Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This thread has peeked my interest. :)

Sorry I am yet to read all 157 pages of what seems like great info but I'll try soon lol but I did have some questions which I bet people have already covered multiple times so I do apologise for wasting anyone's time.

1. The install guide says "We recommend Ford LU47 injectors for standard setups on pump fuel." I'm guessing this is the part they refer to in the drop-down list M-9593-LU47. Are these a straight swap?
  2. The install guide says "We recommend Ford Racing spark plugs part #M-12405-M50A." Which is this part M-12405-M50A. Anyone know if there is an NGK equivalent as I'd probably have more joy picking up NGK plugs over here.
  3. If I were to opt for the G2 kit with the 125mm (7psi) pulley, can I keep the standard fuel pump?
  4. Being in the UK it is a struggle to find tuners knowledgeable on the Mustang. Would Lund or Wengerd be able to help out with a tune? I have an SCT X4 handset but I've not asked them if that can be used / is possible to work with.
Thanks.
Sponsored

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This thread has peeked my interest. :)

Sorry I am yet to read all 157 pages of what seems like great info but I'll try soon lol but I did have some questions which I bet people have already covered multiple times so I do apologise for wasting anyone's time.

1. The install guide says "We recommend Ford LU47 injectors for standard setups on pump fuel." I'm guessing this is the part they refer to in the drop-down list M-9593-LU47. Are these a straight swap?
  2. The install guide says "We recommend Ford Racing spark plugs part #M-12405-M50A." Which is this part M-12405-M50A. Anyone know if there is an NGK equivalent as I'd probably have more joy picking up NGK plugs over here.
  3. If I were to opt for the G2 kit with the 125mm (7psi) pulley, can I keep the standard fuel pump?
  4. Being in the UK it is a struggle to find tuners knowledgeable on the Mustang. Would Lund or Wengerd be able to help out with a tune? I have an SCT X4 handset but I've not asked them if that can be used / is possible to work with.
Thanks.
1. Should be a straight swap.
2. NGK 6510s (donā€™t have full product number)
3. Yes with a BAP
4. Both can remote tune but would need an RTD+ and necessary credits. Not many big tuners still use SCT but there are a few out there

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
1. Should be a straight swap.
2. NGK 6510s (donā€™t have full product number)
3. Yes with a BAP
4. Both can remote tune but would need an RTD+ and necessary credits. Not many big tuners still use SCT but there are a few out there
Hey, that's awesome thanks. I'll enquire with Lund and Wengerd.

I had to Google what a BAP is. šŸ˜ So it just helps hold the pressure to the standard pump. Any recommendations on what I'd need and where to buy from? I have zero booster pump knowledge. Any fitment guides?

Thanks.

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
Hey, that's awesome thanks. I'll enquire with Lund and Wengerd.

I had to Google what a BAP is. šŸ˜ So it just helps hold the pressure to the standard pump. Any recommendations on what I'd need and where to buy from? I have zero booster pump knowledge. Any fitment guides?

Thanks.
People seem to like the Vortech BAP. I know there's an option on the ESS website to get the DW415, but I've heard mixed reviews and it seems like the BAP is enough.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
People seem to like the Vortech BAP. I know there's an option on the ESS website to get the DW415, but I've heard mixed reviews and it seems like the BAP is enough.
Vortech BAP. Thank you. I'll take a peek. :like:

Edit: Looks like the Vortech offering says 2015-2018 models only.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
17' GT PP, 16' 2SS, 96' C4 LT4
Vortech BAP. Thank you. I'll take a peek. :like:

Edit: Looks like the Vortech offering says 2015-2018 models only.
Lethal performance offers one for newer model years. Check their website lethalperformance.com

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I tried to find a heat range 8 plug unsuccessfully after reading some negative reviews of the Denso ITV24. I ended up going with the NGK Ruthenium plugs in a heat range 7 mostly because they come gapped pretty close to perfect while the 6510s need to be gapped lower by .016"

https://www.ngk.com/ngk-95605-ltr7bhx-ruthenium-hx-plug

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I tried to find a heat range 8 plug unsuccessfully after reading some negative reviews of the Denso ITV24. I ended up going with the NGK Ruthenium plugs in a heat range 7 mostly because they come gapped pretty close to perfect while the 6510s need to be gapped lower by .016"

https://www.ngk.com/ngk-95605-ltr7bhx-ruthenium-hx-plug
https://www.ngk.com/ngk-95822-iltr7n8-laser-iridium-spark-plug

Here's another ngk option. I just switched to these a few thousand miles ago. Hoping to get a little more life out of them compared to the 6510s. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have read the majority of the thread but want some thoughts on a safe/reliable build? This is my weekend car that I cruise around in the mountains (no need to be the fastest) and want to be around 650 hp. I just want more fun with dependability. I will be using 91 octane. Below are 2 options what are your thoughts?

Option 1
G3
125mm pulley
ID1050 injectors
BAP
NGK Plugs

Option 2
G2
G3 intercooler
120mm pulley
ID1050 injectors
BAP
NGK Plugs

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I have read the majority of the thread but want some thoughts on a safe/reliable build? This is my weekend car that I cruise around in the mountains (no need to be the fastest) and want to be around 650 hp. I just want more fun with dependability. I will be using 91 octane. Below are 2 options what are your thoughts?

Option 1
G3
125mm pulley
ID1050 injectors
BAP
NGK Plugs

Option 2
G2
G3 intercooler
120mm pulley
ID1050 injectors
BAP
NGK Plugs
Skip the id1050 injectors and get a set of Ford LU47s or 56lb gt500 (60mm long ones) injectors. That should be all you need, unless you plan for e85 at some point. The G3 will give you a bit of room to grow, but the G2 should get you close to your goal as well.
Sponsored