WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
120 mm pulley?
I’ve used both the 110mm and 120mm off and on. Just lots of power, heat, and load. I also broke the input trying to go into an OD gear going wot so I think that was the achilles heel, but it can happen at any time.
Sponsored

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey guys, I have a question about cats with the ESS kit. I know cats with boost is bad. But at what horsepower level would you absolutely positively need to go catless? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I have a question about cats with the ESS kit. I know cats with boost is bad. But at what horsepower level would you absolutely positively need to go catless? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.
I'm catless now. I'd say any boost level you are risking overheating them.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I think it really depends more on how you drive it. If you are constantly flogging it, with long WOT pulls, and certainly drag or road racing you will melt them. If you are just doing occasional rips on a back road or short pulls on a highway but otherwise just driving normal, the cats will probably last quite a while

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Is there a reason why most that have to run with cats don't use boost activated dumps? Because that's what I was planning if I move out of my state. If I stay here then catless it will be since we don't have inspections here.

Sponsored

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think it really depends more on how you drive it. If you are constantly flogging it, with long WOT pulls, and certainly drag or road racing you will melt them. If you are just doing occasional rips on a back road or short pulls on a highway but otherwise just driving normal, the cats will probably last quite a while
Yes, it’s taking it to the dragstrip once or twice a year. Occasional polls here and there otherwise just normal driving on the highway. I don’t beat on the car.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
IMG_2023.jpeg

650rwhp and 530ftlbs

anyone else seeing over 500ftlbs on 93 pump gas?
Stock cats seem to be best from what i hear. Green cats are great but also only last a few years. Anything else i hear they melt and fail often, sometimes even take motors with them.

However it depends how much power you make. Max hp e85 build wont work with cats well, but a chill 93 build easily supports even stock cats, it will be up to the tuner of your choice to tune well and keep cat protection protocol in it which adds fuel to cool the exhaust gas which cools cats down when you run wot and get hot, however if you plan on driving on a track for a long time then the cats probably wont last long, daily driving style should easily handle cats. However, the question becomes why keep the cats? If you have inspections, you can knock the cats out and put catted extensions on, or go to a guy who will pass it if it passes obd2 checks, im catless with catted o2 extensions and i never throw a code, no issues inspecting in ny

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Stock cats seem to be best from what i hear. Green cats are great but also only last a few years. Anything else i hear they melt and fail often, sometimes even take motors with them.

However it depends how much power you make. Max hp e85 build wont work with cats well, but a chill 93 build easily supports even stock cats, it will be up to the tuner of your choice to tune well and keep cat protection protocol in it which adds fuel to cool the exhaust gas which cools cats down when you run wot and get hot, however if you plan on driving on a track for a long time then the cats probably wont last long, daily driving style should easily handle cats. However, the question becomes why keep the cats? If you have inspections, you can knock the cats out and put catted extensions on, or go to a guy who will pass it if it passes obd2 checks, im catless with catted o2 extensions and i never throw a code, no issues inspecting in ny
I am 93 pump now on a 120 mm pulley. I plan on getting a fuel system and doing E probably gonna be pushing close to 800-850 maybe a 110 mm may be a 105 mm just debating long tubes catless long tubes with cats or cat deletes

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Why even continplate running stock cats on on a 5.0 boosted engine. Why would you take that chance after spending so much money on boost. Put GT500 cats on it if nothing else. Good luck

Sponsored

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Why even continplate running stock cats on on a 5.0 boosted engine. Why would you take that chance after spending so much money on boost. Put GT500 cats on it if nothing else. Good luck
I don’t want the car any louder than it is. That is the main reason I don’t want to do long tubes, but I might at least do a cat delete.

2004mustanggt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
On E through a 10R80 what horsepower to the rear wheels should a 110 pulley make?

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
I don’t want the car any louder than it is. That is the main reason I don’t want to do long tubes, but I might at least do a cat delete.
Long tubes catless vs cat deletes are only a minimal difference. If you want to stay at a catback level, no option involving headers stock or upgraded is for you. I didnt want an explosive exhaust, so i have catless kooks 1 7/8” going to a borla touring, was very tame, this might work nice for you. Still loud, but very tame. I have since replaced the resonated h pipe for an x pipe and am very happy, its loud as hell, but its also not hear me 3 states down super crazy loud

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Stock cats are proven to last the longest against any aftermarket cat, except for green cats which i believe cost 2000$, plus headers. hard to say if the price is worth the product. Im not sure gow good gt500 cats are, but its moreso about the cat protection protocol that is a deciding factor, as it pulls alot of power for cooling after for some people even one full gear, as in 3rd is fine and then by the time you get to 4th it is reducing power by adding fueling for cooling exhaust temps. If youre catless like me, ya just never deal with any reductions except for knocking

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
On E through a 10R80 what horsepower to the rear wheels should a 110 pulley make?
I believe mid to upper 700s is a good target. I was told by my tuner that on my manual I’d be upper 700s potentially low 800s on a happy Dyno.
Sponsored