ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Hi. Could you install a circular rubber/silicone incert into the intake side to reduce the ID by .250?
Doug I’m sure you probably could. If I feel like it’s coming loose after driving hard i may look into something like that. It seems pretty darn tight on it thou I did pull in it with both hands and all 6’ 3” 225lbs of me on it and it didn’t move. 😁

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Doug I’m sure you probably could. If I feel like it’s coming loose after driving hard i may look into something like that. It seems pretty darn tight on it thou I did pull in it with both hands and all 6’ 3” 225lbs of me on it and it didn’t move. 😁
And really it's a vacuum and not pressurized. So if it's tight, it's good in my opinion. I think I will order my G4 kit next month for it's just so reasonable to add one. I will start out easy, 93 and then later if I get the itch E85. But, I have no plans on pounding the car at a track, unless one of my friends wants to. Good Luck and have fun.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What is that ground lug next to the vacuum block for?

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

LuciferMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So if I'm throwing an ess on a '21, what is the right catch can, and do I need 1 or 2? I've seen several ones talked about here and then looking at UPRs website they have a ton of different ones. Which one is the right one to get?

I'm currently running just a basic j&l passenger side one but from reading posts here seems those won't work as they will free flow under boost. Could I just throw a check valve in line?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So if I'm throwing an ess on a '21, what is the right catch can, and do I need 1 or 2? I've seen several ones talked about here and then looking at UPRs website they have a ton of different ones. Which one is the right one to get?

I'm currently running just a basic j&l passenger side one but from reading posts here seems those won't work as they will free flow under boost. Could I just throw a check valve in line?
This is the one I am using, I have not had any issues, some guys have seem to have had issues with smells and vacuum leaks, but mine is great.

UPR DUAL VALVE

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Do you want a vent to atmosphere (possible race car smells) or a closed system ( no smells)?

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Do you want a vent to atmosphere (possible race car smells) or a closed system ( no smells)?
Besides the smell is there any pros or cons to either?

On my last turbo car, or the one before that one actually, I had one with the check valve and didn't have any issues. It was not vented to atmosphere.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
This is the one I am using, I have not had any issues, some guys have seem to have had issues with smells and vacuum leaks, but mine is great.

UPR DUAL VALVE
Are any of those add-ons there needed?
Sponsored