EV's.......... 😂😂😂😂😂

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Now when you have 6 million fast chargers all going at once..................
Hello; I get what you have been posting for a long while. I do not think the less experienced with electricity and no experience with high demand use of electricity have much of a clue. For the sorts of things most of us use in a home there most always seems to be enough electricity all the time.

A poor analogy but one many can understand might be daily commuter traffic jams. Both the problems of lots of commuter traffic and the lack of a solution have been around for decades. The same sort of agencies that do the roads will be doing the electric grid. Too many people trying to use the roads at the same time.
I avoid Knoxville TN and Lafollette TN between 3 & 5 pm weekdays if at all possible. Funny thing is back in the 1960's when a main road into Knoxville was only two lanes there was bumper to bumper traffic often. Now those same roads are four or even more lanes, yet still bumper to bumper often. Even the interstates I-75/I-40 thru town often slow to a crawl.
Sponsored

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
People aren't interested in renting. That's an expense and hassle that people aren't interested in dealing with. They want to jump in their car and hit the road, not fuck around for hours added to their trip on both ends.

Plus there's the fact that people that don't live in a single family home can't use an EV. I would guess such people represent a majority of this country's vehicle owning population.
nearly 50 million cars rented in USA last year. yes I agree it‘s quite hard to fill out 5 mins of paperwork online and pick up our car in less than 5 mins and when you drop it off in less than 5 mins dont talk to anyone. But I guess you haven’t rented a car for a while So I understand your angle. And hey I agree it’s a fuck around to do so but it can work For some people.

I apologise my bad , with a 65% home ownership rate in America it will never work.

as I said from the start……. All this is fairytale stuff with out huge amounts of power.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
nearly 50 million cars rented in USA last year. yes I agree it‘s quite hard to fill out 5 mins of paperwork online and pick up our car in less than 5 mins and when you drop it off in less than 5 mins dont talk to anyone. But I guess you haven’t rented a car for a while So I understand your angle. And hey I agree it’s a fuck around to do so but it can work For some people.

I apologise my bad , with a 65% home ownership rate in America it will never work.

as I said from the start……. All this is fairytale stuff with out huge amounts of power.
I've rented probably a dozen or so cars. The last time, they tried to stick me with damages to the car someone else had done. And no, it's not 5 minutes. At least 30 in reality land. Gotta wait for the next employee to be available, then go outside and inspect the car together, then go back inside and sign crap and run a card.......and all that crap has to be done again when you drop the vehicle off.

And how do you get there? Uber? A cab? How do you get home when you're done with the rental and drop it off? And why would I go through all that tomfuckery rather than just own my own ICE car?

Not sure how you've determined 65% home ownership rate, but that's not single family homes, it's counting condos and such. There's about 80 million single family homes, those are the people that can run EVs.

Yes, power is the real issue.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If its going to work its battery advancement that will allow it IMHO
Or figuring out how to maintain the chargers located diffusely across the country. Non functional chargers really p+sses people off.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Or figuring out how to maintain the chargers located diffusely across the country. Non functional chargers really p+sses people off.
The struggle is real, the infrastructure is complete garbage. Had to help someone charge their car, went to different charging stations they were either FULL with a line of cars or the damn machine wasnt working. Good lord if you going to mass produce electrics at least make the stations more available and user friendly. I can drive up to any gas pump and fill up without even thinking about it.

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
I've rented probably a dozen or so cars. The last time, they tried to stick me with damages to the car someone else had done. And no, it's not 5 minutes. At least 30 in reality land. Gotta wait for the next employee to be available, then go outside and inspect the car together, then go back inside and sign crap and run a card.......and all that crap has to be done again when you drop the vehicle off.

And how do you get there? Uber? A cab? How do you get home when you're done with the rental and drop it off? And why would I go through all that tomfuckery rather than just own my own ICE car?

Not sure how you've determined 65% home ownership rate, but that's not single family homes, it's counting condos and such. There's about 80 million single family homes, those are the people that can run EVs.

Yes, power is the real issue.

here is a link for you. 83% is around 117million. Yep. A shit tonne of power

https://www.thehivelaw.com/blog/how-many-houses-are-in-the-us/

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
That's including things like condos and such. You have to look at the number of single family homes. It's about 82 million. People in condos and such can't charge vehicles.
KK. it’s on the 2nd page…. Clear as mud. Single family homes makes up 83.4%. that’s why I did the math on 140 million.

relax and go out for a drive In ya mustang man. :rockon::sunglasses: Don’t get triggered over EV’s haha. Some people like them some people don’t that’s cool. I totally agree there are many problems , some stack up , some don’t. no doubt they are here to stay and continue to grow. How quick it happens who the fuck knows , that could be 25 years ( hopefully)
we are an island here in OZ , who manufacture nothing…and zero cars.
So in time the government will simply stop importing ICE vehicles , and a large % of our population are happy with that And policies already in place for that To slowly happen. Where they will get power from who knows. All our coal plants are very close to retirement. Wind and solar ain’t going to take up the slack any time soon. very Big mess we are in.

Its 100% the reason I brought a mustang , as I want to enjoy driving a V8 on the road until our draconian laws in Australia won’t allow us too. And then I guess it will be just a track car Or club rego will most likely be the option.

FFS our government is yelling from the roof tops about net zero and yet 85% of our electricity is coal….. we dig up coal , 95% of it Sent OS to burn to make electricity haha. But we don’t burn it so that’s not our CO2 Or pollution. We are only wealthy because we survive on digging shit up.
no amount of electric cars is going to offset that.

something that might interest some.
we where at roll racing ( on track) and there was a guy who was racing a 1500hp ( I think) skyline. Called BLKRICE. it lifts front wheels on a roll so it has plenty.
one of his mates rolled up in a EV6 GT.… which I’ve never seen before but I was pretty impressed as it didn’t loose a race until the semi’s against 1000hp+ cars , and it only lost by fuck all.

Raced all night and drove home. He did have it plugged in charging in between rounds.
cars where catching him on the line , but his launch and mid track where pretty epic on cheese cutter street tyres. love them or hat them EV’s are getting pretty good.

IMG_1051.jpeg

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
That's hysterical, because California is already telling people NOT to charge their cars, because they don't have the electrical power.

California is the last place that can afford more EVs on the road.
Yeah - Governor Newsom calls us every night and instructs us to not charge the Mach-E.

Now that you mention it, I am pedaling on my generator bike so I have power to contribute to this inane thread.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
That's hysterical, because California is already telling people NOT to charge their cars, because they don't have the electrical power.

California is the last place that can afford more EVs on the road.
Germany's following suit btw. I remember reading an article a few days back about the electricity companies reducing delivery to avoid grid overload for those that charge their cars at home 😄

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah - Governor Newsom calls us every night and instructs us to not charge the Mach-E.

Now that you mention it, I am pedaling on my generator bike so I have power to contribute to this inane thread.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/prakas...tchover-to-electric-vehicles/?sh=6d17b90c5671

https://fortune.com/2022/09/01/california-electric-cars-charge-newsom/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/us/california-heat-wave-flex-alert-ac-ev-charging.html

Plus the fact that Californistan gets most of it's electrical power from other states. It's a massive electrical power importer.

California; always a parasite on the rest of the country.