EU Mach 1 Speculation

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
It’s for this reason I think the tremec will be a no show on export cars. The ford dealers and most customers will just see it as a 6 speed manual, not a better 6 speed manual from a halo model car we never had officially imported anyway (gt350)... ie the tremec holds no USP for 99% of export customers.
We will see, but I think you may be wrong. I think the Mach1 itself hold "no USP" for 99% of export customers, so they will just get the base Mustang. For the 1% the Mach1 is something interesting, I think they'll care a lot.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I’m wrong too. But your post above says it all. Only 1% of export buyers would be interested in the Mach 1 as we have no mustang heritage here. Hence you could capture maybe 0.5 % by simply putting Mach 1 stickers and badges on a stock export gt and make more unit profit on these sales than you would if you filled it with expensive non ford parts like tremec and torsen bits

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think you underestimate the appeal of the Mach 1 in Europe. Sure, there are many S550 owners that are new to Mustangs and don't know of its heritage.........but there are many, many Mustang enthusiasts here that are all to well aware of it's place in Mustang's history.

The Bullitt proves the Mustangs heritage sells here. Mach 1 will do well.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I think you underestimate the appeal of the Mach 1 in Europe. Sure, there are many S550 owners that are new to Mustangs and don't know of its heritage.........but there are many, many Mustang enthusiasts here that are all to well aware of it's place in Mustang's history.

The Bullitt proves the Mustangs heritage sells here. Mach 1 will do well.
I know of a T5 Mach 1 here in the states that was sold in Germany in 72, sold around for a few years, then was imported back to the states by the 5th owner and bought back by the 2nd owner.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A 72 red Mach 1 was the first mustang i ever saw back in the late 70's and that got me hooked on American muscle even though i couldn't afford anything near one.If the Mach 1 comes to the UK even in its basic form i would be up for getting one.

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I am really curious, can some please show some documents on that the A10 does not have the Torsen and please no reference to e.g. CJ pony parts. It would be good to know.

The gauges are useless more or less and the strut tower brace can be purchased for 250-300 EUR

If the Mach 1 does not come with the tremec and coolers etc (apart from the HP package) I don't hink they will sell one single car in Europe
We have been through this before in another thread and there is plenty of evidence out there. No EU, UK or other export model Mustang gets a Torsen. Doesn't matter if it's an auto, manual, Ecoboost, GT, Bullitt, 55 Edition, etc. The diff is the same. Too many type and CO2 registration rules required for Ford to offer as many different options on the Mustang over here as they do in the US, and the client knows no difference here.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know this and still we have no document stating that the A10 in the 18+ does not have the Torsen-diff.

It would be nice to see any type of documentation stating if it has Torsen or not

We have been through this before in another thread and there is plenty of evidence out there. No EU, UK or other export model Mustang gets a Torsen. Doesn't matter if it's an auto, manual, Ecoboost, GT, Bullitt, 55 Edition, etc. The diff is the same. Too many type and CO2 registration rules required for Ford to offer as many different options on the Mustang over here as they do in the US, and the client knows no difference here.

Last edited:

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Take a look at the tag/ sticker on the differential it says 3.55L and not 3.55T. L stands for limited slip and T for torsen. I now there are pictures somewere in the forum, i just couldnt find it. Maybe somewone with better luck and paciance could.

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
If the eu version mach 1 has all the Bells and wissels, 3.55torsen, and trackpack performance maped Auto transmission, yes Auto it is, its fun to rev the gears in the bullitt but i miss the Auto. I wil give both auto and manual a test drive and diside after that. Afterall the Tremec are the topdog compared to a MT82D4

Last edited:

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Wait a minute, forget about the HPackage, if we are not getting the Tremec this is nonsense....

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Wait a minute, forget about the HPackage, if we are not getting the Tremec this is nonsense....
I hope that we get both the auto and the tremec in eu :fingerscrossed:, i will take both for a spin then i diside wich one are the best for me. I realy hope that EU regulations and so on dont F..K this up. A car dealer that i shat with didnt yet now if the Mach 1 will launch in Sweden/EU. We shall wait and se.
Sponsored