Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes sir, that's what I was remembering about your set up, but I thought I had seen you looking for 1000cc injectors here not too long ago, but I couldn't remember where the injector started to fall short.
I was looking for some larger injectors and I got some. I wanted to replicate Shawn's 994 number on the 100mm. I switched to e85 larger injectors larger rails larger feed line. No fuel restrictions possible. The car made 893 which is about 15 more than on the previous setup with smaller injectors, stock rails, lu47s, dw400 and bap. I personally think lu47s could do e85 and make over 950 wheel with the proper boost. Long story short though. I don't see the benefit in upgrading anything other than the fuel pump unless you are reaching for 4 digits.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I was looking for some larger injectors and I got some. I wanted to replicate Shawn's 994 number on the 100mm. I switched to e85 larger injectors larger rails larger feed line. No fuel restrictions possible. The car only made 893 which is about 15 more than on the previous setup with smaller injectors, stock rails, lu47s, dw400 and bap. I personally think lu47s could do e85 and make over 950 wheel with the proper boost. Long story short though. I don't see the benefit in upgrading anything other than the fuel pump unless you are reaching for 4 digits.
I think it also depends on what DI/PI blend ratio you use which can dictate how far you can push the low side lu47's. Don't hold my feet to the fire on this, but I think Lund does some proprietary things in their boosted tuning in regards to the low pressure side of things where they may lean more on the port side than the DI side. I unfortunately can not see the blend ratio on my tune because of how the nguage is set up. This may only be necessary for much higher horsepower applications, but it may trickle down to all boosted set ups... not 100% sure.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
The issues is I’m a gen2 coyote, so, idk if any fuel delivery differences may affect the whole picture.

my plans are ess g2, bigger g3 intercooler, 115 pulley on 93. My car has +18 IM, mak cat deletes and LU47.

i just bought the dw400 but I’m ok adding a bap to the new pump if i have to. I’m aiming for 700 whp

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think it also depends on what DI/PI blend ratio you use which can dictate how far you can push the low side lu47's. Don't hold my feet to the fire on this, but I think Lund does some proprietary things in their boosted tuning in regards to the low pressure side of things where they may lean more on the port side than the DI side. I unfortunately can not see the blend ratio on my tune because of how the nguage is set up. This may only be necessary for much higher horsepower applications, but it may trickle down to all boosted set ups... not 100% sure.
I'm not really sure why you'd want to lean on the port side since di is more efficient and the di system in the s550 is overkill for what it needed to be. But I do hear what youre saying and you very well could be right. I'm somewhere around 50% di/pi

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Quick question for anyone that can help
When filling ess supercharger up, do you check with dip stick screwed all way in or just place on top and check?also how much to fill on a g2 typically. ?
Thanks
Dipstick screwed all the way in and about 2/3 of a bottle

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The issues is I’m a gen2 coyote, so, idk if any fuel delivery differences may affect the whole picture.

my plans are ess g2, bigger g3 intercooler, 115 pulley on 93. My car has +18 IM, mak cat deletes and LU47.

i just bought the dw400 but I’m ok adding a bap to the new pump if i have to. I’m aiming for 700 whp
I would add the bap if you can.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I'm not really sure why you'd want to lean on the port side since di is more efficient and the di system in the s550 is overkill for what it needed to be. But I do hear what youre saying and you very well could be right. I'm somewhere around 50% di/pi
Fuel will cool down the air charge helping with detonation. This happens with both the PI and DI, the DI can just do it much closer to the time ignition events occur.

When you are using a fuel that has suffecient octane and you aren't worried about detonation just performance, The DI will help VE when used in the middle of the intake stroke, but starts hurting VE if its continued to be used into the compression stroke. It has to do with the volume of a dry air charge vs wet, then also when the intakevalve closes cooling down a fixed amount of airmass will reduce its volume and reduce "VE".

So leaning on the PI to wet the aircharge and keep the DI working only in the ideal injection timing and not using it as much as you can, can be beneficial to power to a small degree. I wouldn't nessecarily say DI is more efficent than PI, especially PI thats basically spraying the back of a valve/ nearly directly into the cylinder. PI also doesn't require fuel to be under extreme pressuresfrom a mechanical pump driven by a camshaft. Im also not sure of how accuratly the flow in the DI injectors is modeled with the widly varing and rapidly changing pressure in the cylinder, the output side of the injector. MAP is much more constant by comparison. So once the engine is hot PI fuel control may actually be more percise leading to more effeciency. Startup emissions was the primary reason Ford added the DI. City/ Highway cruise and light acceleration its using 100% PI (even with the higher CR).

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Fuel will cool down the air charge helping with detonation. This happens with both the PI and DI, the DI can just do it much closer to the time ignition events occur.

When you are using a fuel that has suffecient octane and you aren't worried about detonation just performance, The DI will help VE when used in the middle of the intake stroke, but starts hurting VE if its continued to be used into the compression stroke. It has to do with the volume of a dry air charge vs wet, then also when the intakevalve closes cooling down a fixed amount of airmass will reduce its volume and reduce "VE".

So leaning on the PI to wet the aircharge and keep the DI working only in the ideal injection timing and not using it as much as you can, can be beneficial to power to a small degree. I wouldn't nessecarily say DI is more efficent than PI, especially PI thats basically spraying the back of a valve/ nearly directly into the cylinder. PI also doesn't require fuel to be under extreme pressuresfrom a mechanical pump driven by a camshaft. Im also not sure of how accuratly the flow in the DI injectors is modeled with the widly varing and rapidly changing pressure in the cylinder, the output side of the injector. MAP is much more constant by comparison. So once the engine is hot PI fuel control may actually be more percise leading to more effeciency. Startup emissions was the primary reason Ford added the DI. Highway cruise and light acceleration its using 100% PI (even with the higher CR).
Oh I know you. Murfie on hptuners. You do know your stuff. Do you tune cars?

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Last step of ess install
I’m guessing these mu 52 injectors are not a direct fit… they are too short. What do I need
Thanks
You will need the adapters to make them fit. Call Lethal or Beefcake, I'm sure they can get you squared away pretty quickly.

Mustang8111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
Thanks I’ve got some coming. I’m guessing these height adapters go on injector that goes into the manifold?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Thanks I’ve got some coming. I’m guessing these height adapters go on injector that goes into the manifold?
I think so, but double check with whomever you purchased them from. They should be able to clarify for you.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Really impressed with this fuel system so far. Hardly needed any tuning. The boost reference line adds fuel predictably. For about 500 more than a dw and bap it's well worthit. I should have done this from the start but did not want to have to run my own lines. With this kit I'm using the stock fuel line, aftermarket rails and no return line since the regulator is in the hat. You can run your own lines if you want. These snips are a before and after. See how on the bap and dw the pressure drop is immediate then the bap kicks in and it starts squeezing a little more out of the pump until the pump cant keep up and bottoms out around 35psi. Also notice the EQ ratios can't maintain the commanded ratio so they begin leaning out before the pull is over. The 100mm pulley is consistenly making around 14 psi at 7300-7400. On all my logs its like the MAF lags behind when its really making steam. Before my foot is off the gas and the boost has reached its peak the MAF tops out. I'm not sure if I need a new MAF or its just not keeping up with the airflow. I highly suggest anyone making over 750ish get a dual pump system.
1650513315096.png

1650513674779.png
What did you end up setting your base fuel pressure at?
Sponsored