Long tube headers

s550connor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt
I recently bought a pair of kooks catless long tube headers a few days ago. I didn’t buy the connection pipes because I didn’t want to drop an extra $800. Do I absolutely need them or can I buy the connection adapters from lethal performance or kooks website? I currently have steeda’s h pipe.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you'll need something to go from the headers to the factory connection point, especially on kooks since they are mid length

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Any competent exhaust shop should be able to make the connection pipes.
Although with the EPA Bull S you might have to take the tag off and have the car towed to the shop, then claim it is off road only.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I can sell you the ones that came with mine. Being that I also got the kooks exhaust, I didn't need the step downs

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Do I absolutely need them
Yes unless you are ok with running open header. There's a gap of a few feet between where the header collector is and the factory catback connection is. You can always have an exhaust shop fab those up custom rather than spending the money on the pipes from Kooks.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
How much would you sell them for?
I have the 2 90* elbows that attach the headers to the oe exhaust. But when I looked up the price they are no where $800 so I'm thinking we might be talking about different parts.

OP
OP
s550connor

s550connor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt
Yes unless you are ok with running open header. There's a gap of a few feet between where the header collector is and the factory catback connection is. You can always have an exhaust shop fab those up custom rather than spending the money on the pipes from Kooks.
Okay perfect thanks
Sponsored