MyMode :).

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
You can save any mode you want in MyMode
No you can't, you can't save Sport+ in MyMode, neither by changing the wheel mode, if you try to "copycat" the whole Sport+ mode in MyMode, the map is different and the car sounds different.
Sponsored